Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:14 am

Slem gets through the portal at top slorp.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:26 am

((Forgoing stealth to dash all out?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 am

((All out, unless that means AoO.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Slem goops it along at top speed for the portal, a few of the children looking over at him curiously, then looking around for any other gooey surprises.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:55 pm

How far are the creepy kids to the portal?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:13 pm

((20ft or so))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Okay...


<Can’t let any out! Go! I get them to tall and fuzzy. Be back soon!>
Miasma will get within 20’ of the children and let out the loudest squeal thier piggy lungs can make, and tries to distract the children from it’s siblings. They point thier snout twoards the farmer and beast, ready to run twoards them if the children get close to miasma.

(Tell me if I need to roll for anything, or if I can’t dash....not sure if distraction would cost an action or anything)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:48 pm

((Right now, they are way more interested in your siblings, you've not attacked any of them, just run around through the field. At least one of them knows of your tendency to run away, so if you're just looking to bait them into following you by squealing, I'll say make a Charisma check at disadvantage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Hmmm...I don’t think Ican attack them this round so sure.

https://poke-roller.herokuapp.com/rolls/4020]1d20 = [1] = 1 1d20 = [13] = 13 [/url] I don’t know cha for boar but Iam pretty sure 1 won’t do anything.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 pm

((Miasma has 40 ft movement, so could just make it to them if they wanted to attack, but wouldn't be able to run away to try to lead them anywhere until next turn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:47 am

Okay that’s fine. Miasma will try to attackwith a charge then.

1d20+5 = [19] = 24 4d6+3 = [5, 4, 3, 3] = 18

Woo! Also dc 13 or knocked prone.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:53 am

((Going for a injured one, or one that looks unscathed?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:29 pm

Unscratched please!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Miasma comes squealing and snorting out of the night and hammers one of the children, sending it flying through the air to crash through a few rows of stalks and fall to the dirt.

STR Save: 1D20 = [1] = 1


They certainly seem to have taken notice of Miasma now, as a few of the children giggle and lick their lips at the big pig.

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5388

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:23 am

FRED will disengage and get himself to the portal, assisting the scorpion when he gets there...

(I think I can make it back to the portal....)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:06 am

((Yeah, you're 20ft away, with 30ft movement.))

FRED takes advantage of Miasma's arrival to back away before turning and waddling for the portal, hoping through to join Slem and Gomz.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:32 pm

<<Sluj! Miasma! Come on! We need to close the portal! >>

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Is the 20' movement I have as Oblex enough to actually cross through the portal? I think the kids that downed me are still in melee, so I'd want to disengage and get through since deception or no moving would alert them for AoOs.

Well, long story short; if I can get through the portal with just movement, Disengage and get out. Otherwise, just going to have to sprint and hope the AoOs don't nuke me.
<<Coming, coming! I lose host this time, slower now.>>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:05 am

Gomz prepares to move forward to defend the door once Miasma is through.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Sluj disengages and makes it *just* barely through the portal.

Gomz prepares himself to defend the portal!
((You'd be able to ready an attack or ready a movement, but not both.))

Miasma, having arrived on scene in a dramatic fashion, has attracted the attention of most of the children though two do head for the portal, leaping through to be met with force by Gomz!
((Technically (assuming you'd readied an attack), you'd only be able to ready one attack, not your multiattack, but I'll let you choose between using both claws or using just your stinger.))

The one that Miasma knocked flying spends its turn getting back up and running back to the fight, but the other five stab at the giant boar! Dark blades flash under a chorus of giggles, as the bite deep, even through Miasma's tough hide.
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:15 pm

<closeitcloseitcloseit!>Miasma will disengage and run through the portal.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:09 pm


User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:05 am

Slem wonders if they are talking to it.

<Um...no meat hands? Lemme try.>

On its turn it will slurp over to the console and gently mash at the correct buttons with its pseudopod.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:11 am

((Since it is currently Slem's turn, and Miasma is currently still in the field, I'm assuming you hold action to close it as soon as they are through.))

Gomz snaps their claws at the two children that come bursting through the portal, catching one of them as they both swing dark blades at him.

*teehee*

The child he missed manages to land both strikes, while the one caught in his claw misses.
Miasma comes barreling through, squeezing past the crowd at the front, nearly stepping on some of their oblex formed siblings, as Slem reaches up a pseudopod to close the portal, the window to another world snapping shut on a chorus of approaching giggles, leaving only the giggling of the two who had joined you.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply