The Dungeon of Horror! Round 43

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 36

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Expecting his chief to receive more damage, Scoldfinger drains energy from Trapper and imediatly turns it into healing for Win. He even throws in his divine energy to maximze the effet. Win being already half dead and all oponents still alive might end up in a close encounter.

action: Drain Trapper for 1 EP
spell: Divine heal Win for max effect
Last edited by Nerre on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:49 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Win, bellows out a most offensive war cry that anyone anywhere has ever heard and keeps on attacking. (attack 2 times?)
Sorry no.. There are abilities that will be available later that allows for dual attack... but not just yet...
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:47 pm

gamecreator wrote:If such attack is not possible, he heals Win.
If Scoldfinger manages to heal Win, then Lurk will attack the archer with healing. If this is not possible too, he will attack any skeleton with healing.

Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jacior » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Brick attacks one of the skeletons and prepares to guard his chief again.

((I don't know if one of the skeletons is dead already or not. Using Take Damage on Win))

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:48 am

Jacior wrote:... prepares to guard his chief again...Using Take Damage on Win))
You maybe should condition this, as I am using diving healing this turn, which is a sure +4 hp. But on the other hand Win is already down 3 hp, so only 1 point of healing might be lost.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 pm

ROUND 37
When seeing the Ooze coming closer, Lurk slams the door, he can even hear the sound of it hitting the beast, then he runs to aid his friends.

Together 4 of the goblins attacks the Two front skeletons, using knifes and healing spells, meet by the blade from the sword wielding fiend, the fist of his companion and the arrow from the coward in the background, Brick rumps in and takes a sword for his chief, Win bellows out a war cry and attacks with all his might, Trapper cuts with his knife and Lurk use heal on the skeleton, all while Scoldfinger drains Trapper for some power, than summons extra divine energy to heal his chief! Two skeletons falls, leaving behind a sword and a small pile of gold.

INFORMATION
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by LAYF on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 37

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 am

OOC: We should try to coordinate our next moves, since we got 2 enemies: The ooze behind, the skeleton in front. If one of you three would join me against the skeleton, I would try to push it hard against the wall with the wand of pushing. This can deal 1d4 damage to the skeleton and might be good to avoid getting shot by it's arrows. If one more joins in, this might already be enough to kill it.
If Lurks helps me with a fire arrow on the skeleton archer, we should be able to kill it. Then Win, Trapper and Brick could attack the cube.

"Cube behind us! Kill it, I will try to keep the skeleton busy! Lurks, a little backup fire please!" Scoldfinger warns the others about what is creeping up on them from behind. He steps up on the skeleton, pulling out his wand of pushing and pointing it at the archer. Just when he wants to shoot, Scoldfinger uses the wand, a magic wind pushes the skeleton hard against the wall, ripping hard on it's bones and whirling around it's arrows.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 am

Win, feeling more powerful (or cocky?) than usual charges at the skeleton with the bow and attacks it.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 am

Lurk replies to Scoldfinger: "Ooze won't reach us one more turn if we will attack skeleton. We must not split."
Then he proceeds to attack said undead.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am

"I am sure it will reach us."

"Chief, no!" Scoldfinger yells when the chief runs at the skeletons, hoping the push spell might not hit him too.

OOC: Looks said attacking diagonally works, so the ooze might attack this turn, since corners are not in the way. Maybe this works only for us, but i think it should work both ways, so also for the monsters.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 am

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 am

Win hangs back for a moment hearing the words of the Teller. "You are right scoldfinger, but lurk is right, the cube will not reach us. I charge into battle not because I am a stupid Ass, but because I am an over-protective ass. I will protect all of you to the best of my ability." After these words Win will hang back until scoldfinger casts his spell so as not to get hit by it. After the spell pushes the skeleton he will move forward and attack the skeleton.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:39 am

gamecreator wrote:
► Show Spoiler
But we don't need to ALL attack the skeleton. That is like twice the damage we need to kill it. We could split and kill both, skeleton and cube this turn.

archer skeleton: 5 hp + 1 def = 6 damage requiered
frost cube: 3 def + 6 hp = 9 damage requiered

Lurks 3 dam knives
Trapper 3-4 dam arrow, 4-5 dam fire arrow
Win 4 dam knives
Scoldfinger 2 dam knives, 0-4 dam with push spell, average
Bricks 2 dam knives.

This increases with warcry for 1 dam for each of us if I understood it correctly.
So even without warcry and only using our basic attack, we end up with:

=14-15 dam. Sooo much overkill, there will be a hole in the wall behind the skeleton.
With luck and it being 15 dam, it would be enough for BOTH monsters.

New idea:
Scoldfinger + Win versus skeleton = 6 damage = dead for sure.
Lurks, Trapper +Bricks versus cube = 8-9 damage, so dead with a 50% chance

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 am

Better be safe, than sorry. And better to attack the cube together. There we will have advantage. And better not to waste resourses like free spell from a wand.

Sorry LAYF for this is not in OOC.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:38 am

OOC: If Trapper uses a fire arrow it is actually enough without any luck. It is sure!
Ok. Scrap my old move then.

InChar:
When Scoldfinger accepts the others won't do the smart move he was coming up with, he joins in the brute force move instead. He puts away his wand to save it for later, and attacks the skeleton together with them, using his knife.

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

"Bones and Ooze, not good to hit with bows or thrown knives." Trapper also moves forward to slash at the skeleton archer

Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jacior » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Brick just kind of laughs as everyone argues. "As long as we all survive, what does it matter?" He steps forward as well and readies himself to block it's final shot. Assuming it would get one that is.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:00 am

Since everybody storms at the skeleton, Scoldfinger even feels a little pity for it, before he joins them. If Bricks get shot or hurt, he will heal him instead of joining the attack with his knife.

My move:
if Brick or Win drop down to less than 2 hp below their maximum: move + heal the regarding person.
if not he joins the attack: move + attack with knife

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

Hay guyÔÇÖs.. IÔÇÖm sorry, IÔÇÖll (properly) not be able to get online more from my own computer today!
My wife got another assignment and she needs this laptop to work on it.
So sadly IÔÇÖll have to wait with my updates till tomorrow (unless she finished early). But IÔÇÖll update all my games as soon as I can, so hang in there kittens! ;)

Oh.. and IÔÇÖll properly be online by phone, so you can still ask any questions you want :)

Best regards -LAYF-
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 38

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:52 am

ROUND 38
Moving in for the final kill, furious and blood thirsty from the feeling of victory and Wins war cry, 4 of the goblins attacks the last undead together, dealing massive damage to it, but not before the monster attacks Lurk, its long bony fingers starts to glow red and he slashed, but Brick jumps in front of his pall, receiving the blow, he has never felt any monster attack like this, and the pain is extreme, but he survives, being a tough goblin as he is.

INFORMATION
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 am

"Thanks, Brick. If not for you, I would've been dead now. Not let's deal with gelatinous cube."
If someone attacks ooze, Lurk will join. Otherwise he will heal Brick and then attack ooze when it comes closer.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 am

Win will pick up the sword, equip it and turn to face the ooze. "We won; Now, for the ooze" Win says with a cruel, grim look on his face.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am

Scoldfinger picks up: 1 huge piles of gold, 5 arrows, 1bow. "Good stuff, might help if I am out of energy again."
He turns to Brick and says "Good thing you keep an eye on the others as well."

Scoldfinger drains Trapper again, so he can heal once more.
Seeing Win storming at the next enemy already, Scoldfinger will heal him.

If the cube approaches, he will walk back up on square, if the others attack and keep it where it is, he will stay.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Trapper picks up one of the gold piles before turning around to eye the approaching frost ooze, he prepares to slash it with his knife when it approaches

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:00 am

I'll update tomorrow, or when I see Jaicor has posted.....
-Best regards LAYF