Game Master

Re: OOC The Dungeon of Horror!

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Nice, thanks. :D
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Hehe, no problem.. I hope Starsword's post soon, so i can give another update today :)
I Think the game is getting under way :)
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:06 pm

How all those special stats are used? Is their use free? What limitations it has?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 pm

gamecreator wrote:How all those special stats are used? Is their use free? What limitations it has?
Not free... Each, as with MP and HP has a value, and you can only use them an amount of times equal to that value (starting at 1, and can be increesed for a XP cost of 4*the new value) any any one character can only learn 1 of these stats, using Copper scrolls of calss. Later you can find silver scrolls of class that will alow you to get 1 more stat, and there will aslo be new stats...

but to learn it the first time is free... (but consumes the scroll)

Hope that answers your question.. else please define further...
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Do you mean uses don't ever restore?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm

gamecreator wrote:Do you mean uses don't ever restore?
Oh. sorry... forgot that part...
The uses can be restored on Magic spots, or with potions of the right type...
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Hay guys. A Question.

IÔÇÖm thinking of altering the View, so that you guys have a natural view... like this:

This would off cause mean that you can also see monsters ÔÇ£around cornersÔÇØ if you have line of sight... and therefore also allow you to attack them (but they will have a cover bonus)

IÔÇÖll let you decide if you want it or not-LAYF.
Last edited by LAYF on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: OOC The Dungeon of Horror! QUESTION!!

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I think that's a great idea. But only for the unknown map right? Will what has been explored be normal?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:47 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I think that's a great idea. But only for the unknown map right? Will what has been explored be normal?
Yes offcause. what you have allready seen will not be unseen. I'll also include the view you have had from positions while moving (so if you move from A1 to A4, you'll also get the view from A2 and 3)

But You'll only see monsters that are within your current view, or the view you had while moving!
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Will there also be rolls to include the chance of the enemy spotting you along the same field of vision...this of course could be based on movement. If you are running, walking, or sneaking the enemy may have a better chance to see you if you are running vs walking or sneaking. Just trying to help you add more depth to the idea. Wouldn't be fair for us to see the monsters if they can't see us.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Will there also be rolls to include the chance of the enemy spotting you along the same field of vision...this of course could be based on movement. If you are running, walking, or sneaking the enemy may have a better chance to see you if you are running vs walking or sneaking. Just trying to help you add more depth to the idea. Wouldn't be fair for us to see the monsters if they can't see us.
Yep.. there allready are within the current field of vision... If we change how it works, that goes for the monsters two... offcause, anything else and you'd just have to stand around a corner and snipe them... thats non fun!
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

but then i suppose you would also have to include firing weapons (bows, wands) at a monster from line of sight (instead of Horizontal or Vertical) that there would also be a higher chance that you miss them. Especially the narrow slit on the right in the example above.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:but then i suppose you would also have to include firing weapons (bows, wands) at a monster from line of sight (instead of Horizontal or Vertical) that there would also be a higher chance that you miss them. Especially the narrow slit on the right in the example above.

Yep... thats what i meant by:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:-SNIP-see monsters ÔÇ£around cornersÔÇØ if you have line of sight... and therefore also allow you to attack them (but they will have a cover bonus) -SNIP-
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 am

I got a question about the class scrolls. Let's say: I get devine healing 1, which looks like it will cost 4 XP, will I have it as a one time skill? It reads not clear about this point. To me it sounds like some kind of booster people can buy and then spend, but on the other hand the XP-costs would be to expensive then. If I am wrong and we keep it, can we use it multiple times? Does it have a cooldown, does it recharge over time, or can we use it every turn?

For example:
Devine healing 1- By using a point of divine healing when casting healing spell, the character can have the spells maximum effect.
...by using a point of divine healing...
I am not sure if I only got to have 1 point and from then on can use it every turn (maybe with some cooldown?), or like I understood it , can I buy it and then only spend it once? 4 XP to make sure a healing is maxed (4 from 1d4) sounds pretty expensive.
Or does this become some kind of rechargable booster we can only charge at a magic spot? This would make them better than a one time use, but it would also make a magic spot much more valuable, since it is limited in uses. We need it to recharge, we need it to learn and so on. Or will there be more of them/stronger ones as we aquiere more option which requiere their energy for recharging?

My opinion about the natural view: That looks like pretty much work for you. I don't need it and like the style so far, since we don't have to remember the layout of the dungeon. Save yourself the time and keep it like it is. Maybe you can come up with a more simple kind of "fog of war" system, for example you could paint evey square we absolutly cannot see (not even a small bit) in grey, so we know it is out of sight. How about that? Easy and time saving, still it goes into the direction of what you wanted. And we could still see the map layout of already discovered areas.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:05 am

I already asked about divine skills a bit earlier. The answer is that it is rechargeable on magic spots with maximum amount of charges equal to skill's grade.

About view, if LAYF asks, then he surely has resources to do so. I'm for it.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 am

Nerre wrote:I got a question about the class scrolls. Let's say: I get devine healing 1, which looks like it will cost 4 XP,
What gamecreator said... besides that.. the first 1 point dont cost XP. that is gained from the scroll... but the 2nd,3rd and so one must be bought by XP :)

About the magic spots:
► Show Spoiler
EDIT: And the view thing... Its not much more work, I just use the free select tool and your square as the "eye" then everything is fine :)
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 am

Thanks, made my move.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:19 am

BadgeAddict wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Nope, not outside of combat.
Same goes for healing, disableling traps, or even surviving traps.. if done in combat, such deeds grant XP. outside they dont...
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm

the spot has two long and a short bar, so I think it has 5 charges like the last one (1 long bar = 2 uses, 1 short bar = 1 use, so 2 long +1 short = 5).

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I got a question about shadow bolt. It is ment to shoot through walls.

Now we encountered the lightning-thing, and I would like to shoot at it through the walls. But I am not sure on which field to target. Last time I tried it I did not hit, although I was sure to aim at the right field. So now my question: Do I hit when I aim at the field the monster is now, or do I have to guess where it will be (which makes the spell much less powerful)? Do the monsters move before us? After us? At the same time?

It is now on C10, with the chief going back to C12, it can only advance to D12. So which will hit? D12 or C10? I don't want to waste another 2 energy points.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 pm

It depends. I roll for what order actions heppen in.. in this case, the moster can only move AFTER chief. so you can be pretty sure its on C10-C11... the spell is more effective when others keep the monster in place, and would allow you to be far away but still support... like this:

BUT... lets say you want to target the monster on C10... if the monster moves, you miss, but if it moves into your line of sigth... say D12.... you'll offcasue change your action to shoot at D12...

so.. if you can see... you allways hit... if you cant... luck dictates if you hit....
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Can you shoot a d12 unless you are a barbarian with a greataxe? (I joke.)
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 pm

:shock: Id not like to see a barbaring shooting with his great axe :shock:
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Nerre wrote: -SNIP-
OOC: I expected something like "their attacks hits all in a square", but not that it bypasses DEF. Which, by the way, is better for us since the alaternative would have been more damage to everybody except Win, cause he has the highest DEF.
-SNIP-.
Hehe... well, I was thinking that electricity kind of bypasses most stuff when i made the monster...

BTW- do you guy's like to gain all that info... or is it anoying/game spoilerish?
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:46 pm

No, it's useful and very important.