Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 376

Post by Synch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Belief takes the amulet from the small folk with a bow of thanks. "I shall reunite it with its other half. Say, you don't happen to know what is in this knothole do you? One of you must have explored in there at some stage."

If they reply that it is nothing harmful, Belief will reach in to grab it.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:29 pm

With a sigh, Tugs returns to the right, preparing to incapacitate Burned after his poor decisions inevitably lead to possession.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 am

Finds tries to channel the glowy energy into himself.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:17 am

Wakes climbs down and checks up on chirp while waiting for the impending doom called Burned makes a life changing decision.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 am

"Ah, here we go... A crown befitting my stature! Now, maybe finally the others will recognize my authority, and actually listen! And... Oh, what is the matter mr. Rock?"

"What? Why are you giving me that look? You can't be angry because of the crown! It's not a weapon, it's a head ornament! There's no competition! You can probably become best buds!"

"Well, not really, since we are already best buds and all, you know. Still, second best is still something, huh?"

"Or... Are you suggesting I don't need the crown..? You know what Mr. Rock? You're absolutely right."

"I'm already the greatest, most fashionable goblin of us all! Wearing a crown would change nothing about that!"

With that, Burned simply tries to stash away the crown in his inventory, where hammerspace will hopefully protect him from it's ill effects, until such a time he has to take it out again. Hopefully the others are right about it actually being the crown they need, and not a mimic trying to eat his brains or something like that...

But with all that said, the other goblins likely let out a sigh of relief as hopefully Burned manages to resist putting on the crown, instead either storing it away or finding himself unable to as he'll just drop it for a bit. Hopefully. This was all a big "if"

Assuming nothing of note happens, however...

"Well, guess that's settled then..."

"Now, I'm gonna find out what happens if you drink from this pool!"

And with that, Burned does indeed move over to take a sip of this "pool of wonders"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 am

"Hey! This room is crazy! How do I get over there chief? You know... to bask in your glory as you do something stup...endous!?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:42 am

Eaten meditates.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:57 am

spiderwrangler wrote:"Hey! This room is crazy! How do I get over there chief? You know... to bask in your glory as you do something stup...endous!?"
You can just climb down the ladder if you want to go (carefully) under the yellow jellyfish thing or you can attempt to ride the yellow thing better than tugs and finds did :)

Edit: Here's the link to the first attempt.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:"Hey! This room is crazy! How do I get over there chief? You know... to bask in your glory as you do something stup...endous!?"
You can just climb down the ladder if you want to go (carefully) under the yellow jellyfish thing or you can attempt to ride the yellow thing better than tugs and finds did :)

Edit: Here's the link to the first attempt.
Considering barely touching the eyes made it rocket through the universe, I'd say there is no "better". :P
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm

You are a perceptive one, dlover :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 pm

All right. Spider, you can add in how you want to get to Burned &co. if you would like to otherwise he'll stay put.

All other actions are locked.

M0rt: Please roll me 2d20s.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Figuring there's already one goblin being stupid reckless, Splits carefully climbs down the ladder, waves at the guy there, hops over the purple stuff, avoids any trapped bits and makes it over to his chief.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:15 am

Very lucky rolls: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20 = [15] = 15

That's... Good, right? Above average? :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:36 am

Nah man, two 20's make you a near-god, two 13's make you an actual god, and the rest just kill you. :P
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:58 am

M0rtimer wrote:Very lucky rolls: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20 = [15] = 15

That's... Good, right? Above average? :shifty:
Aye sure, why not :lol:

I'll get you guys an update tonight and put m0rt out of his misery.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 377

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Turn 377

Eaten meditates...

... and Finds tries to channel the glowy energy into himself. It extinguishes the torch, but casts a pleasant, ghostly glow over his skin. He's not sure how long this effect will last, but it's pretty cool!

Meanwhile...

"Ah, here we go... A crown befitting my stature! Now, maybe finally the others will recognize my authority, and actually listen! And... Oh, what is the matter mr. Rock?"

"What? Why are you giving me that look? You can't be angry because of the crown! It's not a weapon, it's a head ornament! There's no competition! You can probably become best buds! Well, not really, since we are already best buds and all, you know. Still, second best is still something, huh? Or... Are you suggesting I don't need the crown..? You know what Mr. Rock? You're absolutely right. I'm already the greatest, most fashionable goblin of us all! Wearing a crown would change nothing about that!"

Burned uses the overwhelming power of his ego to pop the crown into hammerspace.

"I shall reunite it with its other half. Say, you don't happen to know what is in this knothole do you? One of you must have explored in there at some stage."

"In there? I don't know. We hide in there every once in a while and nobody's died yet. We are VERY lucky folk though."

Belief takes the amulet from the delvers and sticks his hand into the tree. There's definitely something in there... it's fuzzy... slightly warm... and juuuuuust out of reach. Dammit!

"Hey! This room is crazy! How do I get over there chief? You know... to bask in your glory as you do something stup...endous!?"
"Well, guess that's settled then... Now, I'm gonna find out what happens if you drink from this pool!"
Holy shit! He's going to drink from the pool! MOVE!!
"Yeah, I'm not risking that twice! We're lucky, but we're not stupid. See you!"

The delvers disappear while Splits clambers his way across the room to stand next to his Chief.

Tugs sighs and returns to the room on the left in anticipation of Burned killing everyone. Wakes checks in on Chirp (who is happily sleeping) and climbs down the ladder ready to help Tugs. Come to think of it, Chirp would probably really enjoy this room.

Burned climbs across to the pool's edge and scoops a handful of the cool water and drinks. Mmmmm! That was refreshing!

After a few tense moments, a delver pops its head out.

"Still alive? Good for you! Lucky folk are nice to have around. Looking good by the way!"

------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Did Splits not do anything?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:35 pm

"Well, that wasn't too bad. He'll probably rant about being a 'golden god' or something now, but at least he didn't blow up. So, we gonna fight this ghost guy or what?"
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:49 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Did Splits not do anything?
Sorry, i skipped your post and went straight to the dice rolls! Oops! I'm updating it now.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Belief takes out a stick from the bundle he is carrying, and gives the object a gentle poke and tickle, nothing malicious.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:51 pm

so, uhm, what did it do to burned? Just change his color?

Finds meditates to regain his spent MPs.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:53 am

"Well, that wasn't too bad. He'll probably rant about being a 'golden god' or something now, but at least he didn't blow up. So, we gonna fight this ghost guy or what?"

"...Hmm."

"Is this it?"

"I just changed color? That's all?"

"Or is it like actual gold? I guess that would be pretty cool."
he says, tapping his skin for confirmation to find out whether it's just color or something else.

"Like, if it was actual gold, then maybe one day we'll meet something that uses acid and I'll be like, you fool, you can't hurt me! I'm chemically inert!"

"I suppose it would also help against fire and stuff when that destiny inevitably becomes true... Although I'm not sure how I'd feel about part of me being smelted into commemorative coins after my death."

"Still, I expected a bit more than just this... What about some awesome powers? Like breathing fire! Or wings! Maybe super strength!"

"Besides, I liked being red..."

"...Maybe I should just drink again..."
Burned says- Likely causing another delver evacuation as he really considers taking yet another sip. I mean, how many sips could it possibly require to become red again, right? Eventually he decides against it, though. For now

"But yeah, we should try and kill the ghost. I mean it's a human ghost guarding something of value, so we'll probably want it, right?"

"Just make sure you're fully stocked up on MP. We already confirmed they can probably not even be touched by normal weapons, so..."

"Hey Mr. Rock, you'll have no issues hurting a ghost when it comes to it, right?"
he asks, raising the mace for a brief confirmation or denial. Following that he moves right, and, with nothing else to do but wait for the others to finish, briefly meditates, hoping to miraculously expand his mp pool further by both intense training and maybe some luck.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:17 am

"Did we ever ask if the pool actually did something really good for the lucky delvers?.. Also if we are going to fight the ghost with magic, we should find some energy source and stack up on that so we are sure we have something to use against it rather than just try to drain the unlife from it."

That said, Wakes heads over to the tree to help investigate the hole by slowly using his stored light in his arrows to light up the hole in a non blinding fashion. He'll also see what kind of energies are available in the water.

Once he hears there are positive effects, he'll take a sip himself not ready to be outdone by the glorious chief just yet

1D20 = [19] = 19
1D20 = [10] = 10
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 am

"Energy source you say..?" Burned says, turning back to the pool...

"Actually, maybe we could just stock up on this water? Turn it into grenades to lob at our enemies? Like 25% chance it ends up benefitting us, 60 that it does nothing special, and only a measly 15 percent that we'll turn things much, much worse for us!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Tugs, being an entirely rational person. Heads over to scold Burned for being so reckless. As he gets close, though, he slips on the slicked stones and lands face-first in a pool, swallowing a mouthful before he can stop himself.
(Well, I needed a way to get Tugs to drink when it would be completely against his personality.)

Roll: 8, 14
My game:

My characters: