The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 220 (Dawn)

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Seeing as two people are following him he reminds them to take a plank of wood from the entrance to cover there heads as they pass under the mushrooms.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:26 pm

I'd personally like someone to stay at the entrance but Gathers always seems to get stuck with these types of job but she like the crafting side so.... for now i say she does
1. Bone spikes for the trench
2. Make trench deeper.
3. Craft something
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 am

Patdragon wrote: 1. Bone spikes for the trench
2. Make trench deeper.
3. Craft something
Seconded.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:15 am

Minor detail, but Shackled wouldn't cross that water since it damages him.

"Morning, guess we should get this started right away."

Shackled will press the box into the water, hoping the content won't be damaged by it

We should go away just in case it's a really tricky curse.. Have you seen the rest of the island? We have exciting features like living vines, quicksand and much more! Our eastern beaches are amazing as well!"

Shackled will move south and south again, hopefully with the guy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:23 am

(sure, it was just an easy place to have him rest :))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 221

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Turn 221

"ok then lets get this mine explored! "

Buttons collects the glowing cubes and pops one in his helmet; one in the torch (which he hands off to Silver) and jams one in his pocket. Then, the pair head inside the mine. Treasures says a quick prayer at the altar before heading inside.

Each of the three goblins heads inside, gets safely glued upon by the mushrooms, and then wait while Buttons checks out the rope. It seems to be perfectly secure still, but it's going to be tricky for Silver to climb across while she's holding the torch in one hand. If both torches cross to the other side of the rope, it will also be very difficult for the last goblin to cross in the dark.

Kin stays outside on guard duty, and carves some more spikes for the pit. She does brilliantly well and manages to make 8 this turn! ON the other hand, the owlbear skeleton is now completely used up. From somewhere in the heart of the forest, she hears the sound of drums...

"Morning, guess we should get this started right away. We should go away just in case it's a really tricky curse.. Have you seen the rest of the island? We have exciting features like living vines, quicksand and much more! Our eastern beaches are amazing as well!"

Shackled carefully shoves the box into the wet sand and tries to convince the old guy to follow him south.

"You know, this is a very strange way to remove a curse... It must be quite an obscure one to need such a weird ritual. ... How exactly did YOU learn how to do this anyway? You're just a goblin."

Dream Turn 219

"Oh, I'm sorry! This is of course the treasure of my dreams (cough) and I was briefly tempted but I'm actually a priestess and I have the whole unimaginable riches of the afterlife thing going. That and the disappointment of a god for eternity helps keep me focused...Anyways, do you think you could help me get through the room? I really don't want to be a bother to you or the dragon more than I have already been."
"Yes, well... I can't argue with that. How do you think I ended up doing this job? I suppose you'd better get going. Good luck in your journey!"

Write sneaks past the dragon and down a long and twisting tunnel that eventually leads her to a heavy wooden door. Peeking cautiously inside, she finds herself in an opulent banqueting hall, where a feast has been laid out on a long golden table.

A tiny humanoid creature looks up as she enters and squeals.

"Oh thank the gods! Please help me! I am so very hungry! Please! It has been such a long time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Write stops and surveys the room slowly, paying specific attention to the hanging tapestries. All faces belonging to known enemies of goblinkind both generally and specifically to her and her clan. Good sign.

She then looks for an eexit.

"Hello there! I'd love to help but I have a few quick questions. Who are you and why are you here? Who's hall and food is this? And why has the blue little person not helped you?"

She'll address the little blue person as well,

"Any input from you is also welcome!"

OOC: the pile of gold was reasonable enough!

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Treasures has a sort of idea - she takes some of the glue from the mushrooms, and carefully uses a stone to scrape some of the glue on to her armor. Then, she arranges the dead footnom over the armor to make a sort of camoflage. She'll head back out of the cave, and once there, glue some pieces of the dead stick-men, too, so that she can blend in with the forest background.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:01 am

I'll get writes update done tonight. I assume the rest of you need more time to decide what to do?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Dream Only (Turn 220)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Turn 220

Write surveys the tapestries on the walls. They do indeed seem to be pictures of some very nasty people, and although she doesn't recognise the person in the middle, the fact that he appears to be half-plant probably isn't a good sign.

Glancing around, she looks for an exit, but doesn't see anything obvious.

"Hello there! I'd love to help but I have a few quick questions. Who are you and why are you here? Who's hall and food is this? And why has the blue little person not helped you?"
"What? Who are you talking about? I'm the only one here! Please, I'm SO hungry! You have to help me!"

-------------------------------------------------

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Island: Dream Update (220)

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 pm

OOC: Yeah, indecision it is. Lets defend one more time and hope the dream ends as soon as possible.

On hearing drums Buttons sighs. "Looks like mine exploring on hold again guys lets head back out. Get your boards ready for the mushrooms"

Heading back outside He looks at quick extra defenses they can do together
"Ok every one here's a plans lets place all the dead trees between he spikes and the wall, then if anyone comes we'll try and light it for extra effect, use their own weakness against them. One person might want to see the wooded zone so we get an early warning and can cast spells and such before the fight this time "

One person should try and finish the spikes with the human bones for the last little bit and as Kin was so effective last time, that can be her job.

Button also collect his spear and they will need reach weapons if a wall is going to be of any use.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:00 pm

"Should explore now, best chance we have."Silver puts her torch between her teeth as she crosses and peers into the next room.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Button cuts the rope in frustration
Button sighs, and re thinks his action depending on what treasure decides to do.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:59 am

Write will squint at the blue guy. Nope, totally there a mirage.

Write will address the red person with a level tone:

"I understand you're hungry, but there is definitely someone else here with us. They look almost exactly like you but they are blue. The same shade as the wall so they blend in. but you didn't answer any of my questions. I will help you as best I can but I need to know the situation here first. So please, the quicker you answer my questions the quicker we can move to helping you!"

Write will then go under the table (gesturing for the red one to follow) and come up so she can see the blue critter from the other side, without the blue background.
"I see you there, so just standing quietly isn't go work. I'm guessing there is a reason you didn't want your red friend to know you were here but now they do." She'll point the blue one out if needed. "Any chance you could answer any of the questions I asked before?"

She also start considering ways that she could get up on the table. It looks pretty tall but maybe she could climb a leg with the table cloth. She'll give the cloth a gentle and steady pull increasing the weight to see how much it moves. If it starts to slide at all she'll stop pulling.

OCC: Seconded on Kin setting up more spikes, but since Write is under the body she can maybe move her behind the trench somewhere first?
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:20 am

Don't have much time, but I think the bones are all used up by now. Kin should try and make leg slot armour out of the hides, instead, please.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:12 pm

@rodgeir: congratulations! You have spotted an art error that has taken me 3 days to find :D the blue guy shouldn't be there, he's apparently a copy-paste extra that snuck in somewhere along the way and then confused the hell out of me because I had zero idea what you were talking about or who write was trying to talk to.

Probably best if you ignore the blue guy :D

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:12 am

Yeaaaah! But also damn. I was thinking you were trying to be sneaky with the blue guy.

I hope the little red guy/gal won't hold it against Write :). Action will be amended accordingly.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Dream Update (221)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Turn 221 (DREAM)

"I understand you're hungry, but you didn't answer any of my questions. I will help you as best I can but I need to know the situation here first. So please, the quicker you answer my questions the quicker we can move to helping you!"
"Oooohhhhh... I don't know whose hall this is. I don't even remember how I got here! All I know is that I've been here so long! And I'm SO HUNGRY!!"

Write isn't sure if it's all the talk of being hungry, or just the delicious-looking spread of food on the table, but she begins to feel a little peckish herself...

She check out the tablecloth with a gentle tug. It feels slightly strange to the touch, but seems to be weighed down pretty well by the weight of the plates on the table.

-------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:52 pm

OOC: Thirded on the leg armor, seconded on relocating Write's body! I was actually somewhat afraid that Jack's lair is actually down the cave, and that's where his minions would come from - but I guess if they had been able to do that, they wouldn't have attacked our fortifications the night before.

Treasures can go keep a lookout outside, after she finishes preparing her camoflague. The rest of the plan sounds great, as best as we can hope to do until Write comes back.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Write will amend her thinking, the little person isn't red but actually green. She will lean in closer to get a better look at the little person before going under the table and looking for anything that would help her or give her a clue about what to do here.

"You've been here a long time? So you've explored the place? Did anything seem unusual, like for instance that the food didn't rot? Honestly this entire setup feels like a trap."

She will wait for the response to that before asking,

"Have you tried climbing the table cloth up?" While asking she will rub the cloth between her fingers trying to figure out what the odd feeling is.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:31 am

"I wish I could say I've been reading the lay lines and some other magical mumbo jumbo, but it was discovered by accident. We had a cursed helmet that couldn't be removed from my friends head. It caused him to go bat shit crazy for several hours if he was with more than three people at once. He fell in the lake during a rampage and he suddenly got normal. It didn't last for long though when he got up again. The following day we had him lie with the helmet in the water for most of a day and it finally came off, it's a completely normal helmet now."

Shackled continues going alongside the beach looking out over the ocean

OOC: If one of you could make it to the beach at some point to check the chest content, it would be nice while I keep the guy distracted :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:07 pm

ooc: Not much chance of that I think (plus it'd take about 3-4 turns to get there). If that was you plan from the start i wish you'd said earlier somebody could have followed you last night and done it.

I feel another fight is coming soon at the mine entrance soon and i think we'll need your strength so perhaps you can get him to walk into the quick sand and end his "plot line".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As such I guess buttons moves the dead tree folk by himself into the gap between wall and spikes after retrieving his spear he also makes a part he ready to be lit but having the more lightable drier wood in one area.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 222 (Everyone!)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:33 pm

Turn 222

"Looks like mine exploring on hold again guys lets head back out. Get your boards ready for the mushrooms. Ok every one here's a plans lets place all the dead trees between he spikes and the wall, then if anyone comes we'll try and light it for extra effect, use their own weakness against them. One person might want to see the wooded zone so we get an early warning and can cast spells and such before the fight this time"
"Should explore now, best chance we have.

Silver shoves her torch down the front of her outfit and manages to successfully navigate the crossing by feel alone. When she feels solid ground underneath her again, she extricates the torch and surveys her surroundings.

Treasures brings the glue-boards back with her and starts trying to create a camouflage-suit by gluing bits of the dead twig-people onto her leather armour. Disappointingly, the glue seems to have set hard on the wood almost immediately now that it's no longer in the mushroom.

Buttons goes to move Write's body, but as he tries to move her, he is gently, but firmly repelled by a weird magical barrier. It looks like she's being protected by it. Feeling more at ease about his comrade's safety, Buttons leaves her under the human corpse and goes back to directing the others.

Kin starts trying to make leather armour from the owlbear hide. It's VERY heavy and VERY hot though, and would be more suited to something like a cloak or kilt. If they want to make wearable trousers, they would be better off removing the feathers first. It probably wouldn't be as protective, but it would be more comfortable to wear in the jungle heat.

"I wish I could say I've been reading the lay lines and some other magical mumbo jumbo, but it was discovered by accident. We had a cursed helmet that couldn't be removed from my friends head. It caused him to go bat shit crazy for several hours if he was with more than three people at once. He fell in the lake during a rampage and he suddenly got normal. It didn't last for long though when he got up again. The following day we had him lie with the helmet in the water for most of a day and it finally came off, it's a completely normal helmet now."

Shackled continues onwards, surveying the ocean. Above him, he sees a small flock of crows flying overhead towards the Island.

"Well isn't that strange! How could ravens have got this far out to sea? ...Useful birds those. They can carry surprisingly heavy loads!"

"You've been here a long time? So you've explored the place? Did anything seem unusual, like for instance that the food didn't rot? Honestly this entire setup feels like a trap."

"There's no way out! There's only the food! And no matter what I eat, I never feel better. Ohhhhh! I'm so hungry!"
"Have you tried climbing the table cloth up?"
"Of course I have! It doesn't help!"

Write rubs the cloth between her fingers, but it feels perfectly normal. Her stomach growls hungrily at the delicious smells wafting down from the table.

The little creature sits up, staring away into the distance as it seems to be coming to a realisation.

"You're... meat. You could be food..."

----------------------------------------
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"Should explore now, best chance we have."Silver puts her torch between her teeth as she crosses and peers into the next room.
Is this not a thing?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 222 (Everyone)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Yes. Yes it is.

Sorry, this was tough to figure where everyone's actions were and I missed the second part of yours. Will edit the change now.

...and done. Sorry about that!