The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:35 am

"If I see something that might help you, I will make sure to grab it. This room is a chaos of coins and stuff! I'm heading back to the fountain room, though. It's time to make some decisions!"

Agrees will head back into the fountain area and go to the emerald fountain. He will dip a cup in and get some water in it, keep the water from touching himself yet at this point if he can.
If that does not cause any strangeness, he will sniff the water and look at it closely to see anything in the water or if it moves or acts strangely.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 am

Agrees heads back to the fountain room.
(Emerald is no longer an option, please choose from the list below)

The central fountain is made of pure gold.
A sapphire fountain.
A clay fountain.
A black fountain.
A white fountain.

Forgetful grabs the carpet and though he has to dig for a bit eventually gets it free. It looks normal enough. He uses it to create a sack to carry his things in. He then looks around for anything else that could carry things. The carpet sacks seems very light despite the things he put in it.
He finds : a wooden pole attached to a silver string, the string is buried.

Questions questions the horse but it doesn't respond, it just stands there. She then begins to look for a solution to the pain on her back. She's unable to find any rope, but she does find several closed chests that might contain useful items.
platinum chest.
A chest bound in chains.
A rotten chest
A very very tiny chest.
A small statue of a figure holding a chest.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:46 am

Oops, Sorry, I meant Sapphire.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:53 am

Agrees notices that the room is quite lacking of available cups, only a few on the ledges of fountains or too close for comfort for the collector to take are left. Agrees grabs one and scoops up some of the water from the sapphire fountain. He looks at it and sniffs it. It looks as if it's trying to float out of the cup, otherwise it doesn't move. It smells like fresh air on a beautiful day.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:58 am

Cups puts on the gauntlet and sends the hand as far as he can towards the pile of gems, making sure not to fly over a fountain. He'll scoop up some coins and return.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Agrees takes a small sip of the fresh smelling water.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Cups puts on the Gauntlet which squeezes tightly down on his hand and wrist. There's a slight popping sound but he doesn't feel any pain. Cups then sends his hand over towards the treasure at the door and it goes there, very quickly. He scoops up some treasure and recalls pulls it back.
(Somehow the magic and muscles work in tandem, as controlling the hand seems natural.)

Agrees takes a drink of the water. He falls upwards and lands with a smack against the ceiling of the room, luckily it's not overly tall and doesn't hurt him. Gravity seems to have changed for him as he looks down at the fountains from a new vantage point. The blue water is still in his cup, pushing up against the bottom of the cup in his hand.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Forgetful pulls on the stick with the silver rope....
If it doesn't come free easily, he moves on, back into the fountain room..

This carpet sack feels light.... hmmm.... There are stories of flying carpets.... Now I have a house on a ring, a carpet that's unusual light, two urns (one unopened, one filled with remains of fresh water from the clay fountain). The other goblin has 7 miles boots, ... I wonder what else we could discover if we had enough time?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Forgetful tugs on the pole but it's not giving in easily, so he gives up.

He thinks about things as he comes back to the fountain room. He finds Cups playing with is new toy . He also notices that agrees somehow got onto the ceiling.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Forgetful looks at the ceiling, and shouts "Do you need help?"

He starts unpacking his things, making sure that everything is out of reach of the fountains, and unrolls the carpet, and sits on it, trying to concentrate, imagining he and the carpet start hovering.
"Sesame, open up! Wait, that doesn't make sense..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Cups flies his hand near Agrees, to see if there is a change in gravity there.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm

As forgetful sits on the carpet and focuses on it it begins to hover a few feet off the ground.

Cups flies his hand near agrees but finds that the gravity in the area doesn't change.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 pm

"I am flying, I am flying
Like a bird 'cross the sky
I am flying, passing high clouds
To be with you, to be free
"

Forgetful concentrates and tries to fly to the Goblin on the ceiling, to pull him back "down".

[edit]forgot to add the colour to the [color=] tag [/edit]
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Forgetful concentrates, and sure enough the carpet flies. He moves the carpet up near where agrees is on the ceiling, offering him a potential ride to the floor.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:56 pm

"Thanks, I'm not sure I can get down right now though, I drank a bit of water from the Sapphire fountain and now I am up here. Can you hang out here under me for a bit though, I'm worried that when the water wears off I will fall and hurt myself. Just make sure the carpet is under me and not you directly under me. I don't want to hurt you when I fall, well, If this isn't permanent."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Or . Is there a spot in the fountain room where the treasure is piled so high near the ceiling that Agrees can walk over there and when the gravity reverse wears off he will just plop right onto the very near mound of treasure?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 pm

(after clearing the way and munchers eating a bunch, the treasure comes to about 3/4 of the doorway. You're another 10 feet above that yet. The door is about 10 feet tall.)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:59 pm

He will move over that way then. Less distance to fall when it does happen.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm

"Look, here a chest bound in chains. I don't think I would like anything that's inside, so could anyone please help me get the chains off and then pile gold and other things onto it, so whatever is inside there stays inside?"
Questions
yells out to the others and once they are done with getting one of them off the ceiling and have time to aid her, tries to get the chains off the "chest bound in chains" and then immediately bury the chest in gold etc. so that whatever was locked in there doesn't come out.
She also doesn't let the other chests out of her sight for now.

(I don't want to open up all 4 chests in one post, I deem that too risky, so I'm trying to have the option of opening up more next turn, still, badge. Is that okay?)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:04 am

Forgetful flies below Agrees, in a hope that the carpet can catch him, or least dampen the fall, but it is boring to just hover there. So he's flying a bit up and down, and also trying to help Questions to get the chains off the chest, for as long as the chest stays still (if it starts to vibrate, or make noises, he's off on his carpet, towards the ceiling - afraid of being in the path when the beast gets out (if there's a beast inside)).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 am

Agrees moves over to a place where he can fall more gently, but he's happy to find that the affect does wear off after a bit. Though the affect wears off suddenly instead of gradually, and he lands roughly but unharmed on the pile of treasure.

As soon as she touches the chest wrapped in chains it begins to snarl and shake, rocking back and forth violently.

This is enough to keep forgetful away from it, who had just carried the carpet through the opening of the door, since he couldn't fly through it.

Does questions keep taking the chains off?

(Once you pick one to open, the others will be rolled again, imagine you were an epileptic and surrounded by flashing colors. There's so much treasure that you can only separate one treasure from the next in a very short time frame, besides.. There'll be more.)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 am

Glad he wasn't hurt, Agrees cautiously stands up again, glad to be right-side-up. "Sorry, but I'm not getting anywhere near that angry looking box." he states. Thinking about the fact that someone might unleash an angry monster in the room, or maybe an animated magic problem, he thinks it might be a good idea to find a weapon. So he scans the piles of treasure until he finds a small weapon that he could easily wield.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 am

Agrees isn't keen on having to fight any monsters that the group might accidently release on themselves, so he looks around for something that looks like a weapon.
He finds:
A purple wand
A golden dagger
A silver greataxe.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am

Not knowing how to use the wand, and not wanting the huge greataxe, Agrees will take the golden dagger. He will take a few random practice slashes and jabs with it, and then he will place it in his waistband.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am

Agrees picks up the golden dagger and practices with it a bit. It's slightly heavy but it seems to work well enough. As he places it into his waist band, the knife cuts easily through the belt and the edges of his clothing. The belt falls uselessly to the ground, any magic it once held now gone. The knife falls to the ground, piercing the floor, stopping at the hilt.