Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG (A New Day)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Dusk9 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I figured he was healed after the night.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Bubbles sleep, Kalai confusion, Archimedes sleep: 1d20=2, 1d20=20, 1d20=14

While Bubbles slumbers peacefully, Kalai snaps out of his confusion, Archimedes snorting to attention himself.

"Alright Kalai- Rush through them! Start with the weakened one!"

steel wing:1d20=20, 3d8+29=45, 1d20=15, 3d8+29=37, 1d20=19, 3d8+29=41, 1d20=3, 3d8+29=42

Crit damage: 3d8+10=23

Following this, Archimedes tears through his opponents- Decimating the targets all while his wings harden with each successive strike. (+3 DEF stages!) As Hugh gives a nasty glare to the spiritomb- Paralyzing it!

glare: 1d20=10
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:49 am

Kettenstein will let out a good Rock Throw at the Solrock, trying to hurt it more.

Kettenstein Rockthrow Solrock (1d20=16, 2d8+21=27)
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:34 am

"Lee, absorb again!" Sal shouts, subconsciously crossing his fingers for luck.

absorb: 1D20 = [7] = 7
1D6+3+23 = [3]+3+23 = 29
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
As the Carbink falls from the Poiosn, Mace orders Shimmy to bury himself in the ground in preparation for his next opponent.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 am

Carrie and Ian

Ian's psychic attack does pretty good damage to the Clauncher, but not quite enough, as Carrie's ball fails to trigger. However,before they can take another shot at it, Finn and Princess move in and....well, they end up going a little overboard. Let's just say that the shrimp won't be waking up for a while - and when he does, he'll have one hell of a headache.

Exp: 330xp

Hugh

Narrowing his eyes, Hugh Glares at the Spiritomb - only to find his attack intercepted by the first of the Haunters! A quick bite from Kalai gets that one out of the way, as Archie snorts awake and slashes through the other spirits with his wings, easily knocking out the second, leaving the third badly injured, and doing minor damage to the Spiritomb itself.
And it seems it isn't too happy about being hit, as the spirit then begins to exert Pressure on the group! Not only that, but as he comes around to attack, Archie finds himself under fire from both ghosts, which lash out with Sucker Punches for 36(11) and 67(38) damage respectively!

Hugh (10), 92/116Hp

Bubbles (19), 21/84Hp, Asleep 14
Kalai (18), 52/82Hp
Callisto (16), KO
Archie (14), 12/79Hp, +2SPD, +3DEF
3 Haunter (12), 1 [KO], 2 [KO], 3 [Badly Injured, +1 All Stats]
Spiritomb (2), Slightly Injured, +1 All Stats

Mace

Shimmy prepares to hide under the ground, but before he can the Carbink, giving up on curing the poison and accepting its fate, manages to get off a Rock Throw for 34(40) damage!

Then it finally succumbs to the poison, collapsing to the ground. Out next is a little green dinosaur thing, with a pointy head.

Field: Stealth Rocks [3]

Henry (18), 31/74Hp, Recalled
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Lunatone (7), [51%], Burned, Recalled
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), KO
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), KO
Green Dino (2)

Zyph

Tracing the Kabuto's affinity for water, Curie easily outpaces the dome shelled 'mon, firing off a stream of razor sharp leaves at it. But the creature sees them coming, blasting forward and...completely whiffing it's Aqua Jet. It's still able to Endure the hit from Curie, though - even after a Stealth Rock floats in to help her out.

Field: Stealth Rocks [1]

Curie (28/14), 36/82Hp, +4SPD
Bill (22), KO
Dome Shell (22/11), +4SPD
D'Lune (16), 52/84Hp
Wendy (16), KO
Toad (15), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), KO
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Tirtouga (2), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO

Sam

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with them. They're great!
"Heh, yeah, you made some good choices."
"Come on, I'll show you where the healing machine is. You must be eager to move on."

Leading Sam over to the tunnel behind her, she shows him an alcove containing a healing machine hooked up to a basic generator. And, once his team is back in fighting shape, she directs him towards the tunnel which heads deeper into the earth, eventually reaching the underground river and Sam's next opponent.

"Hey there kid. Before you say anything, yeah, this river's gonna be our battlefield - I know, bit weird for an earth gym, but there ya go. Any questions before we start?"

Sal

Before the Cubone has a chance to finish him off, Lee sucks it dry, healing for 19 damage and knocking the Pokemon unconscious!

Sally's last 'mon is a ghostly blue golem creature.

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Caesar (12), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), 38/58Hp
Dennis (8), KO
Golem (4)
Baltoy (4), KO
Cubone (4), KO
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Kettenstein thwacks the Solrock with another rock, doing minor damage as the flames continue to burn her for 10 damage. Then the Solrock follows up with a Confusion, doing 40(30) damage and finishing the Onix off.

Field: Stealth Rocks [4]

Kettenstein (14), KO
Delcatty (12), KO
Solrock (7), Injured, Smacked Down 2
Karis (5), 81/83Hp, Returned

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:54 am

Does that mean i can has pokeball back?

Fishin for inkays

16; 81
8; 20
9; 92
5; 14
25; 78

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 am

"Finish it, Curie, finish it!" Zyphirim calls out.

Flitting around to flank the dome-shelled creature (which Zyph already scanned), her eyes glow as she once again sets on finishing her opponent with a psychic overload.

--Confusion (AC2): 12 to-hit, 45 damage special psychic

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:07 am

► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:46 am

"Hmm...That was disappointing, but a bit expected. Return! Go, Oogie! Fire Fang!" Danica commands, sending Oogie Darting out of the Ball and Biting Deep into the Solrock, Burning and Flinching it!

Oogie Fire Fang: 1D20 = [20] = 20, 3D8+26 = [6, 8, 2]+26 = 42

Oogie Fire Fang Crit: 3D8+10 = [1, 1, 5]+10 = 17 Total = 59!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:16 am

"All right, hang back all-" Hugh instructs to his pokemon as he grabs an empty pokeball.

"Let's not get too hasty and try to capture this one... Kalai, get in there and hit it with some poison fangs!" Hugh says- As the giant bug charges forward, it's fangs somehow seeping deep into the ghost, not dealing much damage but badly poisoning it- Hugh meanwhile trying to capture one of the haunter...

Poison fang: _: 1D20 = [18] = 18
2D8+31 = [5, 5]+31 = 41

Capture roll haunter: _: 1D100 = [38] = 38 I think that's enough..?

Bubbles also keeps sleeping for now: _: 1D20 = [5] = 5
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Sam thanks her for leading him to the tunnel, and the battle. He then makes his way down the tunnel, focusing on the battle ahead. He is completely unprepared for the underground river.

"Hey there kid. Before you say anything, yeah, this river's gonna be our battlefield - I know, bit weird for an earth gym, but there ya go. Any questions before we start?"

I guess it's a good way to mess up people's strategies. They can't come here with a couple of good water types and blast through the whole gym. I have two questions. 1. I have one pokemon that's really heavy, and to my knowledge doesn't know how to swim. Is she safe here, or should I keep her in her ball. 2. Is there a limit to how many pokemon I can have out at one time? I had an idea on my way down here, and I really want to try it out.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Just sittin' about waiting for fishing to happen.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 am

"Ok Lee. That's the last one, use absorb once again!" Sal orders scanning the new pokemon.

absorb: 1D20 = [16] = 16
1D6+3+23 = [6]+3+23 = 32

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:12 am

Well, Shimmy did something at least.

Out next is Violet, who starts things off by slamming a Brick Breaking fist into the little green dinosaur!

Brick Break on green dinosaur: 1D20 = [12] = 12
3D10+12+18 = [3, 9, 4]+12+18 = 46

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:46 am

Ian and Carrie

Dropping her line back into the ocean, Carrie goes back to fishing and shit. After one failed attempt, with what looks like a blue Frillish breaking free at the last second and diving back into the water, she manages to pull up another fish that neither of them recognise. At about 1m long, and with heavy rock-like plates covering its skull, it looks more like a living fossil than anything else.

Rock Plate Fish (11)

Hugh

Pulling out an empty Pokeball, Hugh tries to capture the final conscious Haunter but finds the ball just barely miss, sailing past the spirit's head as it cackles mischievously.

As Bubbles continues to sleep, and Archie follows Hugh's orders to hang back and nurse his wounds, Kalai dives in and tries to sink her fangs into the Spiritomb.....only for the Haunter to slip in between them at the last second, taking the brunt of the attack for very little effect! The ghost then follows up with a Nightshade attack which eats into Kalai for 25 damage, while the Spiritomb disappears into the shadows, reappearing behind Hugh and thwacking him in the back of the head for 44(39) damage.

Hugh (10), 53/116Hp

Bubbles (19), 21/84Hp, Asleep 12
Kalai (18), 52/82Hp
Callisto (16), KO
3 Haunter (12), 1 [KO], 2 [KO], 3 [Badly Injured, +1 All Stats]
Spiritomb (2), Slightly Injured, +1 All Stats

Mace

As she comes out of her ball, Violet gets hit by one of the annoying Stealth Rocks, losing 16hp in the process. But that doesn't stop her from slamming a fist into the Larvitar for pretty heavy damage. The little dino then tries to drop a ton of rocks on her head, but just barely misses as she dives to the side.

Field: Stealth Rocks [2]

Violet (16), 51/67Hp
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), KO
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), KO
Larvitar (2) [34%]

Zyph

The Kabuto manages to get off one last Aqua Jet, hitting Curie in the knee for 41(26) damage....but it just isn't enough. One confusion latter, and it's floating upside down the surface of the water, leg twitching sporadically as it's nervous system struggles to reboot.

"Heh, good fight, kid. You're friend, Brian, was right - you sure know what you're doing."
"Anyhow, I'm guessing you're eager to get on your way. Healing machine's just over here...."

Exp: 10790xp

Sam

"I guess it's a good way to mess up people's strategies. They can't come here with a couple of good water types and blast through the whole gym. I have two questions. 1. I have one pokemon that's really heavy, and to my knowledge doesn't know how to swim. Is she safe here, or should I keep her in her ball."
"Don't worry, the water ain't that deep. She should be fine...unless there's some kinda freak underwater tsunami or something...."
"2. Is there a limit to how many pokemon I can have out at one time? I had an idea on my way down here, and I really want to try it out."
"You mean like, two on two? Yeah, that should be fine. Truth be told, I'd kinda like the challenge - it's not often we get guys willing to try that kinda thing when we've got the home advantage."

Sal

Ambling forward, Lee once again sticks his vines into his opponent, sucking its health and healing back up to full in the process. But then the ghost flies up, hovering out of melee range and lashing out with a fist of shadows for 44(33) damage!

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Caesar (12), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), 25/58Hp
Dennis (8), KO
Golem (4), Badly Injured, ^6m
Baltoy (4), KO
Cubone (4), KO
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Flying out of his ball with fire in his eyes, Oogie chomps down on the Solrock hard, cracking it almost in half as splinters of stone rain down. Suffice to say, it doesn't get back up after that.

Next out is a Stunfisk, which barely seems to notice the Stealth Rock which smacks into it.

Oogie (20)
Kettenstein (14), KO
Delcatty (12), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Stunfisk (5), [94%]

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:03 am

"Don't worry, the water ain't that deep. She should be fine...unless there's some kinda freak underwater tsunami or something...."

Well, I promise I won't create one if you don't.
"2. Is there a limit to how many pokemon I can have out at one time? I had an idea on my way down here, and I really want to try it out."

"You mean like, two on two? Yeah, that should be fine. Truth be told, I'd kinda like the challenge - it's not often we get guys willing to try that kinda thing when we've got the home advantage."

Yeah, I'm sure. It's a lot easier to focus on just one pokemon, rather than 2 at once. Last time I tried this it went horribly, but I've grown a lot since then as a trainer, and gotten some great new pokemon.

Sam will send out Moose and Kate to start with.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Could I at least scan the blue frillish? Or introduce Princess to it?
Also why was hobo knocked out again? You never told ys he was still injured until after he koed.

Anyways, scanning the fish.
"Absorb Princess."
ac: 5; dmg: 24

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:20 pm

After just barely avoiding the rocks, Violet charges towards the Larvitar, grabs it, and throws it into the air with a Seismic Toss!

Seismic Toss on Larvitar: 1D20 = [13] = 13
(25 direct damage)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Ian stands by for this turn, waiting to see the thing's reaction.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 pm

"Alright Lee, if he wants to fly away lets stop that. Sleep powder!" With a deep breath Lee leaps up and then sends a blast of powder directed at the golett.
sleep powder: 1D20 = [19] = 19

(Next turn)
"Great job Lee! Now go ahead and use mega drain." Lee can't seem to muster the energy to properly steal the golett's energy though.

mega drain: 1D20 = [2] = 2
1D12+6+23 = [10]+6+23 = 39

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 pm

"Heh, good fight, kid. You're friend, Brian, was right - you sure know what you're doing."
"Anyhow, I'm guessing you're eager to get on your way. Healing machine's just over here...."

"It would have been a better fight if all of my pokemon had actually given it their all," Zyphirim responds, surprisingly not thrilled with the victory. "I already had to come into this without a type advantage, I don't need to add having only four competent pokemon on top of it." Zyphirim than strides over the the healing machine, as Curie pulls herself out of the river and tries to wring the water out of her dress.

Once his pokemon are healed, Zyphirim then advances to the next battle.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 am

Danica Trule

"Well, that Pokemon is basically built for taking Oogie out...Return! Go Caballerita! Twinneedle!" Danica commands, sending out her Escavalier.

Caballerita Twinneedle Stunfisk, Add 22 for ATK and STAB: 1D20 = [7] = 7, 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6, 1D20 = [16] = 16, 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8 6+8+22=36!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Bubbles sleep: _: 1D20 = [11] = 11

"Why you little... You wanna play tough huh. Stick to the plan guys, no hostile moves besides my command... Archimedes- Tear through them both."

_: 1D20 = [13] = 13
3D8+29 = [4, 4, 8]+29 = 45
1D20 = [12] = 12
3D8+29 = [7, 2, 5]+29 = 43

Following that however, Hugh realizes he's in a rather bad predicament. And soon, almost on... Intuition, finds himself drifting asleep... Resting and completely restoring his HP!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Ian and Carrie

As Carrie scans the Relicanth, it Yawns defensively, obviously expecting aggression from the trainers. And its fears are well-founded, as Princess floats in and drains some of its health for herself, doing moderate damage.

Carrie (12), Yawning
Ian (12), 111/136Hp, Yawning

Relicanth (11), Injured
Princess (5)

Hugh

As Hugh has an impromptu nap (almost completely restoring his health), and Bubbles continues his, Archie keeps up the assault by ripping through the two ghosts. The Haunter crumples and folds instantly under the attack, though the Spiritomb is more resistant and tanks the hit, taking only minor damage.

But then, just when it looks like things are winding down with the ghosts on their last legs, the Spiritomb unleashes a new trick. Something rather.....ominous.

As the shadows in the cave somehow seem to deepen even more, the unconscious bodies of the Haunter's begin to morph into....something else. In a matter of seconds the once recognizable forms are shapeless orbs of dark, ghostly energy, each one pulsing rhythmically as they channel waves of energy up the tethers and into the heart of the Spiritomb! And as it consumes what appears to be the leftover ectoplasmic remains of the three smaller ghosts, the increasingly monstrous-looking spirit begins to radiate a kind of dark aura, its vicious grin growing in size along with the rest of it's ethereal body.

Hugh (10), 111/116Hp, Resting

Bubbles (19), 21/84Hp, Asleep 10
Kalai (18), 52/82Hp
Callisto (16), KO
3 Ex-Haunter Ghost Ball Things (12), Channeling Energy
Spiritomb (4), Injured, Powering Up

Mace

Before the Larvitar can react, Violet darts in and unleashes a Seismic Toss which deals some nice damage. But despite the power behind the hit, the tanky little guy is still conscious. In a last ditch attempt to fight back, it starts to Thrash uncontrollably, but Violet has little trouble sidestepping the frantic Pokemon's random attacks.

Violet (16), 51/67Hp
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), KO
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), KO
Larvitar (2) [3%], Thrashing

Zyph

"It would have been a better fight if all of my pokemon had actually given it their all,"
"I already had to come into this without a type advantage, I don't need to add having only four competent pokemon on top of it."
"Heh, well, maybe they knew it would be a stomp and just wanted it to be a closer match. Let's be honest here, you didn't really need them much anyway."
"But that's enough blathering from me - you should get going. See you around, kid."

With his 'mons healed, Zyph sets off down the tunnels once again, on the way to the penultimate battle. Eventually, after much walking, he reaches the stony stalactite/stalagmite cavern, his eyes following the tooth-like shadows cast on the walls by the pointy rocks. Then, hearing a gruff cough behind him, he spins on his heels to find a relatively old guy sitting on what looks like a throne of stone, staring at him pointedly. Seems like he almost completely walked past the guy - though to be fair, both the chair and the man almost look like a part of the rock, so it's hardly surprising he missed them..

"'Ello there kid. How you liking the Gym so far? Not what you expected, I'll wager."

Sam

"Well, I promise I won't create one if you don't."
"Heh, deal."

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's a lot easier to focus on just one pokemon, rather than 2 at once. Last time I tried this it went horribly, but I've grown a lot since then as a trainer, and gotten some great new pokemon."
"I'm sure they'll do you proud, kid."
"Anyway, let's get this started."

As Sam releases Alexander and Draco alongside each other, his opponent sends out a sparking Stunfisk and tough-looking Tirtouga, which sit low in the water and wait for their foes to make the first move.

Alexander (13)
Draco (9)
Stunfisk (3)
Tirtouga (1)

Sal

The blast of sleeping spores from Lee catches the Golett right in the face, causing it to tumble to the ground in a sleeping heap. As it snoozes, Lee ambles over and tries to suck it dry, but fumbles at the last second - fortunately though, his mess up doesn't wake the ghost, as it continues to doze peacefully.

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Caesar (12), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), 25/58Hp
Dennis (8), KO
Golem (4), Badly Injured, Asleep 12
Baltoy (4), KO
Cubone (4), KO
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

As she comes out of her ball, Caballerita finds herself the target of a powerful electrical discharge which does 38(18) damage and Paralyzes her muscles! But she's not about to let a little static charge stop her, as she jabs her pincers into the blubbery fish and shaves off a reasonably sized chunk of its health.

Oogie (20)
Kettenstein (14), KO
Delcatty (12), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Stunfisk (5), [70%]
Caballerita (2/5), 52/70Hp, Paralyzed 7