The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 222 (Everyone)

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:19 pm

And i didn't mention touching write at all. I wanted to start putting tree bodies between the spikes and wall.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Ah damn - you had like 4 non-actions posted and I missed the part where you actually posted one. Consider checking on wrote a freebie then and that you've shoved a couple of corpses into the trench.

It's honestly a huge help if you guys can highlight actions that are part of a long discussion though :) hopefully back on track next turn.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 pm

No worries. Everything i hope this turn didn't really happen anyway...and now what dragons approach?...no way would it just be crows....

Buttons sings/mutters to himself.. "everyone is gonna die"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Write turns slowly and considers the little creature. "How do you think you're trying to eat me will go?" Write's tone will indicate she believes it would go poorly for the creature.

"So you've been eating but the food doesn't help? Wait...were you always so small?"

Shrugging, and not knowing what else to do (presuming she did check under the table last turn?) she will address the creature,

"If you want up to the table I can lift you up."

If the creature does indeed want that Write will give it a boost up and then will put some distance between herself and the table to see if anything happens.

If at any point the creature starts acting aggressively towards her Write will first attempt to keep away from it so she can finish the above dialogue and failing that will give the creature a moderate strength kick. If a kick is needed the offer of uppsies is off the table :lol: .

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:27 am

Kin tries to sneak past the vines and the ant hill and moves towards where the box was left by the strange man, as fast as possible, avoiding any known dangers.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:51 am

Buttons mutters to himself about how he wanted to explore the mine and continues to fill the gap with dead treefolk, hoping it will make some difference if they are attacked again. However with minimum goblins left in the area he really hopes nothing does actually attack today as it might just mean saying f-it and fleeing into the mine.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Burns did you have an action?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Avoidthe shrooms and go up ladder, putting the torch in a safe placr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 pm

OK, then I need a plan for how you're going to avoid the mushrooms please :) you can't go around because it's a 2d world in here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Uhhh identify them and jump over?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:05 pm

"I guess a boat or an airship or something similar will be here soon.. Likely try to cause trouble.."

Shackled will try to estimate how fast the birds will get to the island before continuing his treck around the beach.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Treasures gives up on the camo suit idea. Waving to her friends, she sneaks off to the right to see if anyone's coming. If no one's there, she'll continue sneaking to where the zeppelin's parked.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Turn 223

"everyone is gonna die"

Spirits are high in Camp Morale as the drums keep on booming.

Buttons grumbles to himself as he angrily kicks more dead treefolk into the trench.

Treasures and Kin hurry south to the top of the ladder, but don't meet anyone alarming or dangerous just for a change. As they emerge from the forest, they leave the sounds of drums behind them.

Silver looks at the mushroom and decides that it looks a LOT like the glue-spitting mushrooms from the previous room. She's pretty sure that trying to jump or climb over them without some sort of bridge or protection will probably end up with her becoming a very sticky, very immobile mess*. The vines near her head twitch while she stands still and begin to creep towards her.

"I guess a boat or an airship or something similar will be here soon.. Likely try to cause trouble.."
"That's an odd thing to say. They're probably just bringing your mail."

Shackled watches the birds for a little bit and decides that at the rate they're moving, they'll probably reach the island in two or three turns. He heads north and is met with the eye-watering stench of what can only be described as a rotting lizardman soup.

"How do you think you're trying to eat me will go?"
"I - Well - That depends... Do you WANT to be food? That would be pretty convenient for me."
"So you've been eating but the food doesn't help? Wait...were you always so small?"
"Yes! Were you always so rude? But no, I don't want up there. That food doesn't fill you up."

In the dream, Write is more than a little creeped-out by the the tiny hungry guy. Her stomach growls angrily and she feels like she would very much like to eat something. Checking underneath the table reveals very little other than the underside of the table. It seems lighter under here than it should be though, as if the table was letting light through or something... The little guy follows her and begins to drool.

--------------------------------------------------------------

*Burns - if you're totally sure you want to jump over the glue-mushrooms, let me know and it'll happen as part of this turn.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Treasures reclaims the arrow from the owlbear corpse (waste not want not), and then sneaks up the ladder to what is up there, really.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Sigh fine, lets teleport back to camp. And start practicing throwing daggers again

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 pm

@Burns- You can't teleport while inside the mine, Can you perhaps use your daggers to cut through the base of it, using your glue board as cover to force it away from you?

Buttons listens and worries about the drums and then continues with the branch placing making sure one area can be easily lit.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:46 am

Write glares at the increasingly creepy little creature. "You saying I'm rude after you start suggesting that you'll try to eat me? Give it a rest. So this whole thing is an illusion? (more quietly) Great...an illusion in a dream."

"Okay...I think I know what we need to do to get out of here and get food. Bear with me just a bit more and I'm sure we can get this figured out without either one of us becoming a meal." She will give the little guy a long, meaningful look.

Write will straighten and look at table trying to see through the illusion. The table cloth isn't there. The table isn't there. The food isn't there. What is there? If that doesn't work she will attempt to break the illusion by pulling very hard on the table cloth to pull the food from the table.

If there is time left she will attempt to see if there is anything illusion like from the little guy.

If the little guy becomes aggressive she'll firmly, but not with lethal force, boot him away.

Edited*

-----
OOC: Next turn Write eats the little guy and we get to do Evil Dead!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Kin tries to sneak past the vines and the ant hill and moves towards where the box was left by the strange man, as fast as possible, avoiding any known dangers.
Vote that Kin continues to try and get to the box, moving fast and avoiding dangers and (if needed) Shackled keeps distracting the crazy guy. Maybe asking him where he is from and if he is expecting mail?.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:02 am

I'll second that suggestion for Kins action. May luck be with us.

Also @ BURNS - You seem have missed my last message you may want to redo your action as a teleport won't work inside a mine.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:46 am

I saw it but I want to know for sure from thinks.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 am

Oh - yeah, there's no teleporting out of the cave.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 am

"I was just talking about where they came from, not what they were bringing. You should perchance know how to lure them to us rather than their proper destination?"

Shackled moves north and sunbathes
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 am

okay then. stabbin a shroom with wooden daggers cause i dont want my knife with gunk on it

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 am

OK, which part of the mushroom?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

The base