► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG (A New Day)

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:08 am

Hugh pauses for a bit. Before eventually turning- And continuing on his way.

"We're just leaving?"

"Well... Yeah. Look, I don't like having to see this happen either... But this is nature- Should we intervene just because one of them are carnivores? And then have them starve?"

"Besides, I don't want to weaken us any further. You're already pretty injured. If we can avoid confrontation, we should probably do that..."

"Besides... I'm pretty sure at least some will escape."

"...I hope so."

Perception: 1d20=9

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:40 pm

"Nice one Lee!" As the baltoy is sent out. "Oh... Lee you can't fight that, go ahead Randy. Leap up there and hit it with a dark pulse!"

Dark pulse: 1D20 = [1] = 1
3D10+12+18 = [6, 8, 7]+12+18 = 51
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 am

Ian and Carrie

Deciding to put the fishing on hold for now, Ian packs up the equipment while Carrie gets acquainted with her newest team member. The metal deck creaks as the Gyarados, which still looks like it'll collapse at any moment, comes out - its sheer size takes up a significant portion of the deck, even though it's curled up to save space and energy.
"Okay you are the coolest thing i have ever encountered. You deserve a decent name. Wyrm."
Blinking in confusion, the serpent squints down at Carrie. It seems like whatever anger it was feeling before has ebbed away, if only because it doesn't have the strength to be aggressive anymore. After a short pause, the Gyarados grunts impassively at the humans, then curls up and goes to sleep.

"Hah! Well, I'll be damned...."
Turning around, the pair see that they have a spectator. Shaking his head in disbelief, the captain walks over, eying the Gyarados approvingly.
"You ain't bad at this fishing thing, girl. Not bad at all...."
"Anyway, I was just about to come getcha inside. It looks like this storm ain't getting better any time soon, and the last thing I want is you two getting washed overboard."

Hugh

As the Trapinch continue to chase the herbivores, Hugh opts not to get involved, slipping away before any of them can notice his presence. He doesn't stay long enough to see the outcome, but last he saw, it didn't look very good for the Phanphy and Sandshrew....

Scrambling over the soft dunes, Hugh and his 'mon entourage continue to make their way across the cavern. And eventually they manage to reach the far side, the rock wall towering above them as they approach. Glancing around, he counts three tunnels in the stone, each one as boring as the last. However, then he catches movement out of the corner of his eye. He isn't sure, but he thinks something might have just darted into one of the tunnels....

Mace

Shimmy's attempt to Paralyze the Carbink is met with failure, as it tries to tackle the bug, but also misses!

Field: Stealth Rocks [3]

Henry (18), 31/74Hp, Recalled
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Lunatone (7), [51%], Burned, Recalled
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), [62%], Poisoned
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), 44/58Hp

Zyph

Darting in once again, D'Lune crunches down on the bug with excessive force and finally takes it out. It's replacement is a big, bulky toad thing, which barely seems to notice the Stealth Rock which hits it as it comes out. Also, despite its size, it's easily fast enough to outspeed...well, everything.

Toad (30/15), Very Slightly Injured, +4SPD
D'Lune (16), 94/84Hp
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), KO
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO

Sam

Swinging around the Trapinch, Nero smacks it with a shadowy fist for moderate damage. But then it summons up a wall of rocks, which slam into the ghost for 43(36) damage and take him out of the fight!

Drilbur (15), Badly Injured, Recalled
Gligar (15), KO
Nero (14), KO
Alexander (12), 36/63Hp, Recalled
Moose (11), Recalled
Rex (9), Recalled
Cubone (4), Injured, Recalled
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), KO
Trapinch (1), Injured
Kate (1), KO

Sal

As Sal swaps to Randy, the Baltoy powers up, then fires off a beam of psychic energy. However, as the beam gets close, it seems to pick up sand from the ground below, funneling it into what is no longer a Psychic type attack, but instead Ground type! The sand slams into him with significant force, doing 49(88) damage and instantly knocking him out!

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), Recalled
Baltoy (4), ^7m
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Deciding that she probably needs more training before she'll be ready for the Gym, Danica searches for another challenge. And soon finds one, in the form of a girl just slightly older than she is, who starts things off by sending out a Delcatty.

Delcatty (12)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 am

Carrie recalls Wyrm so that he does not get hurt even worse.

"Ya think? I started fishin, what about a week ago? Wyrm is truely something unique." Carrie follows the captain inside.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:36 am

"Hm, I certainly wouldn't want to go overboard out here. It would be quite a long walk back to land." Ian heads inside with the others.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:26 am

"Keep at it, Shim, it's closer now!"

Stun Spore on Carbink again: 1D20 = [19] = 19

And indeed, the Carbink's closeness makes it a lot easier for Shimmy to aim its next packet of yellow spores!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:40 am

► Show Spoiler
"...You saw that?"

"Can't say I have..."

"Well... It's our best bet for now regardless- Keep quiet and follow me..." Hugh says- Carefully trying to follow the direction he thinks the creature went- Keeping quiet as possible, though with haste- Trying to spot the creature once more.

perception/stealth: 1d20=11, 1d20=15

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 am

"...alright, keep those fangs working, D'Lune. Bite it!" Zyphirim commands as he scans the toad

After presumably enduring a hit, D'Lune charges and continues her chomping spree, ripping into the toad with her fangs with alarming force. "Attagirl, D'Lune!"

--Bite (AC2): CRITICAL HIT [20]! 64 damage physical dark (45 Base + 19 Crit), Flinch Inflicted, Affirmation Triggered
--Affirmation: D'Lune gains 10 Temporary HP. (Which might be useful seeing as she'll be taking a hit before her turn)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:10 am

Sam recalls Nero before his ghostly body falls to the floor. Good job. It's your turn Draco. Use Dragon Rage!

Draco will use Dragon Rage. Please roll for me, I'm at work.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 am

"Wait. What?" Sal says looking in confusion as the sand slams into Randy, "Fine then, Dennis trap him!" Sending out the Trapinch. Dennis takes a moment to look at the pokemon floating out of reach, then with a quick scoop leaps into the air to just barely throw sand high enough to bury the baltoy.

Sand tomb: 1D20 = [10] = 10
1D12+6+20 = [7]+6+20 = 33

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Danica Trule

Danica will first send out Karis and have her Use Iron Defense.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 am

Carrie and Ian

Following the captain, Ian and Carrie head back into the bowls of the ship to wait out the storm. As the old sailor had predicted, conditions soon worsen, the waves doubling in height as rainy-hail lashes the ship with a vengeance. And they don't improve much as the day goes on either, forcing the pair hang out in their cabin the entire time, only coming out for the occasional meal. Though they no doubt find some way to entertain themselves during the long, lonely hours :roll:

Fortunately, things are a bit better the next day. Having once again fallen asleep to the heavy rolling of the boat in the rough ocean, it's a bit weird to wake up feeling as if they're gliding along on smooth ice or something. Looking out of the window, they see that the ocean has calmed down considerably overnight - the dark clouds have vanished, revealing bright, unobstructed sunlight, while the water itself is as smooth and serene as a lake, with only the barest hint of a wave here or there.

Heading out onto the main deck, they soon find the Captain standing by the edge, enjoying the sunlight with a wistful smile.
"Ah, morning kids! Beautiful sight, ain't it? Nuthin' but blue skies an' blue seas, far as the eye can see......"
After a few long, drawn out seconds, Eustache shakes his head and turns away from the ocean, clapping his hands together as he addresses the two trainers.
"Anyhow, enough sightseeing for today. Back to business. That storm set us back a bit, but not by too much, luckily - we were able to pull through without any real trouble, which is a blessing. A busted engine woulda ruined us for sure. We'll be sailing into Veilstone early tomorrow morning, give or take a couple of hours. So, if you want to get some more fishing done, you'd better make the most of today, heh."

Hugh

Curious, Hugh follows the mysterious shape into the rock tunnel, moving as stealthily as possible. And he's actually pretty successful in his attempts to stay quiet, as he manages to slip inside without alerting the inhabitants.

Just inside the entrance, the tunnel widens into another cavern - though this one is significantly smaller than the other, at only around thirty meters square. And sitting in the center of the cave, on a loose, sand covered floor, are the exact Pokemon Hugh was looking for - Golett! Five of them, to be exact. It looks like they're examining something on the ground, but Hugh can't get close enough to get a clear look at what it is. Not without alerting them to his presence, of course.

Mace

The Carbink tosses another Rock, this time hitting for 34(40) damage! But then Shimmy finally manages to hit it with his spores, Paralyzing the rock and slowing it down a bit.

Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), 4/58Hp
Carbink (2/5), [52%], Poisoned, Paralyzed

Zyph

D'Lune prepares to continue her Biting spree, but it seems the toad isn't interested in letting her get close enough for that - using its insane speed to shoot across the surface of the water, it sits a safe 10m away and sets up a shield of water that soothes its wounds.

Toad (30/15), Very Slightly Injured, +4SPD, Aqua Ring
D'Lune (16), 94/84Hp
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), KO
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO

Sam

Draco's draconic rage is just strong enough to take out the Trapinch before it can fight back, much to Sally's disappointment. After weighing her options, she decides to send out the Drilbur next.

Drilbur (15), Badly Injured
Gligar (15), KO
Nero (14), KO
Moose (11), Recalled
Rex (9), Recalled
Draco (9)
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), KO
Trapinch (1), Injured
Kate (1), KO

Sal

Leaping up, Dennis tries to catch the Baltoy in a Sand Tomb....but the floating Pokemon somehow evades the attack effortlessly! In response it drops some ancient rocks from the ceiling on his head, though they only do 26(16) damage.

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), Recalled
Dennis (8), 43/59Hp
Baltoy (4), ^7m
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Sending out Karis, Danica orders her to beef up her defences. However before she can the Delcatty darts in with an aggressive Fake Out, doing a pathetically unimpressive 35(2) damage. Still, the unexpected hit causes her to Flinch, and results in no buffs this turn.

Delcatty (12)
Karis (5), 81/83Hp

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 am

"It's fuckin nice out here."

Carrie takes thecaptiqn's advice and fishes.
99;,52
81; 56
56; 75
23; 18
6; 39

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 am

LAST TURN:

As the toad (which Zyphirim scanned) darts away, D'Lune abruptly stops short on the pursuit, opting instead to focus her eyes on it. Her horn starts glowing with a dark violet energy as she starts projecting a powerful attack into the future.

--Future Sight (AC2): 20 to-hit*, 102 Damage Special Psychic. Attack hits 2 turns from now...

*Reusing the roll from last turn's bite; Since the toad acts first, she wouldn't have used Bite in the first place, since there was no way to catch up to it, and she only has the one ranged attack.

"D'Lune, good work, but I think a different feline's going to have to handle this thing." Zyphirim calls, recalling the Absol. He then turns and flings the next pokeball straight at the toad. Zyphirim doesn't give a command but, as a cream-colored javelin of claws latches onto the toad's face and momentarily knocks it completely off-balance before it can react, it quickly becomes apparent he didn't really have to. Bill could handle the mauling all by himself.

--Fake Out (AC1): 7 to-hit, 46 damage physical normal, Flinch Inflicted
--Future Sight: 102 damage special psychic in 1 turn...
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

"Ah... Found them."

"That we did! Seems they're looking at something. Hmm..."

"So... What now?"

"Hmm... We'll try the friendly approach again. If they fight back, well... The usual. Make sure at least one doesn't escape..."

Saying that, Hugh once again resorts to the tactic he had employed- And while he wasn't being as charismatic as before- Even if this time he was being (mostly) genuine- he still managed to pull of a friendly expression. Carefully stepping out of hiding, hands raised slightly to indicate he means no harm.

"Hello there! Please, don't be afraid- Me and my companion are just exploring this place."

"But I notice you seem to be examining something? Could I help? May I come closer to look?"

1d20=15

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Karis will shake the Fake Out off and Use Iron Defense again.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Draco, take it out with a Twister! Draco sends a powerful blast of air... behind him. It messes up Sam's hair, but otherwise does no damage.

Come on man, you can do it. Get your head in the game.

Accuracy=1
Power=30
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

"You got him, Shim, back off for now. Take cover over there!"

Shim mindlessly follows Mace's orders and darts off behind a huge stalagmite, covering a surprising amount of distance (16m) for having such a huge mushroom weighing him down.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:15 pm

"The serenity of the ocean is pleasant. Even in the storm, it seemed... Comforting. I'm not really sure why. Ah well. Anyway, if there's any trouble, let us know. Wasn't much we could do about the storm, but we do have a couple of tricks up our sleeves."

Ian settles down next to Carrie while she fishes, "Maybe try not to drag any demons out of the depths this time? :P "
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 am

"Sorry Ian but I must try. Because those demons are awesome."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 am

"Just so long as we can still handle them, I suppose. Don't want any trouble when we expect to get to port tomorrow."
My game:

My characters:

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:47 am

"Dang it! Dennis hide under the sand!" Sal orders Dennis to move underground, if the Baltoy moves within range Dennis will burst out and blast it with a rock slide.

Rock slide: 1D20 = [6] = 6
3D10+12+15 = [1, 9, 6]+12+15 = 43

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:29 am

Ian and Carrie

As the captain goes off to do captain stuff, Carrie sets up her rod and starts fishing, Ian settling down next to her. And, after a couple of Magikarp false alarms, she pulls up something new - a weird blue clam thing that they mistake at first glance for a Shellder, before they realise that it appears to contain a pink orb sitting on a squidgy blue bed. The strange creature seems disorientated from being pulled up, but that probably won't last too long......

Clam Thing (1)

Hugh

Since the diplomatic approach worked so well last time, Hugh attempts to try it again. As he steps out and clears his throat, the Golett quickly notice him and jump up, taking on guarded, defensive stances.

"Hello there! Please, don't be afraid- Me and my companion are just exploring this place."
"But I notice you seem to be examining something? Could I help? May I come closer to look?"

The Golett consider Hugh's words carefully, glancing at each other for support as they try to figure out how to respond. Eventually, one of them - probably the eldest, judging from its size and demeanor - steps forward and nods, gesturing at the others to step back. Moving out of the way, they give Hugh a clear look at the focus of their interest - a strange black stone, shaped vaguely like a pyramid, but worn perfectly smooth by the passage of time.

Mace

As Shimmy bravely runs away, the Carbink grumbles and focuses, trying to purge the annoying poison in its system. The Paralysis almost seems to overcome it, but then the rock pushes through, clearing out the poison completely!

Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), 4/58Hp
Carbink (2/5), [52%], Paralyzed 7
► Show Spoiler
Zyph

After D'Lune has set up the field for a future attack, Zyph swaps in Bill so he can have some fun with the toad. Not that the toad seems to enjoy it very much....

Field: Stealth Rocks [3], Future Sight [1]

Toad (30/15), Injured, +4SPD, Aqua Ring
Bill (22)
D'Lune (16), 94/84Hp, Returned
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), KO
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO
► Show Spoiler
Sam

As Draco succeeds in being useless, the Drilbur slashes into him with its metallic claws, doing 30(25) damage.

Drilbur (15), Badly Injured
Gligar (15), KO
Nero (14), KO
Moose (11), Recalled
Rex (9), Recalled
Draco (9), 32/57Hp
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), KO
Trapinch (1), Injured
Kate (1), KO

Sal

Burrowing under the ground, Dennis waits patiently for the Baltoy to move within range. And Sal's tactic works - as the Baltoy floats down and fires a Confusion through the ground, hitting Dennis for 32(22) damage, the Trapinch surges upwards and blasts the clay doll with rocks for significant damage! Sadly though it isn't quite enough, as the Baltoy then finishes off Dennis with another 34(24) damage psychic attack.

Randy (15), KO
Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8), Recalled
Dennis (8), KO
Baltoy (4), ^9m, Badly Injured
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Clearing its throat, the Delcatty starts to Sing a hauntingly beautiful tune, catching Karis off guard and sending her into a deep slumber....

Delcatty (12)
Karis (5), 81/83Hp, Asleep 14