Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Master has been gone a long time. Far longer than they have ever been away before. Surely Master will return, Master always returns... but yet... Master has been gone so very very long...

Your resting cycle is disrupted by crashing and distant shrieks. The entire room shakes, and the sturdy metal shelf that your resting troughs are set upon sways precariously before toppling, stone and glass cracking and shattering upon the floor, dumping you unceremoniously upon the tile.

You can sense your siblings similarly picking themselves up from the floor around you, the comforting wet schlorping of ooze sliding over the bones of the last meal Master gave you...
► Show Spoiler
((How do each of you abominations of science and magic identify yourselves?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Running the Monster Gauntlet: Escape (5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:11 am

Slem extends it's senses. The master has released it? There is always good when the master comes? Where is the master? Where is the food?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 am

Sluj gathers itself, drawing on the fallen bones to gain what little nutrition it can from the scraps. Hungry. Where master? Where food? Find food?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:39 am

Blob.., ever the outsider of the group, begins to loudly and wetly shlop himself bodily towards an exit, eager to sense the sky again and dream of clouds.
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:30 am

Gomz senses something is wrong. This is not the way that the Master always awakens them. WHERE is the Master? Alarmed and confused, he quickly oozes to the nearest set of bones and begins to take form. "SSSSS. MASSSSTER? WHERE ISSS THE MASSSSTER?!"

((Testing out some ideas for your Heterodyne reboot? :D ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 am

Gomz tries to take form around some discarded bones, but it's not a complete set, and he ends up a rather silly looking malformed half of a headless chicken attached to a pig haunch.

There is a flash near the ceiling and a scream as someone falls... Master? No... not Master. It is the Underling, the one that cleans the resting troughs. Human, like Master, but younger, and not as kind and loving as Master. Why is Underling here? Has Underling brought food?

"<Forking forks!">, Underling picks himself off the ground, wincing as he brushes himself off, his hand hitting a patch of slime that transferred to his bottom when he landed.

"<OH.... FORK.>", Underling says looking around and seeing all of you. "<Heh... nice oozes, nice oozes. Um, everything's normal, we certainly aren't having portals opening up randomly, dumping all kinds of creatures into the complex... let me just go get Master, huh?>"

At least that's what Underling says to his own ears, you just pick up angry sounds followed by soothing sounds, but do pick up "Master". Where is Master? Master has never left you this long before. Maybe Underling has done something with Master?

Underling shuffles through the dimly lit room, his hands fumbling at its side, pulling up a ring of keys that he starts flipping through, hands shaking while he continues making soothing noises. Underling must have damaged itself in the fall, a drop of blood drips onto the floor.

It's been so very long since Master was here, so very long since Master brought you food...
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:41 am

Hopefully already close to underling, blob reaches out to touches him. Psedopod.... With love.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:44 am

Underling screams quite irritatingly as one of the oblex approaches.

((Roll Initiative!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:49 am

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Apparently blob is too concerned about other things...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:57 am

Slem reacts to the sound, squelching over to taste underling. Maybe Master sent underling to feed Slem? Master does love Slem most of all! Underling will feed Slem.

Slem init: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:59 am

Underling Initiative: 1D20 = [19] = 19

((Apparently fear is a good motivator!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:08 am

(( Sigh. Freakin' firewall! Gonna have to wait for later to see what Spider did there. Although from that comment, it sounds like Randy's next preferred enemy better be aberrations! :paranoia: ))

initiative: 1d20 = [3] = 3

Not having a head is confusing! No, this will never do. Gomz takes his time to see if there is a better option before glomping towards Underling. (( Forking minions! They never do anything right! :lol: ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:18 am

((You mean Randy wasn't already gearing up for fighting aberrations? :lol: What did the firewall block on you? Was it the post where Underling arrives? I put stat blocks for you all in spoilers, it could be that it doesn't like the imgur links?))

Underling 19
Slem 14
Gomz 6
Blob Bob 4
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:47 am

(( Nope. Doesn't like Imgur at all. >:? IT is a little paranoid about imaging files. Can't even read radiology disks from outside [they literally turned off everyone's dvd drive] ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:54 am

((Ah, ok. I'll keep them somewhere other than in the post maybe provide links to them on the front page? Besides your natural form everything you take on will be some sort of published monster so even if you can't access the file I post should be able to find that information online?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:50 am

(( Probably work. :shrug: Give it a try. What IT decides it's going to block is somewhat erratic. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:08 pm

((I'll include a link to the OOC I just made with statblocks on the first page, but if you need other accommodations I can post your stuff as text where needed.))

Party Statblocks
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:42 pm

(( For any changes in the future during the work day, it might not be a bad idea. At this point, it won't be too long before I'm headed home and I can look there. Sometime in the last week or so, AT&T decided that I can start looking at the forum again. :roll: ))

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Ooze flows out of her resting place and upon hearing the Underling say "Master", decides to follow the Underling. Maybe it will lead Ooze to Master...

Initiative: 1D20 = [10] = 10

((is the "toxic green" readable well, or should I pick another colour? ))
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm

((Shows up well for me, but I use the 'dark' theme forum.))

Underling 19
Slem 14
Ooze 10
Gomz 6
Blob Bob 4
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm

((Also on dark mode, so looks fine.))

Sluj reacts to the mention of Master, wiggling happily. Master will have food. But Master not here? Underling must know where Master is. Underling must know where food is. But, so hungry. Underling never nice, maybe Master decided Underling would be food? Yes, yes, Master always sends food when hungry, so Underling is food now.

Initiative: 1D20 = [12] = 12
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 am

((Light mode is a bit tough to see but I don't really need to see it. Also I think Ooze and Sluj should have had a +3 on their inits!))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:20 am

(( I'm also running dark mode. I get enough eye strain at work without adding to it. Pretty sure we all get the same bonus as we're all starting out the same. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:22 am

((Indeed they do.))

Underling 19
Sluj 15
Slem 14
Ooze 13
Gomz 6
Blob Bob 4

M0rt Oblex ??
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 am

((... Oh, right! it's the dex modifier that affects initiative. I swear I will never remember all the rolls and modifiers. I still have to look up how spell attacks work, despite only ever playing spellcasters. `>.>))
My game:

My characters: