PokTA: Midnight Anchor (In Character)

Home to all current Forum Games.
staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Re: PokTA: Midnight Anchor (In Character)

Post by staron13 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:26 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 31, 2013 12:43 pm

"She did very well for her age and power, I am proud of her. Alright, come on out Aqua, lick the spheal."
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri May 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Rae

When Artemis watches her Trainer, she will notice that Raes dark eyes seem almost to glow as she watches the Bulbasaurs and the Ivysaur in their strange and beautiful dance... Song... Becoming.
A seldom seen, a true smile flies over the face of the young trainer and she can't keep herself from humming the melody, too... Even when there seems to be a part missing. That is only broken for a second when she heres the loud sounds, the grumbling, the deep voice that joins the others... What was... That ?

Nevertheless, the song seems whole now... Fitting... And very beautiful, like the moonlight itsself that is shining on the green skin...
When the song seems to have come to an end Rachel exchanges a look with her friend.

"So... Seems now it means courage... I hope they don't see us as a treat, but seing how many they are, I don't think so... The Dex says they are Herbivores..."

But first, she wants to approach carefully... That deep sound creeped her out a little bit... Could that be... The final evolution ? Raes heart is beating that fast, that she is sure the bulbasaurs have to hear it... And her blood ruses in her ears that much, that it's hard to notice if she makes a noise or not.

Be it as it is. If she (suprisingly) is unheared, Rae will try to scan the "whatever it may be" and then sit down together with Artemis, making herself carefully known to the little(or not so little) pokemon.

If she is heared, she skips the scanning (for now) and instead crouches down... Appearing not so big may put the bigger pokemon at ease and making her hopefully less threatfull for the smaller ones... Which have her Main focus if she isn't running for her life a few seconds later.

"Uhm... Hello all together...", she speaks, with a not to loud, unusually soft voice... She was still pulled away by the things she had just seen.

"Nice to meet you all... I am Rae... And this is Artemis. We don't want to threaten any of you... In fact, I hope to get to know one of you better, maybe to join me on my journeys and dreams... But first... Uhm... A sign that I have only good intentions."

Carefully she reaches for the treats she brought with her and after a second, puts them down in the direction of the female bulbasaur she scanned earlier. While especially Rae should know better, isn't it said quite often, that girls are easier to handle than boys ?

If any other shows interest, she will offer treats to the other bulbasaurs (or the larger forms), too... As much as she has treats at least. But, well, she has to start somewhere...

As an idea, if the situation stays uneasy, Rae begins to hum the melody of the "Bulbasaur-Song", she just heared... Maybe that could help. If there are any questions she doesn't understand, she'll let Artemis handle them... Her starter can tell best, how cool her trainer is...^^

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri May 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Sam pauses as the feeling of another mindÔÇÖs confusion washer over her consciousness, ÔÇÿBecause you are a Wild Pok├®mon.ÔÇÖ The Trainer pauses then, a slight frown playing on her lips, ÔÇÿIÔÇÖm not really sure why that is such a big problem, though. My big brother had told me it wasnÔÇÖt always like that. Centres used to care for all Pok├®mon, no matter if they had Trainers or not.ÔÇÖ

Samantha moves between the tables as quickly as she can, even if the Beautifly keeps her perch, and gets any juice into a pitcher. If there is no juice, or not enough, she tries again to coax the Pok├®mon to a perch, so she can go to the kitchen and ask in there. ÔÇÿIt is much easier...if I do not have to try and explain... Try to explain what I can do.ÔÇÖ

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Fri May 31, 2013 11:53 pm

Bennet Nole

"Uhh,..Hey, Dad. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come back yesterday...We went a little out of town so I could train and feed Bulldozer without disturbing anyone since I didn't want a repeat of last night and...Ran into some tough Pokemon. I got through it fine, since everyone covered for me so well, but Valant here got...Really messed up. I didn't want to just leave him there by himself since he took that big hit for me...I'm sorry..."
Bennet will say, looking contrite.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:53 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 pm

"Aqua, lick it!" Aqua rushes over with her tongue and causes the little ice creature to spasm. "Good job!"

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Sam smiles as the Pok├®mon moves from her head and to her meal. The girlÔÇÖs back straightens, though, as she hears a voice. Then she blinks and turns to face the woman, ducking her head slightly as she starts to collect more dishes.

ÔÇÿEnjoy your meal!ÔÇÖ Hopefully youÔÇÖll be able to finishÔǪ Sam sends to the Wild, keeping that last bit of her thoughts to herself.

ÔÇ£Yes, Mrs. Olsson,ÔÇØ the girl replies, somewhat softly, ÔÇ£We met when I was returning to my room to pick up the blankets Charcoal had collected for his nest.ÔÇØ

She pauses then, a proud grin blossoming on her lips as her mind puts two and two together and finally figures it's somewhere between three and five, ÔÇ£You havenÔÇÖt met him yet! He just Hatched last night!ÔÇØ
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Rae

Her heartbeat gets an even faster speed, when she looks straight into the eyes of the newly-evolved Ivysaur... And it only had time to get slightly slower, rushing upwards again, when the rumbling turns up again. Then the pokemon go back to their business, which eases Rae up a little bit... When the female Bulbasaur approaches her (and the treats), she offers her a smile.

"Hey... Nice to meet you,"
she says again and carefully raises a hand. She doesn't touch the bulbasaur just so soon, knowing she wouldn't like that, too... Instead she first holds her hand in front of it's face to give it time to take her smell... Knowing that many pokemon were stronger on other senses than eyes. Also, it will show the pokemon, that her hand isn't an immediate threat.

"You seem to really like it. I am doing my best to offer my pokemon-partners something nice from time to time, especially when they did very good... And I think, meeting you is more than cool and important... So see it as a welcome present."

Only if the Bulbasaur shows interest she will reach out slowly, to carefully fondle it's head... She was facinatet by the skind that slowly turned over into the plant.

"In a way... I am trying to evolve, too... Or at least, trying to learn if I am comfortable how I am currently..."

While the bulbasaur feeds, Rae continues.

"In every case, we are all trying to get stronger, to... Outgrow ourselves. because of that, I became a pokemon trainer. To fight the best and learn as much as possible over pokemon. And the good thing is, whatever happens, when we are at a city, all my pokemon are treated and healed if they got hurt... And of course there is enough food."

A smile follows.

"Not to talk about the adventure..." A grin. "And the occasional sweets."

She slightly tilts her head.

"I am not going to lie to you... Sometimes it's pretty hard. Battles are like that of course and that the wild is dangerous I likely don't have to tell you... But I also can promise that we are working together as a team to help each other, whatever problems may arise. And... You probably guessed it by now... A bulbasaur, a strong grass-pokemon would fit me and my team very well. I am still learning, but I would love to have you and... or... one of your friends join my team... If you would also like to try that. It is an important decision... But I can also promise, it won't be unexciting."

Rachel winks.

"I also promise a cool name, if you like."

Then she leans back a little. "If you have still doubts... You also can ask Artemis here. She most likely has gotten a hang of how my crazy mind works right now... What kind of trainer I am."

She takes a deep breath, taking a new look at the place, were the deep growl was originating, then she carefully places an empty pokeball in front of herself.

"if you think you like the idea... You just have to touch and go inside of the ball. If not... I would be sad, of course, but won't press you."
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Bennet Nole

Bennet hesitates when asked to return his Pokemon and does so very reluctantly. After his fathers sentence, he takes a moment to compose himself.

"Dad...That just seems like how it is. I mean, I've wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer since I was little, to be friends with them just like you and Mom used to be...Beth going off to become one made me so jealous and...I was soo happy when my turn came around. Yeah, I've had some close calls but...I've also made friends with some Amazing Pokemon. And...Honestly, I'm tired of being afraid. Tired of fleeing indoors when the night comes, tired of never going far from the town. This whole island is massive and no one seems to explore it because of the Pokemon. I don't want to be cooped up within our four walls and city anymore. I want to go on adventures, meet new people, make new friends, discover new things! Make new Things! I want to build! And how can I do that and see the effects of anything I build if I don't go out there and test it? Go out there and see what there is to see and do what there is to do! And yeah, I've made mistakes, but I've survived and tried to learn why they happened so they don't happen again. I don't want to give it all up days after I've started. I've barely seen what I can be yet...So...I don't want to stop...And I'm sorry if you do want me to but...I can't."

Bennet will then wait very apprehensively for his fathers response, hoping it is a good one.

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 pm

"A low powered move that makes mons shudder at the sheer thought of being licked. Alright Aqua, lets use it's state to our advantage and scratch it!"
► Show Spoiler

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:00 pm

ÔÇ£I can show him to you when IÔÇÖm done my chores, if youÔÇÖd like, Mrs. Olsson,ÔÇØ Samantha offers, still stacking the dishes even as her chest subjects her to a stab of homesickness at the mental image of so many vibrant flowers.

ÔÇÿShe isÔǪÔÇÖ Sam agrees, her thoughts softer than before, ÔÇÿI donÔÇÖt like not telling the whole truth to her.ÔÇÖ

The girl shakes her head slightly, glancing between the carefully stacked dishes and the tables, trying to ensure she hasnÔÇÖt missed anything. ÔÇÿIÔÇÖm going to have to go soonÔǪ When youÔÇÖre done eating, you have to find a place thatÔÇÖs safe. Trainers might see a Pok├®mon as experienced as you as a challenge, or a prizeÔǪÔÇÖ

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Bennet Nole

"I...Yeah. I suppose that's the best I can hope for...Thanks for understanding Dad..." Bennet says, giving his father a hug. He will then look around. "Would it be Ok if I made something for myself to eat? Didn't grab anything at the Pokecenter. And do you think Mr. Keith would get terribly upset if I fed Bulldozer in the backyard? I would do it elsewhere, but she hates getting stared at and that's the closest enclosed place not out of town."

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Rae

Things happen so fast, that Rae has almost no time to react.

One second, she fondles the head of the little bulbasaur, the other it retreats, while she jumps back into a standing position as the Ivysaur makes known it's displeased with the decision of it's smaller companion.
Pain float through her knee and she gives the bigger pokemon an angry look.

"Hey ! What do you think you're doing ?", the girl shouts... But then calms down again, at least a little, remembering what happened the last time when she overreacted.

"Listen...", she begins with a much calmer voice, her eyes wandering betweend the small bulbasaur and the displeased Ivysaur, all the time ready to dodge out of the way... But before she can go any further, she is silenced another time, as the bigger companion of the pokemon makes itsself known...

Somehow she did feel like she was catched between the "just became 16"-Big Brother, who wants to tell his adventurous little sister what she has to do, because, well, he's adult now... And bigger than her. And she hasn't to decide that herself... And the old Grandpa, who knows he can still knock both their heads (And Raes), but has had time to get much more wise about things steps in and... Rae ries to loosen up, only slowly pointing the pok├®dex at the large new pokemon, not doing any quick moves, while scanning it... But then she breathes deeply, looking directly into the eyes of the full evolved pokemon.... At least as long as she has the feeling it doesn't see this as a provocation. She hoped she estimated the situation right.

"I am... Happy to meet you, too... Venusaur."

Rae closes her eyes for a moment. Big speeches weren't her strong point.

"I don't need to repeat what I told her." She gives a small nod at the young bulbasaur. "I am sure you heared most of it... And... I was honest. I won't push her into doing something she doesn't want to do. In... A sense, I am as young as she is herself. We are both at the beginning of our life... Annd I am sure, there is still much, much to learn. For both of us. Wisdom comes only with age, as it is said. I can just say, what my heart says... And it is... That I want to become the best pokemon trainer there ever was... Like my father before me. And while the best of course will try to prove himself against many challenges, overcome problems and... grow by his experience... The most important thing is the relationship to his pokemon. I am trying to treat all of them with respect and concern. We are not just partners... We are friends. At least I hope we are, even when of course, like with other friends, there can be missunderstandings. But it's also because of this, I would never want to rip her..."

She gives a soft smile at the little bulbasaur.

"...from her family. I ask. To eventually... Grow... Someone has to make it's own decisions and everybody has only one life... I believe it should belong to herself. And... Maybe I did a mistake here. Maybe she first should speak with you here..."

Rachel takes a strong look towards the Ivysaur.

"...to profit from your experience... As I hope she might profit from the experience of wholly different pokemon species... Of situations which she will never see, if she doesn't come with me. And I hope we others might profit from her unique point of view."

A stop. "I could now offer to battle your young friend here, to show I can protect her, to show I am strong. But what sign would I give her with that ? The first thing she would see me do is to fight with a member of her family, which is obviously important to her. That is not what I want to show her. It would make me exactly what I don't want to be, a violent human, that beats someone who didn't attack him first. No... I want her to enter my team by own will. I told her the good sides and some of the bad. Also I am sure she knows very well, that it will often give her another point of freedom than she has now. But I am sure, she has the right to make that decision. And... I am also saying, I only have good intentions. Really."

With the end of the words... Rae breathes deeply, looks at the Venusaur, does a slight bow, then looks from the Bulbasaur to the Venusaur.

"I hope... You both can see, that I am offering something for her gain, too. Not only for my own. And... If she ever expresses that she wants to leave again... As long as I am alive I will try to give her that possibility."

She looks at the small bulbasaur and smiles. "One of you evolved to night... He grew to a whole new stage of his life. But you don't always have to evolute by body to grow to such a new stage. I am only asking that you give her the possibility to choose."

With that said, Rae goes silent. If nothing different, she showed that she is willing to stand up for a pokemon and talk on it's behalf, looking someone obviously much stronger in the eyes while doing so.

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
And that's the last update that I can get up for the next two weeks. At least that I was sure I could get. There might be a few that I can get up, if I have time and internet.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 pm

"And I still have Sandy...you know the one you claim was too weak? Aqua, scratch it again."
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Bennet Nole

"Alright...I'll just have to figure something else out then." Bennet says, fixing himself some breakfast and seeing what the other kids are up to. Once he's finished, he'll start for the edge of town, heading towards the factory, but trying to stay away from where they ran into the Camerupt. Once he gets there, he will send out Bulldozer and give her the two bowls she gets, checking her over to make sure she's entirely OK.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:26 pm

ÔÇÿI canÔÇÖt stay here without doing my share of the workÔǪand I have nowhere else to go,ÔÇÖ Sam replies to the Beautifly as she picks up the first set of dishes. ÔÇÿAnd youÔÇÖre a fully grown Pok├®mon who just needed a bit of a help due to it being really chilly in this part of the worldÔÇöÔÇÖ Samantha dismisses the tales of Compline, a City cold enough to have a Gym made of Ice, as just a cruel joke on her big brotherÔÇÖs part, ÔÇÿÔÇöwhile IÔÇÖm just someone who happened to pass by and could help.ÔÇÖ

Then Samantha disappears into the Kitchen with the first batch of dishes for Mrs. Olsson, keeping her gaze on the pile of dishes and holding her breath if it begins to sway at all, then quickly ducking back out the door for the next pile. She still need to fix up the room, after all!

If the Beautifly is still there when she goes for the second load, and the Link is still between them, Sam sends a touch of her own sadness to the Wild. ÔÇÿMaybe the weather will take a turn for the better today, and youÔÇÖll have your blossoms before too long.ÔÇÖ

Even if the Wild is gone when she returns, Sam blinks suddenly, eyes going wide as she quickly selects a Pok├®Ball from her belt, nearly dropping it as she releases her Oddish.

ÔÇ£I know it's hard for you, Sprout, but is there anyway you could get some of the plants nearby to bloom? There are starving Pok├®mon in this area, because Spring is slow in coming.ÔÇØ If she's still around, Samantha will point to the Beautifly to accent her point.
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:35 am

Rae

The girl, who has watched carefully during the "discussion" of the pok├®mon (And even bit her lip, when the Ivysaur got literally "smashed away"), now gives a slight bow to the Venusaur and winks back at it.

The gaze she gives the Bulbasaur, when it approaches her (and the ball) with the head held high, determined to it's own way shows proudness and care at the same time... Then, when the light calms down again, Rae reaches down and takes the pok├®ball up with care, as if it was a fragile egg...

Before nodding to the Venusaur, with deep respect - And sending the Bulbasaur right out again.

She crouches down and smiles at the pok├®mon-girl, again fondling her head.

"I am very happy that I could get your trust... I'll do my best to make it count."

A wink follows. "Well... I guess, you might nevertheless want to say Goodbye, little one... I want to head back to the city and get you all fed, before heading to bed..." A grin follows. "Last days where a little difficult."

Then she turns to the Venusaur. "I promise, I give my best to care for her, as she hopefully will for me."

Without returning one of the two mons (So they can start to get to know each other) Rae plans to head back to the city (and the center), to feed her mons for today, before really building up a tent and going to sleep for today... Tomorrow would be a wrong day. Her heart is high and her spirit moved... Finally, she seemed to be making some progress !
► Show Spoiler

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:56 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm

"Good job Aqua." Richard heads to the pokecenter, hopefully uninterrupted. He hands over the three mons that need to be healed and notes the time on his dex. "Hey can I get food for a couple of my mons please?" While he is waiting he carefully puts both bags down and sits down. He puts Beartrap's food dish nearby him.

Richard eyes Beartrap's ball for a few moments and decides to open up the egg bag before letting Beartrap out.
"I made things worse haven't I? I am sorry I separated you from your eggs, but my family probably won't like you staying there all day, and I do not want anything bad happen to my family or you because you deem them as dangerous to the eggs." He sighs.
"I have been keeping them safe in that bag." Richard points to the egg bag. "We need to learn how to trust each other. I can take care of them until they hatch. Hopefully by that point I have enough recourses to take care of them.

I made some very stupid mistakes. I won't repeat them, I can't afford it. I am sorry Beartrap. You deserve better..."
Richard sighs again.

"I am not sure how to ask this but...would you want to show other trainers how dangerous you are?"
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Rae

Rae joins in the conversation - As far as she is able to - And even relaxes a little from watching all around the path, but luckily, nobody stumbles over a root. When she arrives at the center, still chattering happily, the blue-haired girl suddenly goes silent, when she notices the sleeping nurse... And signals her pokemon to both go silent, too... She carefully approaches the nurse. She didn't regret to wake her up - even if she wasn't able to feed her mons, it just was unhealthy to sleep in this position - Sarah would feel pretty beaten up in the morning, so it was probably better to lighten her spirit this way. With a carefull, almost tender caress she touched the elder woman, while Artemis light was letting dancing the shadows.

"Ah... Nurse Ha.. .Sarah...? Sorry... Hey... You fell asleep, probably you should go to bed, really..."
► Show Spoiler

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Richard looks at the sandile and sees if the little bugger would let him. He checks the time every so often and pets the little croc if it lets him. He lets Beatrap eat abd when it is time he goes over to the nurse to get his mons back.
► Show Spoiler