Warhammer 40k RPG - Only War

Home to all current Forum Games.
CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Warhammer 40k RPG - Only War

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 am

I just found this game, I'm pretty sure it is the newest of the WH40K tabletop RPG games. You play as guardsmen. It has some interesting mechanics, like having a Comrade, which is basically a minion NPC who can help you accomplish tasks, give you bonuses, and soak a little bit of damage for you. They don't track wounds like a PC but instead they are either unharmed, injured, or dead. When they take damage, they become injured, and it takes a week to heal them back unless you have good medical skills, and if they die you have to ask for a replacement (which you might not get for a while.) The player just gives them a name and appearance and rolls for their demeanor, and gives Orders as a free action, typically things like focusing fire with you, moving into a position, and more based on your career.

Anyway, character creation is similar to Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy, though the characters are not as strong in this game and rely on working together as a squad. And you can decide what regiment your group is from as well, either picking a premade one or designing one yourself.

If anyone else has played this, what are your thoughts on it compared to Rogue Trader, Deathwatch and Dark Heresy? Anyone interested in getting a game going?

I'm looking for a starter game, I might even be willing to try my hand in running it if I can get some people interested.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Re: Warhammer 40k RPG - Only War

Post by ttwig » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 am

I would be interested in it but I do not have any of the books for warhammer roleplaying so if anyone has a link to a pd. I would appreciate it otherwise I will check with my friends.