Festival of Fools (OOC thread)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Festival of Fools (Sign Ups)

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 am

He would be a mercenary/soldier of fortune. Large, bearded, swinging a two-handed sword or an axe. Likes to drink, likes to be loud, likes fighting even more, doesn't care much about light wounds. Just like you do imagine north men - or klingons. :)
:zzz:

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 am

Heavily RP based? Well I could really use the practice...

Character Name: Vog-Sun
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Paladin
Any personality ideas: Hails from a remote mountain village and comes from a long line of barbarians. Raised by the local church and is the first paladin they've had in centuries. Wants to go out and fight evil and spread his religion but has no idea where to begin how to do it. He was mostly just kicked out the door by the church and told to 'Make [them] proud'
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Ziprath
Likes to Contribute
UStream Username: Ziprath

Post by Ziprath » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 am

Character Name: Nairah
Race: Elf
Class: Druid
Personality ideas: Nairah is a young woman who has run away from home to the big city in search of fun, friends and adventure. But she has no idea what shes gotten herself into. She gets excited very easily and tends to act before she thinks which gets her into to trouble as othen as it gets her out of it.

I love playing games that are more focused on Roleplaying than combat so I decided to throw my name into the proverbial hat.
Thank you for considering me.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 am

Have edited my post with character info.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 am

Hah, you got carried away? Aethel's background is 6 ish pages long and not finished. Lin knows the basics and that is what matters. No you do not get to know.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Yes, if I can get a slot (almost 50% chance...) I am so in. Thanks for remembering me, Lingrem! :)

But I am way too tired right now to come up with a proper character concept. I do tend towards clerics and elves. Might adjust that for this when I have a clearer head. May also look over current roster to see what might need filling in.

Basically... I suck at character creation. I suck at blank slates in general. I need something to start me off. I'll put some thought into and come back when I have something better.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm full of ideas, I am also a great sounding board :)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 am

Would you be so kind to dice, so we see who is in? I hate creating a good char without knowing he is in. It feels like creating him for the trash bin, cause i experienced much bad dice luck. Happened to me about 8 out of 10 times in the old forum.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

I will try again
Character Name: Gorrik
Race: Dwarf
Class: Druid
Any personality ideas: Gorrik is from one of the biggest dwarven cities on the continent. Born and raisedin middle class family of engineers, he was expected to carry on the tradition. And he did, but not without a twist.
The turning point of his career and life was meeting with a druid from refugee tribe that sought shelter in the city. Confronted with brutish rejection of improvements of their "temporary" encampment, based solely on their beliefs, he thought. Process of thinking took quite a long time, spend in libraries, talking, and becoming druid apprentice. Conclusion was simple. Both sides of conflict between nature and urbanisation were nuts. After anonymously writing half -lampoon, half-engineering textbook "How to Please a Druid", he left his home (seeing no change in dwarves, or druids - at least at the moment) to find less conservative groups to spread his ideas of cohabitation between city and the wild.
When it comes to buisness he is straight to the point and businesslike, and just as bullheaded as most conservative stereotypical druid, but his ideas are almost always "the golden mean", (not only about nature, but as he is good{NG}, they are more pointed in that direction).
Away from business, he enjoy good joke (though his jokes often cross the border of outright sarcasm, or even a jeer), flirt (with both males and females) and his beer, though his social skills might be sometimes... lacking.
Last edited by Alavar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 am

Character name: (unknown at the moment)
Race: Human or halfling depending on the rolls
Class: Spell thief
personality: Adventurous and thrill seeking. Looks forward to a challenge and a bit of know it all.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 am

Nerre wrote:Would you be so kind to dice, so we see who is in? I hate creating a good char without knowing he is in. It feels like creating him for the trash bin, cause i experienced much bad dice luck. Happened to me about 8 out of 10 times in the old forum.
Pardon Nerre? I'm not quite sure what you mean with "Would you be so kind to dice"? And why would you be creating a char for the trash bin? Your characters can always be used somewhere else in another game! It's not like I'm asking people to make complete character sheets - but as this is more of a story-based rp, I think it's fair that people show some ideas before I roll.

I'm only going to give this a few more days since it's already at about 50/50 chance to get in.. but I don't want to leave people out just because they haven't made it to the new forum yet, because I don't think that that's fair.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 am

*points at Aethel* he was supposed to be in theis' game. But I knew that lin was going to have a game too so I let him be. And I can implement him with other dnd thingys.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Character Name: Kenneth Locke (Kent)
Race: Human
Class: Samurai

Personality Ideas: He is polite, courteous, and friendly to folks he meets and loyal to his wealthy and benevolent Merchant liege. He has a warm countenance that is easily replaced with a stony face when evaluating danger or approaching a confrontation. His stare is not so much a threat, but a promise of recompense if the party he is addressing doesn't behave lawfully.

So Katana and wakizashi are a Bastard Sword and Short Sword respectively, Kent is a man in his late 20's. He has a wife, and fraternal twin children (1 boy, 1 girl). Kent's father talked bold of honor and protecting his family, but when a group of bandits destroyed his small village and took them all as slaves, his father visibly showed his true cowardly nature and hid behind his family. His family was saved and provided for by a prosperous merchant who took pity on them when the bandits attempted to sell his family in an underground slave market. The pious merchant has been not just his savior, but when Kent became 16 he took up serving this merchant as a loyal armed warrior. He served loyally, protecting the many stalls, markets, and travelling merchants under the employ of his merchant liege. He is by no means a grizzled veteran, but he has a very even tempered approach, only fighting by necessity and placing the lives of his charges and loved ones above his own, unlike the actions of his father. He has a small savings from his earnings from his liege, and continues to serve him. He is currently providing assistance to the festival per instruction by his liege who has sponsored half a dozen of the merchants present. He is accustomed to these duties, as his presence provides more deterrent to calm bartering arguments and the like with minimal physical confrontation.

I never play plan old fighters/martial players so if I don't use this character this time I will pocket him for future use.
I
Last edited by John on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Well, you want story, you get story. :)

Name: Thorall Gustavson
Race: human, north folks.
Size: 1,95 m
Weight: around 100

Thorall is a fierce and strong north warrior. He took part in many raids with his large bihander and brought home much honor and loot with his comrades, of whom two were his brothers. The sailed from their town to foreign coast and raided coastal towns and villages. If they were lucky, the even managed to capture ships and take them home. This is the way of the north. Thorall was the son of chief Gustav Gustavson, who was proud of his sons.
But then one raid did not went as planned. They landed again at a small fishermen village, but it seems one ruler had had enough of their raids and decided to set a mark. Once they landed, ballistas shot fiery arrows at the dragonship, nasty fire which even got stronger when the men tossed water at it. The only option for them was to abandon the ship and run into the village to take cover, ready to fight whoever was willing to challenge them. But nobody came. Instead, the village was set on fire too, to drive them out. Coughing in the smoke, and with burning eyes and lungs, they grabbed whatever fisherboats where at hand and tried to row away. But a rain of arrows and quarrels rose and killed many of the north men. The lucky ones at least got hit by a burning arrow, so they had a proper funeral - sailing away in a burning boat. Thorall, one of his brother and two other made it very far, but then they were hit. Thorall's brother saw the burning ballista quarrel coming, and pushed his brother overboard with a single word "Live!". Thorall, not a good swimmer, especially in the cold northern water, made it to a small riff far enough from to coast to be safe from drowning and being spotted. Much later, he swam to the coast, nearly drowning. He did not find other survivors, though he was sure there were some. Maybe they had been captured and taken away. He picked up whatever he could use in the burned down village, and walked away, looking for his comrades and brothers, but also for food and work. That was the beginning of his mercenary career.
He tends to be harsh and grumpy, but you can really rely on him.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

I've always always always wanted to play a forum game! and I love RP dnd.

Character Name: Jet Donath
Class: Ranger-bow based
Personality: Very young, Jet was son of an widowed-ranger father who was brutally murdered before Jet's eyes. Jet subsequently had to mature, and fast. A previously chatty child who lost his will to speak in all but the most necessary situations. So, almost completely taciturn and mute. Most assume he can't speak.

This character and his near complete muteness are somewhat based off a character in a cartoon I watched a long time ago. I've always wanted to play him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Character Name: Karvenk Drasfu
Class: Cleric
Any personality ideas: Atypical cleric type... reveres spiders, but not in the evil drow manner...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Character Name: Calendil
Race: Elf
Class: Cleric/Ranger

Personality: He's a young, naive, nature-loving elf out on his first adventure beyond his forest home. He's focused in a fight, but otherwise easily distracted by novelties, wonders, and pretty flowers. Naturally, Tydale drew him in like a fly to balsamic vinegar.
Last edited by WearsHats on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Festival of Fools (Sign Ups Closed)

Post by lingrem » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:10 pm

I've closed sign ups! I think a 1 in 3 chance is enough for people. :) Will do another post in a little bit once I've done my rolls (will edit this one is no one else posts before)

Dice Rolled! I was GOING to screencap it and explain how my numbers went... and when I went to reopen the tab to screen shot it.. I X'd out of the tab by mistake. You will just have to trust me on this!

Rolled for:

BadgeAddict
Theis
WearsHats
John
Odd

Alright Gentlemen... I know Theis is AFK nearly until Monday, but if you could at least respond to me on this thread or through pm in a day or so to let me know you're aware of this would be nice... or I will roll for someone else :P

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Festival of Fools (Chars rolled for)

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Yay! I'm in!

(Also, after poking around on various websites, I decided upon and edited in a name.)

Let's see... Gnome bard, human spellthief, elf cleric/ranger (maybe I should just go with nature cleric...), human samurai, and elf ranger.

Hmm. Not the usual balance, but not a bad mix. Should be interesting.

Can't wait to start!

ETA: Here's my character sheet!

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 am

:woot I'll get my character up tonight while I still have time
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am

:( Well, another time will be my time :)
Good luck, you all :)
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 am

Congratulations to those who are in! I look forward tp your adventures!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 am

Aw :( guess I have to use Aethel later

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 am

Here's my character thus far. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=525144
Missing equipment and some descriptive Things but that might come when I have more time
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 am

I would like to point out to everybody that m0rt is trying to push biases on you and knows nothing of any substance about this campaign or setting.

m0rt, stop trying to give spoilers that don't exist please.