Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Wait you're studying programming too? Mai god. We need to exchange, like, coding tips.

I'm not sure that's a thing but still. :P

Got a few projects due of my own, but I still have a couple of weeks of non-school left for that. Exams come after that though, so I'm gonna have my own bit of downtime sooner or later... Have to program an android app with java and make a game in C#. Fun times.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Dlover wrote:Wait, you can explain why your programming will work? I thought there were only two types of coders, "My code doesn't work and I don't know why" and "My code works and I don't know why." :P
Oh I've had both of those, don't worry. Many, many times. Hell, one time even the lecturer didn't know why my code wasn't breaking horribly :lol:
Dlover wrote:I envy you for your ability to program. I've tried quite a few times, always with various guides and software, but nothing ever works, besides the basic "hello world" lesson (And it's been long enough that I don't remember that now).
As it turns out, doing a module on something really helps with the whole learning part. Three months ago I couldn't tell the difference between a float and a double. Now I've written a 1500 line chess program from scratch. And it doesn't break when you type random shit into it, either! :grin:
M0rtimer wrote:Wait you're studying programming too? Mai god. We need to exchange, like, coding tips.

I'm not sure that's a thing but still. :P
Depends - what programming have you done? I only really know C basics (that's what the chess program was written in) and some PIC programming.

And I was only doing one module on each this term, unfortunately. Next year I'm going back to the boring math modelling and circuits and other engineering stuff.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Dusk9 wrote:As it turns out, doing a module on something really helps with the whole learning part. Three months ago I couldn't tell the difference between a float and a double. Now I've written a 1500 line chess program from scratch. And it doesn't break when you type random shit into it, either! :grin:
I can imagine so. It's a bit dispiriting when you have the official C# programming guide with you and can't make a simple iterating count. It's seriously the second lesson, they literally give you the exact code you need, and I couldn't make it work. Had two other people check to see what was going wrong, used a few different coding programs, and just... Well, rather than counting to 15 or whatever, it would count to 2 then crash the entire program.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:55 pm

http://www.codecademy.com/

If you're really interested in learning coding, that is a great place to start. There's also https://www.khanacademy.org/ which offers free up-to-college-level courses in a BUNCH of disciplines- from math to history to, in fact, programming.
Depends - what programming have you done? I only really know C basics (that's what the chess program was written in) and some PIC programming.

And I was only doing one module on each this term, unfortunately. Next year I'm going back to the boring math modelling and circuits and other engineering stuff.
I've done C, C#, java, javascript, html5 (admittedly those two are more web stuff than programming), java on android, APEX, networking, databanking, programming and hosting on linux, and probably a few others I'm currently forgetting.

Hey, I'm studying to become informatician, so... :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm

...yeah, electrical engineers don't get that stuff. Unfortunately. We have PICs (i.e. microprocessors) and C. That's it.

And the C module was technically a Physics module too, so it was like 80% psychics students in those lectures.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Yeah, I figured as much when you said it was just those two modules. Still, that's nice regardless. :)

Wait... Do we have to be enemies now? I'm pretty sure that there's this thing with programming engineers and ... Every other kind of engineer being rivals and calling each other nerds, no? :P

Guess I'll keep the hate to Don's game... :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:10 pm

I wouldn't know - I don't know any other proper programmers. But seeing how electrical engineering is actually closer to programming than it is to civil or mechanical stuff, you'd think we'd be allies instead.... :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:15 pm

programming engineer: good for nothing electrical engineers, think they know what it takes to code...

electrical engineer: good for nothing programming engineers, think they know what it takes to program a killer robot...

... I have to admit, in hindsight, the second option sounds cooler. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I can design and build the robots, then you can program them to horribly murder all our enemies.

It's a match made in heaven >:D

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Why in the world did I take Kate with me in the gym rather than Percy? Looking over it, it seems that Percy would be much more helpful. Immune to ground type moves, Yawn, Metronome. A bunch of stuff.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Rock types. Probably your reasoning there.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Yeah, probably. I also never considered the possibility of a water-rock portion to the gym.

So, exp.
Rex gains 1926 EXP points, gaining a point in DEF.
Alexander gains 1605*1.2=1926 EXP points, gaining a point in SPD.
Nero gains the remaining 669 points, gaining no levels.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 pm

If hobo was still injured, why is he at full health in the previous update? Actually, thinking of this, how much is healed by resting? I can't find anything about it in the PTA books.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Wait, all our pokemon are healed up again after each battle, right?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:14 am

I forgot that Poison affects the target at the end of the round. I got confused because Weather effects do damage at the start of a round.

I was also going to complain about PTA having inconsistent rules like that, but then I noticed PTU does the same thing. What :|

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:37 pm

That's how the game works, isn't it?
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:23 pm

I'd need to check to be sure, but I'm 90% certain that weather damage hits after the turn. I'm at work right now, but get home I'll go into a desert and find out for sure.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Weather: end of turn
Posion: end of turn
Burn: end of turn
Traps: end of turn
Leech seed: end of turn

Confusion: beggining of turn
Spikes/rocks: when switched out

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 pm

So I have been bored, and started to stat as Carrie for ptu. It was...a bit hard at first but, I think I figured out what classes she would be. Aura Guardian (or Disiple)/Druid/Coach/Carrier/Brawler

The last two would probably change. I choose Druid rather than Tide Drinker is because I felt it was much more closer to nature, and the fact I did not want to step on Dlover's toes when he got Tide drinker. I chose Aura guardian/Disciple because I felt Medium did not quite fit her, and channeler was a bit more...social than Carrie would have went with if that makes sense.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 am

Eh, don't worry about stepping on my toes. After investigating PTU, Ian's not a character I would want to build. I just wouldn't be able to make it work. If you really want to see my working on that decision;
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:25 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:38 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:11 am

Having looked through the homebrew recently, there is something that may fit: Vitalist.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:41 am

Hm, I kind of expect most homebrew stuff to be horribly broken, but that's not bad, really. Small amount of healing injuries, the ability to take injuries from another to the Vitalist, Aqua Ring for a bit of healing (Though not nearly as much as I'd hope, but it does last.) It's not a perfect match, but it's pretty close.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:44 am

Lookin at some homebrew for ya.

Vitalist with the shuffling of injuries and healing hp I figured this was really close to Ian's personality.

Damn you ninjas!!! :p

Actually they have other members pointing out potential brokeness...so it is decently balanced.