Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Update!!!)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Update!!!)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Note to anyone reading this in the future: this game was originally started and GM'd by Arch Lich Burns, not me (Dusk9). I took over around page 3 of this thread, very early on in the game's lifespan, while Burns took my place as a player. So, if reading this from the start for some reason, that's why the first few pages have our positions reversed.

This also means that the rest of this post is the work of Burns, and not my writing. Hence the difference in styles :P

Aright I am bringing the old thread here.

Prologe:
After about a week or two of waiting, you hear a knock upon your door. There is a person outside with a uniform on with the letters 'GC' on it.

"Hello, I am from GenCo and I have a pokemon for a person, but I have to check if you are the correct person and I did not get the wrong adress, what is your name?"

After answering his/her name he asks another question.
ÔÇ£Alight, and what was your favourite type?"

After answering he appears to be thinking.

"And what is your least favourite type?"

After answering the third question correctly he gives out a sheet of paper to sign on.
"This is for you delivery. And thanks for being so patient about it, it takes a while before they hatch."

The man gives them a pokeball with "GC" on it, and two bumps on it like a great ball, only with different colours. These colours correspond to favourite colour, and have various shades of that colour.

To those who did not get in, retrieve a letter. Some people have a different letter though. The normal letter is as follows,
ÔÇ£I am sorry to inform you that you were not accepted to get a pokemon from GenCo this year, perhaps next year you will be lucky in your endevours and perhaps get a pokemon yourself. We appoligize that not everybody can get a pokemon like they should, but we can only give out so many around the world.ÔÇØ

And Youngester Joey and Dr. Fu Manchu get this letter.
ÔÇ£I am sorry to inform you that you were not accepted for getting a pokemon, but it seems that you thought it would be fun to joke around on our surveys, and while it was a humerous read, we cannot entrust a person with the responsibility of having a pokemon to someone who does not have that much responsibility of even completing a survey. Perhaps next year you will do better.ÔÇØ

You had your pokemon for about a week now, it has grown attached to you and likes you a bit. You have now been able to travel around for a bit and head towards the next gym or contest, or just to see pokemon around the world, and just recently decided to do so. You ran into a few pokemon in the grass and while not having a pokeball, nor a dex, you were able to defeat them and get exp from it.

After training for a while you see a person in the way. With the GC logo on his suit. ÔÇ£Come with me. With your pokemon, but asides from that alone. I need to talk to you.ÔÇØ

You hesitate for a while and want to run.
ÔÇ£Come with me now, I have important things to discuss about the contract you have set up with us.ÔÇØ
You sigh as you follow him to a more secluded area.

ÔÇ£You have gained a pokemon from GenCo, and we need people to help us in our endevours. In the contract it states that we can sieze the pokemon we gave you at any time, for any reason, along with pokemon you would not have caught otherwise. This was to prevent people from mistreating their pokemon but it also seved another purpose. Also if you come with us we can accomolate you with money along with pokeballs, pokenavs, and various sortments of things. You are contractly obligated to not to say anything about this.ÔÇØ

All of you accept. Those who do not, get their pokemon removed. You see a person giving out lectures and you are put into this room.

ÔÇ£To those who have just got here, we have a task for you. We wish to gain many varities of pokemon, specifically the more rare pokemon. Here is a list of all the pokemon we do not wish for you to gather for us, but if you want one for yourself then that is fine. However if you see a pokemon that is a different colour than those that are shown, go ahead and catch them. We are currently trying to repopulate the rare pokemon in the world and also get genetic samples for ourselves. We suggest to catch any rare pokemon anyway you can, but we are in no way responsible. Those who want to train their abilities or gain new ones, there are people around that can help you in that endevour, and outside in the yard there are a lot of common pokemon that you can fight. You may now go out in the world as you please.ÔÇØ

Items: 2000 pokebucks, 5 pokeballs, pokenav, pokedex, starter pokemon at lv 8. You are near Eterna City in Sinnoh.
► Show Spoiler
---------------------
Turn 1
".....fucking bureaucrats. I knew I should have read that contract properly."

"... I had honestly expected something of this kind, though I had suspected they would at the very least have token more liberty in trying to hide what their true intentions are."
"When it comes down to it, it is blatantly obvious this deal they propose will only last up until the time it is convenient to their own affairs. Furthermore that means that no matter how much work we do that is assigned to us, in the end they will still reclaim all of them."
"Worst of all, their main focus point on trying to persuade us to accept this ridiculous deal is that they tried to make us grow accustomed to our new pokemon. Personally, I won't be forced to do this just to prolong my companionship with Mars knowing very well he'll be taken in the end, along with the others if I were to catch those due to the fact the terms and conditions state they are allowed to do so."
"It seems most likely that all they'd be willing to let us keep when that time comes, is a magikarp."

"Though I do admit that I let my emotions take the better of me due to the fact I do enjoy Mars's company. Added with the fact that I have becomen interested in trying out this trainer thing, I suppose that at this time it would be beneficial to accept their terms."
"Though I do not intend to stay under the rules as they are now."

".....dear god, do you ever shut up?"
"Too."
"Many."
"Words."
"Anyway, yeah, you're right - they're most likely gonna try some stupid bullshit once we've outlived our usefulness. Which means, as much as I hate the idea, sticking in a big group is probably our best option. Chances are they won't try to fuck us over too much if we're strong enough to resist and fight back, and we'll get stronger faster if we work together."
"So, what do I call you, wordy?"

"Hello there. Yes, I believe we will all be meeting each other often, so I suppose it's in our best interest that we become acquainted. The name's Hugh. But you may call me by my last name Maximus or Max if you so wish, since a lot of people seem to be under the impression you'd have to be an asshole to call your child Hugh."
"They're right, it's a shite name. Call me Grant."

"I agree. This sort of strong arm tactic suggests they will require more and more of us at a later date. I for one, will not allow them to take Karis so easily. However, this is not an opportune time for resistance. Grouping together would be suggested. I am Danica Trule, Junior Researcher. This Aron is Karis."

"Aaroon!"

Sticking together sounds good. I've never really travelled more than a few miles away from my house. I need someone who knows the area.

Bul-bulb

"Old-fashioned perhaps, but yes. That being said I very much doubt a company the size of this will be intimidated by the strength of our pokemon, nor do I think a revolt would help either. No, no, I will simply try to alter these events to a more favorable way. But you are right in the fact this is not yet the place or time for it."

"Two words: Risk, and Reward."
"As big as they may be, they aren't going to waste resources trying to take our Pokemon from us if the reward doesn't outweigh the risk. So, we make it clear to them that trying to mess us about will result in them losing more than they could gain. Basically, I'm not talking about a straight up revolt, but a show of strength. So we actually have something to deter them with should they decide to 'end our contracts'."

"And no, I don't have any fucking berries. You've got money, buy your own."
"In fact, since we've all got a crap-ton of cash to spend, we should go shopping first."
"Then, we go find their stupid rare Pokemon, and pummel 'em into the ground."

"I think you vastly underestimate just how valuable pokemon are, and the fact the guys pulling the strings will most likely not be the same ones that will be put up to the task of collecting them."
"That being said, it is indeed a far better sounding plan then you initially let shine through. I fear it won't work, but if it does all for the better."

If there's any chance of it working, then I'm for it.

SAUR!

Ok, ok, I'll get you your berries. Just wait a while. The shorty isn't any help, so you gotta wait.

"I agree that a shopping expedition is in order. Does anyone have an idea of where we should go after that? If not, I would suggest Route 206 and the cave system therein. I believe that area would hold plenty of pokemon for our needs. Regardless, I will need to venture to my abode to attempt to inform Father of my impending extended absence."

"I guess I can hand around with you guys. Safer to travel as a group, I suppose."

Pete the Joltik turns about on Mace's head, examining each trainer with curiosity.

"Stop for supplies and then head South? That's as good a plan as any, though I'd like to come back here eventually to see about maybe taking on the gym. Not for a while though."

Many of you have desided to venture out to route 206, around where there are rumored to be some caves. You step outside of GenCoÔÇÖs building and sees that it is a fairly large building and in the city there are a various amount of pokemon about, there are a couple Meowths hanging around garbage bins and harassing some Pidgeys, or was it the other way around? There are some pokemon following people around, but you are pretty sure they will not let you scan them very easily. You ignore them as some of you go to the mart to start to stock up on items to go out in the world.
This market has at the standard prices:
Pokeballs
Status heals
Potion
Plain mail (if no price then 200 pokebucks)
General items
You then go outside of the mart and you see a three pokemon harassing a man and that person is trying to shoo them away. You are not sure if they are wild or not Dancia Trule notices that they are Snubbuls. They get more and more aggressive to the person and the person is surrounded by the three, unable to escape.
Snubbull-It has an active, playful nature, but many small pokemon flee from itÔÇÖs large fangs. It seems sad when it accidently does so. Normal type.

Ok, Rex, ok. I'll get some. Does anybody have any Cheri Berries? Rex found some the other day, and he loves them. I haven't found anymore since, so he's been bugging me for days.
► Show Spoiler
-------------------
"Hi there, me and my friends here are just starting out on our respective Pokemon training adventures, and we're gonna need to buy a lot of supplies. Thing is, we're not exactly loaded, and it'll be a while before we're to the point where we're making a good living off of this. So, you think that maybe you could slim the price down on our stuff a bit, just this once? We'll be sure to tell everyone looking for a store how great the place in Eterna City is."

"I don't run this store and if I give you a discount then I have to give everybody here a discount and I don't want to get fired because I gave everybody a discount. And I have heard of many pokemon trainers going out to adventure and many other sad stories to try to get discounts and I can't just willingly give them out."
Sal having choosen to follow the group more out of convenece then any other real reason, looks at the Snubbulls then back at the rest of the group a slightly worried look on his face.

"Should we help him?"
"We have enough pokemon that we should easily be able to take on the snubbuls, which may result in either new pokemon or perhaps even experience for our pokemon. Go Mars. Use confusion"
"...Karis, this situation appears to have gone out of control. Please Headbutt the central Snubbbull. Taking out the leader may cause the rest to flee." Dancia then starts scanning one of the pokemon.
"Rex, use leach seed on the right hand snubble."
"Finn, take care of the one on the right. Tackle it."
"Okay Bas, let's show these guys how things are done."
"Now, Tackle the left one!"

"Pete, web up on top of that street lamp and give 'em a Screech!"
"Dennis use faint attack on the one on the left!"
Sam also starts to scan one of the pokemon

"Stop shouting, all of you. I don't care how alarmedor surprised you are, shouting won't help your pokemon to focus, and will only serve to distract them. We don't have to compete with other noise for our pokemon to hear us."
"Fuck off. You think all our Poke's have ears as huge as yours? I mean, Bas is a rock for god's sake - she doesn't even have ears!"
"The size of Finn's ears don't matter. I don't even need to speak to tell him how to act. And if you think about it, having no ears, how would shouting help? All you're doing is assuming Bas is hard of hearing or something like that, it seems like it would be rather insulting to her.

Don't worry, Finn, I like your ears."

"What's 'insulting' is assuming everything senses the world around it the same way you do. She may not have ears, but she can still 'hear' by sensing vibrations in the ground. The louder and clearer I speak, the easier it is for her seperate my commands from the background vibrations like running feet and shit. And since it's literally impossible for my voice to hurt her in any way, it all comes down to one thing: for her, the louder I shout, the better."
"<Besides perhaps the fact that if we were to all use that logic, we'd be capable of chasing away every pokemon in a one mile radius. Actually, I retract my statement. Maybe the snubull will run away from the hellish noise your making. Honestly though, whilst you make a fair point, your geodude is well capable of understanding you without causing an uproar.>"
"HEY, who are you calling an idiot?! You're the one who just mistook a Roggenrola for a Geodude! And they don't even look anything even close to similar!"
"Pardon me? I said nothing."
"That seems difficult. Mistaking a Roggenrola for a Geodude. They seem quite distinct. Why are we arguing again? Was it not about making noise, which it not helped by arguing about it?"
"Uh, guys? Snubull? And someone being attacked by them? How about we bicker tactics when someone's life isn't on the line, huh?"
"Uhh...I think I would rather go to the snubbulls. While annoying, less so than you guys. They are only harassing me because of Kitten."
"I agree with Mace. We should focus more on helping the guy being attacked by Snubbles, and less on how loudly we do it. Also, what kitten?"
"I put Kitten back into her loveball."

Pete screeches at the Snubbles and was able to get two of them, the other one was a bit out of range. The man near them is putting his hands to his ears and is shaking a bit.
Finn tries to give it a mighty blow, but misses horribly.
"Alright, you had good power behind that, but you're focusing too much on hitting it hard, and forgetting to think about being accurate. Hitting softly is better than missing hard." Ian glances around the other trainers, "Has anybody scanned one of these yet?"
"Bulb"
The bulbasaur leech seeds the 'left' snubble.
"Ron!"
Karis charges at the 'central' Snubble for a lot of damage. But even with after that attack, the Snubble is still up! Or would be if it was not still twiching from the blow. The other Snubble now have their attention on you guys and start defending themselves! The left snubble takes some damage before doing so!
The 'left' snubble attempts to grab Rex in it's migthy jaws. It grabs Rex and bites down hard. Rex squeals a bit as he takes 20 damage.
The 'right' snubble bites down on Dennis. Dennis twiches a bit after the snubble lets go. Dennis took 15damage and is flinced.
Dennis twiches on the ground a bit and starts to get upright and shakes it off.
Mars then does a confusion attack on one of the snubbles. It seems to shake it of fairly easily.
Rex is at 4/24
Dennis is at 9/24
Right Snubble is lightly injured
Center Snubble is bloodied (half health or less)
Left snubble is bloodied
-------------------
Ok, Rex, good job. Tackle the center one and get away until leach seed takes affect!
"Good work Bas, get the right one this time!"
"Nasty little fellows, aren't they? Finn, if you can get two of them next to each other near you, use sand attack on the farthest one. Other wise, back up then tackle the middle one. I suggest those of you with injured pokemon draw back a bit. We don't want them to be too badly injured.
Sir, I must apologise. Pokemon like these Snubble can often become violent, even by accident. As for our arguing, we've... Been under a fair bit of stress lately, and haven't had time to learn to work together yet."
He starts scanning pokemon.
"This is not truly necessary, I need to remind you all. Our pokedexes will sync if given the chance. Regardless. Mars, hold back. Hit him only with a hypnosis. We do not wish to knock him out."
"Hmm...I do not believe Snubbull was on the list...However...I do not like Normal Types...It will give me a chance to test these GenCo balls...Karis, if this works, Mud Slap in such a way that the two remaining Snubbull are caught in the attack. Otherwise, do the same, but include the middle Snubbull."
Will it catch?
"Pete, keep your distance and use a String shot on that one!"
The ball shakes.
"Dennis!" Sal yells as Dennis manages to shake off the effect of the bite attack, "Just get outta there Dennis, the others have got this under control." Sal starts scanning.
It shakes again.

Pete string shots the left snubble! Which is not really much of a left snubble any more due to the fact that they are kinda meshed with the others and other pokemon...anyways...he does this.
The ball shakes again.
Bulb!
Rex runs at one of the left over snubble, because there is not one. That is because it's caught.
Rex attacks the right one for a tiny bit of damage.
Karis mudslaps a lot of people. A snubble are in melle with Rex, and one with Basalt. He is able to get both snubble, but he also hits his allies.
Rex is still standing at 1/26 hp.
Basalt is still standing at ...how does this go again? times two before or after? I think after.... 13/29 hp.
One of the snubble gets hp drained out of it and into Rex, but it holds its ground. The left over snubble bite pokemon randomly. Pete and Basalt both get bitten. They both get hit pretty hard from the pokemon. Pete has 6/26 hp left, and basalt is knocked out from the bite. Basalt is pretty lucky for all that defense for that attack look like it would have knocked out a different pokemon. And I looked it up, rock does not resist it.
Mars puts the left snubble to sleep.

Left snubble-sleeping nearly dead
Right snubble-heavily injured
Center-captured

Pete 6/26
Finn
Rex 7/26
Karis
Snubbull
Dennis 9/24 flinched (returned)
Mars
Basalt 1 ko

► Show Spoiler
----------------
afterwards. Asides the one with Pete. Who I totally did not forget the name of. Nuh uh.
"Oh...good the yelling one is away, and the Snubulls are gone. Come out Kitten."
He gets out a pink ball and lets out a red cat thing. Yes. Best description.
The Kitten rubs against Jerry's legs and looks for pettings, which it gets. Kitten then bats at the spider playfully.

Ian and Dancia and others(?) rush to the pokecenter. They are greeted by a lady.
"I looks like your pokemon are hurt, let me fix that for you!~~"
She takes the pokemon and heals them with a machine thingy.
"All better! See you later! I know you will!~~ They always do. "
Ian and Dancia goes to the gym to scope it out. The sign says something about 'To live in a forest, one must Leaf." The gym itself is like a giant tree.

*Fan flare* You caught a Snubbull! Both Ian and Hugh. They are all level 10. Everybody gets 300 exp for their pokemans. (well asides the snubulls but asides the point)

Subject N1 has last chance with proud
Ian's has runaway with stotic
Hugh's has intimidate with desperate
Last edited by Dusk9 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 pm

(copy and pasting this from the other forum)

Mace Winters and Pete the Joltik

Pete scuttles back to Mace and crawls up his leg onto his head to escape the much bigger Kitten.

"Sorry about that Screech earlier," Mace admits bashfully, "I wasn't thinking that far ahead with that one. You OK?"

Mace notices Kitten and starts to take out his pokedex to register it, "I hope you don't mind if I scan Kitten real quick? Me and the others just started out on our own pokemon adventures, you know how it is. A... Purrloin, is it?"

"...Oh! I'm Mace, by the way, and this is Pete." Mace offers a handshake and a smile.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:13 pm

"I don't think Kitten would mind and she's a Skitty, not a Purlion."
"Tii!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Hugh pays no mind to the cat, only giving it a very quick scan so it's registered in his pokedex.
"It seems a few others have gone back to the pokecenter... I will do so as well. If only to heal my newly captured Snubull." Hugh says scooping up the ball.
"Please await my return. I hope Grant has cooled down by that time though I highly doubt it."

"Now what shall I name him... Mercury sounds like a good enough name I suppose."

Hugh has his pokemon healed at the pokecenter before returning in the direction of the forest.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 pm

There's no such thing as a 'quick' scan like in Don's game. You have to be there to continue scanning it, I am pretty sure.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Then he honestly doesn't care and will just let his pokedex synch up with whoever does later whilst walking. :P

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

"Thank you, Joy." Danica will say after getting her Pokemon from the Nurse.

After Journeying to the Gym, she will look around a bit. If nothing strikes her as interesting, she will enter the Gym and ask whoever is there what the protocol for making an attempt on the Gym Leader, stating that she does not wish to make a challenge at this time, but was interested in knowing the procedure.
► Show Spoiler
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Sam quickly walks to the pokecenter to heal Rex.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 pm

After Journeying to the Gym, she will look around a bit. If nothing strikes her as interesting, she will enter the Gym and ask whoever is there what the protocol for making an attempt on the Gym Leader, stating that she does not wish to make a challenge at this time, but was interested in knowing the procedure.
"Alright kid is this your first time at a gym? It seems so seein' that you have no badge. Well let me tell ya the ropes. First off league moves only in gyms. Some gym leaders are different and have different rules, but this one uses em. So no stealin, no interfearin with the battlefield asides from items sold at stores, no using unstandard moves, and no cheatin. If yer pokemon is knocked out, it stays out of the battle. You will use as many pokemon as ya wish, but some places are a bit more restrictive.

Ya can face a few trainers before facin the leader themself, but after you defeat the leader they ain't gonna fight ya.

As fer this gym leaders themselves, well they typically choose pokemon near ya level, maybe slightly higher. They may change pokemon if you go back and train for a bit or skip and go to different gyms, so don't expect facing off the same ones. The leader can use the same items as you can, but they typically go easy on beginners. Typically.

As fer the type of gym, well it should be obvious. This is a grass type gym here and if you don't know the weaknesses by this point they be fire, bug, ice. And maybe something else I have forgotten. Oh well. They like the nice dirty, rocky pokemon so beware! Ya got all that?"

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

"Thank you very much for that information." Danica says, who was recording the whole conversation. "I was aware of the type advantages of the Grass Pokemon, which means I shall probably need to collect some differing Pokemon at a later date. Is there any specific Protocol to a Challenge, or do I just appear and yell out, 'I Challenge the Gym Leader'?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm

"Ah well you have ta get to the gym leader to challenge him or her. Typically maze like stuff or puzzles. I heard the ice one is not particlary fun. You probably will be ambushed by trainers on the way there with same type as the gym."

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 pm

"That sounds Thoroughly Thrilling. Thank you for your time." Danica says as she makes to way out and meets up with the others. "If you did not know, the Gym is apparently a Grass type, and there will no doubt be some laborious puzzle between us and it's completion, not to mention a horde of trainers and the Gym leader themself. So. Does anyone have any objection to Journeying to Route 206? If we are to defeat this Gym, we will need the appropriate Pokemon. And I have also heard that in the route dwells several other Pokemon that are of a type that I desire."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Mace Winters and Pete the Joltik

Mace lowers his hand awkwardly since the man ignored it.

"Well, um... we were happy to help. Now if you'll excuse me, I think the others are leaving me behind, and I gotta hop on over to the Pokemon Center to patch Pete up. See ya around!"

Mace will finish scanning the Skitty and then stop on by the Pokemon Center to get Pete healed up. He will then find the other trainers to group up with them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Mace lowers his hand awkwardly since the man ignored it.
(Nah I just forgot.)
"Well, um... we were happy to help. Now if you'll excuse me, I think the others are leaving me behind, and I gotta hop on over to the Pokemon Center to patch Pete up. See ya around!"

Mace will finish scanning the Skitty and then stop on by the Pokemon Center to get Pete healed up. He will then find the other trainers to group up with them.
(alright I will warp you to that time period of where they are at the gym.)
Skitty
Skitty has a habit of chasing around moving objects and are fascinated by them. This pokemon is known to chase it's own tail and becoming dizzy. Normal type.

(yea still desiding on how the lay out of the pokedex should be...I think..this will do)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Sam and Rex
"Ok, Danica, what info did you get for the gym? Also, we should hook our pokedex's up too. Some of us didn't get the Snubble, and I completely forgot to scan Kitten. Did anybody remember? Route 206 sounds good, but we need to be on the lookout for berries. Rex hasn't been beaten that badly in a fight since I got him, and I feel responsible. He deserves some good berries.

Sam gets his pokedex out to hook up with the others.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:30 pm

"As I said, Primarily Grass type. There are many trainers in the gym itself which we can battle before the gym leader. The leader picks a set of pokemon close to your level before fighting you. Also, only league moves and store bought items are allowed." Danica says, hooking her dex up to the rest. "I am ready to proceed whenever the rest of you are."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:34 pm

"Yes, I figured as much. Perhaps we can find some bug types within the forest. I am uncertain where we would find fire types, however."

"That being said, whilst I may participate in the gym still, I will have to leave shortly afterwards. Depending on the results from my... Experiment afterwards, I may or may not end up regrouping at a later time."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 pm

"Anybody know where there is a volcano? There are always fire type pokemon there."

Bulbasaur!

"How did you get out?"

Bulb! Bulb!

"Fine, but if you want to stay out of the ball, then get in the backpack. You can't keep up with us, and I don't want to have to carry you all the time."

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Mace starts the process of syncing up his pokedex with the others.

"Well I could probably take on the gym, if they try to keep things at your level. I'd feel better if I had at least one more pokemon before I tried, though. We probably need the chance to work on our teamwork anyway."

After Mace finishes up the syncing process, he looks around and to the other trainers, "ready to head out whenever you guys are."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:50 pm

As you guys are traveling along the road (I hope you guys don't mind skipping traveling time), you guys can make a perception check.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Danica is specifically looking for Ponyta. Gligar, Kricketot/Kricketune, or Bronzor(That is, if she's allowed to know what area Pokemon may be in from Walking Encyclopedia. Otherwise just a Fire, Bug, or Steel Type).

Perception (1d20+2=13)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Donnigan wrote:Danica is specifically looking for Ponyta. Gligar, Kricketot/Kricketune, or Bronzor(That is, if she's allowed to know what area Pokemon may be in from Walking Encyclopedia. Otherwise just a Fire, Bug, or Steel Type).

Perception (1d20+2=13)
You don't know what is in this area, for the pokemon in this area have changes. >:D

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Having gotten Dennis healed and syncing his pokedex with the others Sal has gone on with the others

"So besides trying to find pokemon to beat the gym with where are we headed?" Sal asks as he glances around.

Perception roll: 1d20+2=11
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 pm

"I was entertaining the idea of going cave diving in the cavern system near the route. There may be additional useful Pokemon there as well." Danica mentions as they walk along.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

"Aren't caves usually full of rock and ground type Pokemon? I don't think those would help too much in a grass-based gym."

Mace's Perception roll: 1d20+0  [11,0] = (11)