Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 382

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Turn 382

Splits sits down and meditates, recovering 1MP. The rest seems to help relieve the worst of the poisoning, and he manages to avoid losing any health this turn. He strongly suspects that if he acts while poisoned, he'll feel the effects of it then and he really hopes it wears off soon.

Tugs decides to try and help, and spends 1MP attempting to transfer the poison out of Splits and into his harpoon. It works a bit, and Tugs adds a slot of Weak Poison to his harpoon. Splits still feels poisoned, but a lot less than a moment ago.

Belief tries concentrating really hard on the lump of metal he sent into the bag to see if that brings it back. It doesn't. What the hell, bag?!

Eaten suddenly realises how much jewellery he's carrying and hands the copper ring to Wakes before equipping the two gold rings himself and following Burned off to the right with Wakes.

Burned picks himself up, sighs, and heads right to meditate with Eaten and color=#8040FF]Wakes[/color]. They all recover 1MP.

Finds is disappointed with the lack of magical slots that he wanted to put in his new hat ( :paranoia: ) and decides to fix that. He undoes some of his work, then spends 1MP this turn and begins working some magic into the hat*. IT should be completed in about another 2 turns.

------------------------------------

* So normally you can't add magic to an item that already exists, but this was my mistake so we'll pretend I didn't screw that up and put you back on track as if I'd read your actions right the first time :P

--------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:02 pm

((Did being poisoned prevent Splits fast MP regeneration from working? If so, he'll keep on keeping calm and meditating to top off.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:11 pm

No, I just forgot about it. You're up to full, and I'll edit the update.

Edit: Actually, you only got 1mp back because you'd only spent the 1. To be clear though, the poison wouldn't have made any difference_ if you'd needed fast recovery you'd have been able to use it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm

((The last update had me at 0MP, otherwise I'd have tried to clear it with magic.))

Splits tries to purge the rest of the poison from his system, using his magic to draw it out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Then I guess I typoÔÇÖd :) sorry for the confusion!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 pm

While Splits is doing his thing, Tugs will be trying to draw that same poison into the harpoon to see if he can turn the weak poison slot into a stronger one.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:48 am

Finds continues to fix the hat, pausing to meditate as needed.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:31 am

(Pretty sure Burned was already at full MP, but he was meditating towards practicing improving his MP regeneration... Because he's not gonna start the fight until everyone else actually gets together and in here.)

And he'll do that this turn, too. Unless Splits takes over Burned's gracious offer to come over so he can see if he could channel some of the poison away... And into the ghost, of course. Which may or may definitely be considered an attack which would finally get this party going.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 am

M0rtimer wrote:(Pretty sure Burned was already at full MP, but he was meditating towards practicing improving his MP regeneration... Because he's not gonna start the fight until everyone else actually gets together and in here.)
Oooooh I understand now! That's fine, the (mostly fluffy) process to increase the MP pool involves basically organising and decluttering your mental, magical space to create more room to channel the magic around properly. The original goblin to try it did it with Princess Sparkle's help (which helped speed things up). If you give me extra flavour on what you're visualising and trying to do, you also get a bit of a bonus. If you can't be assed, your progress will depend on dice rolls only, in much the same way as learning most other skills.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:45 am

Belief grumbles and puts the bag away, before heading to the right and meditating.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:34 am

Hey folks! just waiting on Theis I think and then we can update.

Incidentally, my New Year's Resolution is to spend more time on these games and stop being lazy, so I'll be aiming to update more or less as soon as you guys get all your actions in from now on.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:19 am

While they wait for the others to assemble, Eaten starts poking through his inventory.

...why is he carrying around two rotting ribcages again?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:36 am

Wakes will generically clean his mind and make some order in his head, trying to expand his mana regen as well since they are just waiting for the attack
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 383

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Turn 384

Splits and Tugs work together to draw the remaining poison out of Splits and into the harpoon. Their combined efforts make light work of the task and they are able to completely drain the poison from Splits. Tugs harpoon now contains Poison.

Finds continues to work on the hat, channelling another 1MP into its construction. He is pretty good at this, and should be able to finish it up next turn.

Burned and Wakes both meditate to improve their MP-recovery skills, with both of them visualising the space in their minds where their magic pools and beginning to clean up the clutter. Unfortunately neither of them are able to focus particularly easily, and they don't make much progress.

Belief grumbles at the useless bag and heads right to meditate.

Eaten decides to do a quick stock-check while he waits on the others and wonders why he's been carrying animal carcasses around with him all this time...

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Tugs heads right and meditates, "Well, combining energies is easy enough when you have somewhere to store them, it seems. Probably helps that they're the same type."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 pm

"Thanks for the help!" Splits walks with Tugs, and if no danger presents itself immediately, meditates as well.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:04 am

Eaten decides to spend his time cleaning the rotten meat off the ribcages. If he was going to be carrying these things around, he at least wanted them to be mostly clean. And also not stink like Maglubiyet's farts.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 am

Burned, seeing that things are slowly being cleared up but not quite, continues waiting for the others as he goes about trying to tidy up his mindscape.

This was off course not an easy job. His mind was quite obviously a clutter, and his mental representation of it all was probably rather scarily accurate- As was his method with dealing it all, as he focused primarily on overstuffing a few single drawers that he imagined off to the sides, making the center clear for thought.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 am

Fix, fix, fix, fix the magic hat. o:)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Wakes follows Burned and keeps meditating. He sees his mind as a room with potential to be nice and cozy if not for all the crap everywhere. Seems like there's no place to start but he goes to work, moving stuff around into piles and organize it into categories. Once that is done he'll start with clearing a bit of space and neatly put his thoughts there, clearing up more space and continue like that.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Belief uses his magic to channel one point of health into the empty slot in his magic ring.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 384

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Turn 384

"Thanks for the help!"
"Well, combining energies is easy enough when you have somewhere to store them, it seems. Probably helps that they're the same type."

Tugs and Splits meditate.

Eaten spends the turn picking rotten meat off the ribcage. It's... not pleasant. Still, he does a decent job and the bones end up nice and clean.

Burned is somewhat surprised at the clutter in his mindspace but decides to make quick work of tidying up. He imagines himself a chest of drawers and goes about stuffing all his mental clutter inside. It's surprisingly effective! Now to make a nice spot to store his magic.

"Why not over there?"
"Good thinking Mr. Rock!"

Wakes imagines a nice cosy space, with just a little too much in it to be tidy and he too starts to clear up the mess. It's pretty hard finding space for all his weirdly-shaped thoughts and ideas, but he too soon manages to clear a nice big space. He is also ready to try and find a safe place for his magic to stay.

Belief spends 1MP to transfer 1HP into his magic ring.

Finds keeps on working and finally finishes his Magical Rabbitskin Hat. It's pretty warm, and he'll need to be careful not to overeat while wearing it with all his other cold-weather gear but it does at least now have 1 magical slot.

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Wait, am I the only one who hasn't noticed Burned has been changing colours constantly?

If everyone else is ready, Tugs will attack the ghost with his magically charged harpoon.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:31 pm

If everyone else attacks, Splits will join in with Stormreaver!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:54 am

Finds meditates to get his MP back, then follows the others to help with the battle.
► Show Spoiler