Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:38 pm

((Which is why one is eyeing you...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Sluj will also disengage and start heading for the portal.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5388

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:48 am

Fred will disengage...and head for the portal...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:30 am

Fred, Sluj and Gomz each disengage and head in the direction of the portal, while the farmer and his dog sprint for home through the field.

((Gomz, the tossing of the giggler and the attempt to spread the fire would largely just be flavor, unless you use your action to do some of that and pass on the disengage. I'm assuming the disengage is more important to you at the moment. I will say the one you dropped falls prone so will have to use its dash to get to anyone.))

"Where are you going? *teehee* Don't you want to play with us? *tee-hee*"

They scuttle through the corn, coming for the fleeing siblings.

The one FRED had slashed catches up to him and swings its dark blades at him, the second one scoring a hit.

*teehee*
Sluj is likewise pursued by the one he hit, but only gets stabbed once.

*teehee*
The three that Gomz was tangling with giggle as the scorpion runs away, and they turn their attention to FRED and Slug instead. One of them had been dropped, and had to dash to reach FRED, but the other two are able to catch up to them and they each make attacks. The one on FRED doesn't have much luck getting past his armor, but Sluj's gets some work done.

*teehee*
*teehee*
Two of the ones that were on Slem go after him, the third one giggles and orients towards Miasma.The one chasing after Miasma giggles as the boar runs away, hurling one of its dark daggers, but not pursuing further.

*teehee*


The other two catch up to Slem, first blade to fall severs Underslem's form, and it sloughs across the ground in a gelatinous goo. Their otherwise giggle demeanor is shaken a bit by realizing that you all might not be a source of flesh either...

*tee-huh*?
((I'll say you can use your reaction to Glomp if you wish, or give me a Deception check for your oblex form to see if you can pass yourself off as part of the goop.))


► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:39 am

"You not meats, not worth hunt."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:24 am

(Maybe we can ally with the creepy children and have all the meat/possessed bodies )

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:01 am

Slem just lays really still.

Just a pile of goo: 1D20 = [13] = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:18 am

One of the kids seems to notice that there is more to the goo than just goo, but doesn't seem to view it as worth their attention. The pair turn and rush to Sluj and FRED, but can't attack this turn.

((Slem could take an opportunity attack, if he wished.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am

((Nope!))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:37 am

((Well, that's what I figured, but it's his turn then!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:39 pm

((FRED could fireball one of them. Only one.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:47 pm

Slem waits until the little freaks are gone then will slurp it's way to the portal at top slurp speed.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:59 pm

((Give me a Stealth check, Slem.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:43 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:38 am

Slem heads for the portal at the top speed he can manage why staying reasonably stealthy.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:55 am

Miasma will head twords the portal after that detor.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 am

((I'm assuming taking a looping route? Or trying to draw off more kids?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:57 am

Looping route

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:39 am

Miasma rumbles through the stalks, circling around the commotion.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Sluj will continue to disengage and retreat.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:42 am

FRED disengages and heads for the portal again.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13837
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:21 am

As above, so below; Sluj disengages and retreats.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Sluj gets his scamper on as well.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Gomz books it through the portal and turns to defend it from a few feet inside. He's leaving enough room for his siblings to dart past as they come in.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:58 am

The one that peeled off from Miasma skitters through the stalks, trying to catch up to the siblings harrying FRED and Sluj.

*teehee*

FRED has four of them mobbing him now, that scurry after him as he retreats towards the portal. Three of the blades get past his armor and shield, causing excruciating pain.

*teehee*
*teehee*
*teehee*
*teehee*
The three on Sluj take their attacks as well, three blades carving into him and dropping him out of his goblin boss form! The gelatinous goo sloughs to the ground.

*teehee*
*teehee*
*teehee*
((If you'd like to try to pass yourself off as goop, give me a Deception check, otherwise you could attempt a Glomp as an oblex.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply