OOC: PokTA MA

Home to all current Forum Games.
staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Re: OOC: PokTA MA

Post by staron13 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:46 am

You have the GM's blessing.
And Feytala, if you wanted to create another character I would let you.
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:I wouldn't mind if you joined in as a player in your own game :P
Ah haha?
CelineSSauve wrote:2) Sam had a few levels (can't remember how many off the top of my head).
Fixed this. Sent a proposal to the GM about which stat to drop to get her back on even footing with the rest of you. (Sam was at Lv2.)
{Of course, things also depend on if new GM is keeping the Eggs as they were or not, since Sam's had just hatched (due to the fact that she'd been a Trainer since the start of Thirteenth Month, and that is well above the max hatching days for the Pok├®mon... So I guess she got the Egg late. I blame the Fees! :roll: [Couldn't at all be the holes in my mind. :paranoia: ]}

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed May 22, 2013 10:54 am

I am currently thinking if I should give it a try, too... All in all, I don't know staron as a GM, maybe he is very cool with that in it's own way... I may continue Rae... I just need a day to think about it... And after that, make sure some things work with the new GM as they (would) have with the old.^^

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am

Ok, then Feytala sounds fair enough.

And don't worry Celine, that's one thing that I am keeping for sure, the eggs I like what you did with them :D

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am

staron13 wrote:And don't worry Celine, that's one thing that I am keeping for sure, the eggs I like what you did with them :D
Cool :)

I'll PM you quickly with Rae's links, since I don't think I included them in the first batch (for Wilds and such, like the others).

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Offer to other PCs: Pok├®Dex covers.

While I won't go to the effort of cropping out each entry you have in your Pok├®Dex and adding it to a PDF (like I just did for Samantha's 5 Scans), I am willing to make you cover pages for such a PDF (perhaps even the IC cover of your Pok├®Dex, if the GM approves).

This is the example for Samantha Blossom: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xmuB_ ... sp=sharing

I used the top, middle and bottom colours from her tokens. (Obviously, your Month and Year would be different as Sam ICly got her license on the last Month of the previous Year. With Turnover being about 20 days in addition to the 28 Days in each Month.)

For the actual Pok├®Dex, I cropped out the images of the pages from the Pok├®Dex file, saved them as individual pictures (I'm sorting them by number, so I named them "# Species", which will keep the evolutions with the 'lesser' forms), then told Adobe to put them into a PDF together. I then added the cover image as the first page (clicked on the first page, told it to insert the new page before) it.
[Of course, if you're like me before I got the ability to modify PDFs (a perk of my program of study), then you can use Cute PDF in a similar way. Name the cover page as "0" so it appears at the start, keep all the images in a folder and "reprint" to Cute PDF each time you Scan a new Pok├®mon.]

It's handy for those who can't remember what they should and should not have access to, though admittedly less so for those who RP from their phones. Unless the phones can use PDFs.
Last edited by CelineSSauve on Wed May 22, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 1:46 pm

No comprehend. At all. *dies*

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:No comprehend. At all. *dies*

Fixed link.

And it was just a suggestion. :shrug:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Question, is it just the cover? I see the cover, not the dex part though. Though..I am on phone. I still don't comprehend the cutedex thing. My mind is off or something.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Aww...I would have thought you'd play like Annie or something! :( Whatevs! It's great to have you play!

And that Pokedex Cover looks very cool! I wouldn't mind one.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah just about all of that went over my head. Something about making a separate PokeDex PDF and making covers for it? I'm not sure why we would make a PokeDex PDF when we have a section for that in our google doc sheets, though.

I'm probably just not understanding the intent? Just to look cool? :shrug:

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Donnigan wrote:Aww...I would have thought you'd play like Annie or something! :( Whatevs! It's great to have you play!

And that Pokedex Cover looks very cool! I wouldn't mind one.
Sorry. Annie is a shy little thing with a Legendary. I suspect she might someday get a bit of self-confidence, but I don't think she'd be that fun to play in the long-run. :oops:

I already have many plans for Sam. ;)

As for your Cover, complete with middle name: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xmuB_ ... sp=sharing :D
SuperVaderMan wrote:Yeah just about all of that went over my head. Something about making a separate PokeDex PDF and making covers for it? I'm not sure why we would make a PokeDex PDF when we have a section for that in our google doc sheets, though.

I'm probably just not understanding the intent? Just to look cool? :shrug:
I personally like to have a way to reference what I ICly know without having access to knowledge I would not. This way, I have a document that only includes the five entries Samantha currently has in her Pok├®Dex. I can't accidentally open any others and get OOC knowledge. (Though, I suppose, I should also add the page for her newly Scanned 'mon. :oops: So it would be 6 Scans.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 pm

...Aright I guess I'll get Richard's cover too.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:...Aright I guess I'll get Richard's cover too.
I hope that means you're sticking with Richard after all.
Here's your cover: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xmuB_ ... sp=sharing

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Maybe :shifty:

He has the manliest Pokedex cover :3

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm

It looks like a boys ball, yes... Right after Rae kicked them hard. :D Pink at the top, blue at the bottom, black in the middle... >:D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm

She better not kick Richard! Espessially after he gets medic! That goes for all of you!

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed May 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Question for the new GM: how are you dealing with Pok├®mon newly sent out? Can they not act at all until the next turn starts, or can they do thinks like try to intercept attacks directed at their Trainer or an ally?

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Answer for the old GM: It will depend on their speed and intelligence. Such as a slakoth sent out isn't doing anything the round that it's sent out. While a scyther is quite likely able to attempt to protect a trainer.

It also depends on where you send out the pokemon. I think that one speaks for itself though.

There may be a few other conditionals also, but those are for me to know and you to wonder >:D

Oh yeah I need permission/links to your characters so just PM those to me please!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 pm

They are on the first page :P

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed May 22, 2013 11:09 pm

The Links are on the the First OOC page. I would need a gmail address to give you direct access.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah... I knew that :paranoia:

I was just... Testing your memories, they're all good. Nice job passing my first test

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 am

staron13 wrote:Yeah... I knew that :paranoia:

I was just... Testing your memories, they're all good. Nice job passing my first test
I've already sent you the link to Sam-as-PC ;)

And the reply is noted to later slip from my mind completely :p

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat May 25, 2013 9:09 am

Strange question, but is there any way to give the first post here in recruitment to the new GM?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 am

Well it was done for the other pokemon game here when Burns stepped down from GMing. I'd guess just ask one of the games moderators.