The gods world OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

The gods world OOC

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:20 pm

OOC:
This is an OOC thread for my upcoming word creation game.
Signups are still open HERE.

Use this Thread to post any questions regarding the game.
Use the linked thread for signups.
Last edited by LAYF on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: OOC, The gods world (UPCOMMING GAME)

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 pm

A Full explanation of the game, with images :) (Description text below Image)

Stage 1. The players form the land by placing down white dots and forms for land, and blue dots and forms for water.

Between stage 1 and 2, IÔÇÖll make a small transformation to the form, making it resemble real coast lines more.

Stage 2. The players place down Mountains, Chasms and springs. Along the way, IÔÇÖll lead the water to the coast, the players can direct it two with energy.

Stage 3. The players creates Monsters, small forests and animal herds.

Between stage 3 and 4, I will be moving the monsters around a bit randomly, let the forests and animal herds grow. Just before stage 4, IÔÇÖll PM each god the location of the monsters they created. So that the gods knows where their own monsters are.

Stage 4. Stage 4 is without maps, here the players creates their 3 landing parties.

Stage 5. The players takes their landing parties, navigates them around the map, they cannot see the animals and monsters, they must try and find a good place to settle and make colonies, that will grow to cities and send out people to make other cities and expand the territory.

After stage 5 I will use this to make 2 maps, 1 with political borders, and 1 without.

(I will put much more detail into creating the real map, just take it easy... and it will be much bigger)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 am

IÔÇÖm done with the base map, Its made so it will fit nicely into any standard paper (the A1-A6 sized paper).
We will play on 1008 Squares of map *Drops jaw*
So because itÔÇÖs so massive, I have added the possibility of using a bigger ÔÇ£brushÔÇØ on the world, at a discount.
- . Any shape in double times the size (1 square = 4 squares) = 3 times the cost.
- . Any shape above in triple times the size (1 square = 9 squares) = 6 times the cost.

To be even more cool is that in the 5th stage we will try and colonize a world consisting of 4032 squares *Jaw hits the floor*

Now... this also means that I might Add to your energy reserve or energy regain rate at some point, but we will vote on that (if you simply canÔÇÖt do anything)... it IS a non tested system...

The finished map will be 3508 by 2480 pixels big...
But... without any further ado... Here is the map that the game will start on in the 1st stage.
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm

I don't think you told us, but when are you planning on starting the game?
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 am

No I have not so :)
I Plan on making the player draft Tomorrow or The day after... I need a few more things ready first...
The draft will be a 1D100 roll on invisible castle for all players, in the order they are on the Signup list. 4 highest gets a place.
When thatÔÇÖs done, IÔÇÖll set up the Play Thread, including an invisible castle roll with the gods initial Energy. And then PM those who got in that the game is up.
The game will then start when all players have posted their godÔÇÖs name, a small amount of BG story, and their first actions (they may also post that they pass this round if they will)

Hope that answers your question :)
-Best regards LAYF

jrlans
Whispers Softly

Post by jrlans » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
jrlans wrote:I'm definitely in :)
What kinds of races will the gods have to choose from?
They will create them themselves (but you can just take a classic one thatÔÇÖs okay). if you read the fluff (posted above) There is a story where the gods take a animal and form it in their image, creating the first race (some humanoidish race, non described yet), then they make that one creature and makes i a thousands. then each good takes 3 male and 3 female of the first race, and change them to fit their individual image more than the general image, thus creating the 2nd races. (this effectively allows the players to create up to 3 races to use in stage 4 (but they donÔÇÖt have to...) the races are those that they gather in the 3 landing parties, and if you pay extra, you may create multiple landing parties of the same race)
I read the whole thing, I just wanted to check if you would have a list or let us submit ideas. Trying to come up with a God and what races would worship him.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Nope. no restrictions... the races are for Fluff. in game mecanics, the only thing that matters is if races are diffrent from each other... (okay, if someone comes up with somthing realy cool, i might add it, and if someone wants special symbols for theire cities i might add that two in the final map, if its within my abilities)
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 am

Well, mine seems to be shaped like a cloud.
Just to be clear, we are going to fill up the entire map before we move to the next stage right?
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:13 am

Yes, that is correct... unless you as players want to go to the next stage.. then ill fill the rest out with water and if there is space land (but so as the land do not have contact with the land you have made)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Hmm... I'm thinking of adding a Energy upper limit... so as to avoid hoarding of energy.... something depening on hte stage... like

Stage 1- 60 points limit.
Stage 2- 70 points limit.
Stage 3- 80 points limit.
Stage 4- 90 points limit.
Stage 5- 100 points limit.
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I would be fine with that.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:49 pm

This game, it is no longer upcomming. Stop confusing us LAYF. Fix the thread title.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:This game, it is no longer upcomming. Stop confusing us LAYF. Fix the thread title.
Oh.. damn... sorry.. fixed.... :oops:
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: OOC, The gods world

Post by Arydra » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 am

time to actually put this thread to good use. Badge, why did you hurt my poor little river? In order to prevent this from happening again I propose that we divide our continent. I will take the north and you can have the south ok?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 am

I didn't mean to directly interrupt you actually, our actions just kind of collided. I thought it would be cool to have a lava. However, i will accept this truce on one condition, since you are the one seeking it. In the future, when you make some people, you will create a subservient race (slaves) for my people. If you accept this, then I will leave your lands alone and control only south of the volcano and allow you to have everything north of the volcano.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm

I feel like this is turning into a Civil War type scenario. I will do so, but be warned. One day my chosen peoples will rise and destroy your half of the continent in order to free my subservient race.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:01 pm

I accept your future slaves. Though we will see who wins this game of chess.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:33 pm

I am pretty good at chess. Although my team should get blue and yours can get red (water & lava respectively). And as all good gamers know, blue is always the good guys :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 pm

The slaves have nothing about him being evil right? :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 am

Ah well... Evil is all good... wait? what?
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Badge, I propose an amendment to our pact, we should confine jrlans to his island and he can act as a tie breaker between our inevitable conflict. Agreed?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 pm

I will agree to this amendment.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

jrlans, are you in agreement as well? Be mindful if you oppose out pact, our chosen races will wipe yours off the face of our bountiful world.
Last edited by Arydra on Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 am

Arydra wrote:jrlans, are you in agreement as well? Be mindful if you oppose out pact, our chosen races will wipe yours off the face of out bountiful world.
Hehe.. looking at his first actions?

No :P
-Best regards LAYF

jrlans
Whispers Softly

Post by jrlans » Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 am

Completely forgot to check this thread.
But to answer your question, I'll need some sort of presence on the mainland. You know, just in case you need a tiebreaker before I have a fully functional navy :P