RtMG:E OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: RtMG:E OOC

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 am

Some reason I keep thinking about the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" ! :P

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu May 28, 2020 11:49 am

Er...did I somehow break the game???
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm

I blame M0rt! :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 28, 2020 7:28 pm

So, fighting a mounted enemy... Should I just kick the rider, or try to drag them off the bird, do we think?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 28, 2020 8:44 pm

You're more suited to kicking than dragging, based on your statblock... or running. :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 29, 2020 1:48 am

Much more suited, yeah, but a mounted enemy is a serious threat to the slower people I'm still with, and +2str is probably the best shot we have at getting it off the bird.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 am

Can we make it through without the bird getting us? It may hesitate before going through a portal to who knows where.

I looks like Fred is the only one on the verge.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 29, 2020 2:06 am

Okay I just checked the map and now realise I'm not doing anything like getting the bird rider off its mount, for some reason I thought it was at the front of the enemy group, not standing really far back.

As for getting out, Gomz has a top sprint speed of 40' and is currently 45' away from the portal. Sluj, though, can probably carry a gnome without trouble, but I think would have to drop the corpse. Probably... Maybe? How much do a corpse and a gnome weigh? And how the heck does carry capacity work, I can never remember that. Strength info says Str * 15? Beast of Burden doubles that, so as a 14str mule Sluj can carry... 420lb? I doubt he'll be slowed down with that, actually.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 29, 2020 2:23 am

You thinking Gomz grabs the dead salamander and hops on? Depends on how Spider rules in regards to actions. It would work out best that way though since Sluj would be able to dash with both out through the portal.

If loading the body takes Gomz action and he can't mount as well it would be better for him to run for the gate where Underslem can drag him the last 5ft through. Sluj would need ton decide if it is worth dragging the body right to the portal this turn and potentially getting shot next turn or abandoning it and just dashing out.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 29, 2020 4:54 am

Each _ is 5ft, so I think most everyone is in a good position to make it out?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 29, 2020 6:47 am

Oh I completely overlooked Fred. Any room for it to grab onto the Escape Mule?
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 am

Game broke again but this time it was Roiger not me! yeah!

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:24 am

They may be a bunch of creepy homicidal kids, but I'm guessing the shock factor of having a giant, man eating arachnid flying at you at high speed and sounding like a boiler about to blow ought to make you at least blink. >:D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Statblock updated with scorpion stuff.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:24 am They may be a bunch of creepy homicidal kids, but I'm guessing the shock factor of having a giant, man eating arachnid flying at you at high speed and sounding like a boiler about to blow ought to make you at least blink. >:D
Apparently not...if your just a bunch of spirit kids...or Swedish...apparently...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:41 am

The true horror is the lack of flesh and bones...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 pm

It is just... unnatural. What kind of freaks are they!!!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Some kind of spirit manifestation I'd guess. Possibly one possessing a bunch of kids and using them like batteries/minions.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Scarecrow children.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Well... despite the loss of two forms and the children not leaving bones behind, hope you had a bit of fun with the seasonal encounter for the spooky season. They were a homebrewed monster based on a creature in a book series I'd read recently, but were pretty unwieldy to balance in practice.

You have the bones of the giant lizard that one of you can take, and then there is also that room of apes back where you started if you want to regain additional forms before venturing into other portals.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Difficult indeed! An escalating challenge rating it looks like. Gomz got a bad feeling early on. The thought of trying to take out all 13? :shudder:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Yeah, they started out with 4 HP each, but it escalated quickly from there.

You did end up with two shadowy blades, though only have one form among you that can wield them at the moment.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:49 pm

So... when a party gets a pair of magical blades and no one touches them for over a month... does that mean the campaign is dead?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Well, on the knife front at least, do we even have anyone with hands anymore? On the rest, I think we'd decided that before we went doing anything else we needed to rest and heal.
My game:

My characters:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Last time we checked, Gomz was playing white noise generator in the corner.