Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:27 am

Kroshav lights up the night with a gout of flame.

DC 13 Dex Save, or Fire Breath for: 2D6 = [4, 3] = 7
, or half on a successful save.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 pm

A gout of flame lights up the creature above him briefly who is surprised but doesn't really burn all that much either.
Turn order:
Joe -27hp<------
Creature 2 -76hp
Celus -31hp
Indra -33hp
Creature 3 -7hp
Cary -29hp (PfGE)
Jaq -23hp
Jolly -15hp
Dama
Lurn -20hp
Kroshav +2hp

((Kroshav is about 100ft west from Lurn, Joe is further away but everyone will have see the fire light it up.))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 pm

(Was Joe able to see it light up? Where is Ruby distance wise to the creature?)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:53 am

((Joe saw it briefly in Kroshav's flame breath, she is about 140' away but can move into range. She'll have disadvantage on attacks as she only knows the general area she saw it in. Ruby is at least 100ft east of it and between 10 and 15' north of it, depending on where he did his acid breath from last.))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:53 am

(Joe’s range on eldrich blast is 240’)

Joehas Ruby fly to where the other creature was (not the one kroshav revealed) and have him fly in a circle, hoping he’d find one before he has to dash.


Joe eldrich blasts the one that was briefly lit up.
[1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23[1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24[1d10] = 4
[1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10[1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26[1d10] = 10

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 am

((Okay, starting at 20' up and flying up in a corkscrew after a rotation of x size or just 20' up and then progressively bigger circles? If the former, how big of circles until moving up 5' and doing another?))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Well, Ruby should be in the air still, so progressivpy bigger circles starting at 10’ and go in increments of 5’

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:07 am

((Aight))

Joe manages to hit the distant demon with one shot, the other goes wide. Ruby circles looking for the other but doesn't make contact.

Kroshav hears
► Show Spoiler
((You're out of combat, two demons and Gethren are out in the darkness now!))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Jaq will stay hidden and on watch on high alert for another good 5 minutes. Just in case.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:52 pm

((perception check for Jaq please!))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:22 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:19 pm

"Jaq? Jolly? You inviting any friends over tonight? No? Dama, Celus? Cary, Indra?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Joe will now attempt to destroy the mirror, using firebolt and Ruby's dragon breath

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:10 pm

"Alright, I vote to ban Joe from touching weird demon things. That wasn't a problem when either Jolly or I touched the thing."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm

When Jaq is done watching he quickly makes his way back into the light of the others.
"I see nothing more out there. Now we have three strong enemies lurking in the area. Maybe. Wonder how much intelligence and caring these demons have about continuing to bother us, or are they going to just flee and then find a place to hunker down and bother locals? They might be happy to just not be in hell or where ever they are from."

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:31 pm

”How was Ah suppos’d ta know tha would happ’n? Ah tri’d ta take precauti’n by havin’ Ruby on it.

If ye find anythin’ tha be simil’r to tha’ mirr’r, destroy it. Ah am nae goin’ ta chance tha again.”

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:03 am

Jaq sees and hears nothing.

Jolly and Dama come over. Jolly mutters something uncomplimentary about Joe always needing to grab magic things. Dama laughs,

"Nah Kroshav, I'll wait to have my cousin from the Abyss swing by til tomorrow. Been a busy night! You all look like you need a rest."

Celus just sits by a tent, an exhausted look on his face. Indra looks at the, once again, abandoned tents of their co-travelers and rubs her eyes.

"Who's going to get them back this time? I saw most of them run easy this time."

((Is anyone doing/saying anything about Joe's plan for the metal bit/mirror?))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:10 am

"Would they even come back when this sort of thing keeps happening? And we don't even know where two of those things went, so they wouldn't be safe here anyway."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:53 am

Indra blinks tiredly over the tents and gear left.

"All of their things? And how safe are they out on the road in the middle of the night?"

Celus just shakes his head and slouches further down and closes his eyes.

Dama gives the left items an appraising look,

"They are probably safer away from us."

She elbows Jolly gently who looks up from inspecting a burn on his hand,

"Huh? Oh, ya...safer...?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 am

"Sounds good Dama, my draconic relatives might pop in next week."

Kroshav sighs.

"I'll take some torches and go find them. I don't know if it's safer with us, but those shadow things and what's his face, Garth are still out there. Anyone want to come with?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:46 am

Jolly sees no one else is quick to volunteer and grumbles as he walks over to Kroshav to help.

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:29 am

Joe gets redfaced at both Lurn’s and Jolly’s comments. ”Do eith’r o ye know how ta cast id’ntify?”

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5400

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Cary sighs at this conversation.

"Obviously we will need track down and bring these things under control...I don't care if it is destruction or just convincing them to return to their plane of existence...but we will need to track them down..."

She looks at Kroshav "I really don't have much left in the tank to deal with these things...I'm not sure that going right out and trying to hunt them down now is really going to help...versus taking a rest and going after them in the light of day..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:58 pm

((I think Kroshav is going after the civilians rather than the demons?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 pm

"I'm talking about our travelling companions..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply