Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:47 am

Hmm....that looks pretty interesting, actually. It still has the problem of reduced healing capabilities in comparison to Empath, but captures the life sharing sacrifice parts really well. If I wasn't already spoiled for choice on classes, I'd likely strongly consider picking that up as Danny's 5th class in Don's game.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:56 am

I think I'd still like to stick to PTA. If only because I'd have no idea how to even begin porting over Hugh. Hex maniac is a given, but at the same time doesn't go together with psychic. And then what? I'd have to completely reinvent my character...

And it's not like PTA has become unplayable. With all the homerules we got going, it's very manageable. Admittedly, they wouldn't have been required in a decent system in the first place, but they're there now so...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 am

As much as I love PTU, I think I'd prefer to stick with PTA here, too. I actually have a good build going with Mace over here that can't be replicated in PTU :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am

Oh, don't worry. This stuff is all purely hypothetical - I have no intention of trying to switch this game to PTU or anything like that.

As you say, it would be far too difficult for most characters, especially some of the NPCs. And a lot of the story mechanics are tied into PTA stuff too (Ranger, Dream Doctor, etc), so swapping to PTU would basically involve changing the game entirely. It really isn't as feasible here as it was for Don's game.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:31 am

Like I said, I got bored. Also host variant of medium would fit hugh.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 am

Psst. It was Violet that got sent out, not Henry.

Welcome back Dusk :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 am

Bleh, you and your stupid bugs with similar movesets...

Update edited :roll:

EDIT: Just remembered that the Rock Slide AC roll was actually a 6. Well done, you got lucky :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:20 pm

:cheer:

Question, did the Larvitar bother moving at all before it threw that Rock Slide? Did it use Rock Slide while it was still right next to Violet?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Yeah, it backed up a bit.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Curie earns 1006 XP.
Bill earns 2876 XP, gaining 1 level! He learns that staying power is important, gaining a point in HP!
D'Lune earns 1006 XP.
Wendy earns 2880 XP (2400 * 1.2), gaining 1 level! She also learns the importance of staying power, gaining a point in HP!
Geol earns 1006 XP, gaining 1 level! Learning about staying power is the order of the day, because he also gains a point in HP!
Bellerophon earns 2496 XP. gaining 1 level! He learns how to better weather rock attacks with a point in DEF!

And finally...

Zyphirim gains multiple scans, earning 1 level! He gains a point in STR, boosting the effectiveness of his commands and training. He also learns how to give powerful training techniques to multiple pokemon simultaneously with Squad Command!

-----

Now that that's done, I've got a question: since I just got Squad Command, could I go ahead and apply that to a couple extra pokemon? Not to gain extra XP retroactively, I just want to get the damage bonuses for the next battle.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:25 pm

So after that hit, the haunter is still only "badly injured"? Damnit, I must have been so close with that roll... :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Nioca wrote:Zyphirim than strides over the the healing machine, as Curie pulls herself out of the river and tries to wring the water out of her dress.
*Wonders what Gardevoir dresses are actually made of :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:43 am

Burns wrote:Could I at least scan the blue frillish? Or introduce Princess to it?
You only caught a glimpse of it before it broke the line and escaped into the water. And scanning it isn't really necessary - it was just a blue Frillish. Nothing special.
Also why was hobo knocked out again? You never told ys he was still injured until after he koed.
Because I didn't know he was injured until I went back through the thread to check when he last fought, and whether he was healed afterwards. He wasn't.

As I said before, it's not my job to remind you when you're hurt - you should really be keeping track of that stuff yourself.
M0rtimer wrote:So after that hit, the haunter is still only "badly injured"? Damnit, I must have been so close with that roll... :roll:
0.25% effectiveness. After defenses, the attack did pretty much nothing to it.
Nioca wrote:Now that that's done, I've got a question: since I just got Squad Command, could I go ahead and apply that to a couple extra pokemon? Not to gain extra XP retroactively, I just want to get the damage bonuses for the next battle.
Sure, that's fine. We can say you gave them a pep talk on the walk between the fights or something.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:15 am

I thought he healed from the sleep? Did he not?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:28 pm

By the way, that haunter isn't below 25% right? Because it's badly injured and it should be captured if it is by regular rules.

I'm totally not grasping at straws because I'm gonna miss out on a capture and I don't like it. :shifty:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Err, Mortimer, just a heads-up:
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures Wiki (Emphasis Mine) wrote:When using a Healing/Restoartion Item on yourself, it still takes a Trainer Action to apply the item, you may not Shift or Issue Commands, on a turn that you use a Healing/Restoration Item on yourself.
This, by the way, is why you never see me invest in Trainer Restoratives heavily in PTA.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Wow, that's... Kinda terrible. Figured no standard action and probably no shift, but no command as well? So basically, you wanna heal, sacrifice your entire turn. But healing someone else meanwhile is just a standard action..? :grumble:

In that case, I'm not healing this turn. Instead I'll...

Hmm... one option is to use sleep's embrace and heal to full health and get damage resistance for two turns. Problem there is I can't command mons properly, and risk losing a spiritomb capture.

Hm... Maybe use rest, then next turn use augur's trance AND guarantee a hit... Actually, that does seem mildly interesting...

I can stall till the end of the turn and place conditions based on what Spiritomb/haunter do Dusk?

Also does guaranteed hit do anything to the capture roll? :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:52 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I thought he healed from the sleep? Did he not?
Looking back on it, I don't think we ever actually discussed healing from sleep/rest. And there's nothing about it in the pdf's. It just never came up before now, because Poke Centers were so easy to get to.
M0rtimer wrote:By the way, that haunter isn't below 25% right? Because it's badly injured and it should be captured if it is by regular rules.
It wasn't when you made the capture attempt.
M0rtimer wrote: I can stall till the end of the turn and place conditions based on what Spiritomb/haunter do Dusk?
You can delay your 'mon's actions, but not Hugh's.
M0rtimer wrote: Also does guaranteed hit do anything to the capture roll? :shifty:
No :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 am

We did not but surely he wouldhave gotten healed even a little bit.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:33 am

Hm. Well, assuming that healing myself is a full action, I'll use rest to heal myself then force myself to wake next turn... So question: during which of these two turns won't I be able to command my mons (properly?)- When I use rest this turn or wake up next turn? Or do I get to command on both turns because I can do command-standard action standard action-command?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:14 am

Trchnically command is on the pokemon's turn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 pm

I thought we discussed the sleep, agreed it should have had some specific amount of healing I don't remember, and then never made any adjustments.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 am

I thought ithealed him compleatly because you saidhe was at full heath next time he battled.

Also: um when will you update again?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:41 am

M0rtimer wrote:Hm. Well, assuming that healing myself is a full action, I'll use rest to heal myself then force myself to wake next turn... So question: during which of these two turns won't I be able to command my mons (properly?)- When I use rest this turn or wake up next turn? Or do I get to command on both turns because I can do command-standard action standard action-command?
You can command on both turns, yes.
Arch Lich Burns wrote:I thought ithealed him compleatly because you saidhe was at full heath next time he battled.
That was just laziness on my part - I only went back and looked up his health after he get hurt.

How about this: let's just say he used Slack Off to get back to full in the morning, then sort out all the sleep-healing stuff later. So he's currently at 34/66Hp and can't use Slack Off again today.
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also: um when will you update again?
Yeeeeaaaah.....sorry about that, guys. Between exams, group projects, essays, traveling, illness, and a bunch of other stuff, I've really not been motivated to also come on here and write updates on top of everything else the last couple of weeks.

I'll try to get an update out sometime over the weekend, but even then I'm really not sure when regular updates will return :(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Modified my post to say I'm resting this round.