Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:28 am

Kroshav's sword 'goes out' right before the lethargy hits, so he stops for Lurn and his light to catch up.

"Oof... Fun while it lasts, but that one ends with a punch to the gut. I can hear people in trouble out there, you good to go on?"

<Yeah, I lost my light too, but Lurn, the other big guy, is with me. If you can't see, you don't have to go any further, I'm sure the whatsernames don't want to get tossed either.>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:07 am

Ealu stops and nods at Cary's recommendation, seemingly deciding this is as far as she goes.

Cary doesn't notice much beyond that.

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 414

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:13 am

”Ah got a lant’rn, can ye hold onta meh while Ah get it out? If nay tha be fine, Ah can do somethin’ else tha would work.”

If Cary will hold onto Joe, she will pull out her lantren and uses presigigitation to light it.
If Cary won’t then Joe conjures up a lit torch.

“Ah hope ye donnae mind meh askin’ but Ah notic’d ye learn’d eldrich blast. Ah learn’d it from lookin’ through anci’nt texts, where did ye learn yers from?”

1d20 = [9] = 9


(Mechanically it’s from a feat but I thougjt it would be good to have an in game reason as to how Joe learned it)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:31 am

Joe also doesn't hear anything, not even the voices they heard earlier. Must have kept running, faster than Ealu had been walking.

((Going to continue on Joe/Cary?))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13827
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:43 am

"Do you think they're in trouble? Screaming and running, sure, but that's because the camp turned into chaos, and now two glowing things are chasing them down the road. I can keep running, but they may just be running from us at this point."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:39 am

"Oh, maybe... I wouldn't want them to run from us and run into trouble... I think we keep going, and start letting them know we're friendly?"

((If Lurn's good to continue, Kroshav will bellow that it's alright, and that he's a paladin of The Five, and just wants to help.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 am

((While continuing to run after them? Give me a persuasion check with disadvantage.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:52 am

"HELLO OUT THERE! I AM KROSHAV XJINDRAAKVAR, A PALADIN OF THE FIVE! THE CAMP WAS ATTACKED, BUT MY FRIENDS FOUGHT OFF THE BAD GUYS! LURN THE CLERIC AND I ARE COMING TO HELP YOU! OH! I'M A DRAGONBORN, AND HE'S A FIRBOLG, YOU KNOW, JUST SO THAT DOESN'T STARTLE YOU WHEN WE GET TO YOU. SOME PEOPLE ARE KIND OF JUMPY AT NIGHT WHEN IT'S DARK, AND WE'RE BOTH PRETTY BIG, SO I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO THINK WE'RE SOME SORT OF MONSTERS, WE'RE BIG, BUT WE'RE FRIENDLY!"

Persuasion: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [19, 19]+5 = 24
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5382

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:35 am

Cary will help Joe get out her lamp...
“Ah hope ye donnae mind meh askin’ but Ah notic’d ye learn’d eldrich blast. Ah learn’d it from lookin’ through anci’nt texts, where did ye learn yers from?”
Cary replies, "My training school taught us how to cast that and some of the spells I know..." She replies...

Once they have the lantern lit Cary will push Ealu on..."I'm not sure if anyone besides some poor scared travelers went this way but we can see if anyone is hurt or hiding...but keep an eye out..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:41 pm

The yelling to the east stops as Kroshav let's everything within a couple miles know his and Lurn's details.

After several seconds a voice calls back,

"WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE KROSHAV, WE'VE BEEN TRAVELING TOGETHER FOR THE BETTER PART OF A WEEK. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HOBGOBLINS? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF YOUR GROUP?"

The voice doesn't sound like it's running away from you anymore. After another half a minute Lurn's light brightens the anxious faces of some of the group's fellow travelers.

In the other direction, now that Eula can see, Cary and Joe quickly run down a larger group of winded runners. They stop on seeing the pair astride the horse. One calls,

"The hobs comin'? How far back are they? Please I got a wife and kids..."

No one sees any sign of Gethren on the road in either direction.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Kroshav hollers back, "ALRIGHT, GOOD!"

"Hey! We put down the zombified hobs, and a couple of those that must of caused it. Think one got away though, but didn't want you folks wandering alone out here if they're still circling."
, he says as they approach.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:28 pm

The man that yelled back, a carpenter from Stenrek heading to Bridgeway if Kroshav remembers right (which he probably doesn't), gives a wave wiping his sweaty brow,

"Zombies? That's even worse than the regular ones. But your sure they're gone? The zombies?" After getting confirmation he will spit on the road and knuckle his forehead in a prayer to some god that likes spitting or dislikes roads. "Thought I had lost all my tools. Come on the rest of you, let's get back and see the damage."

The small group will follow Kroshav and Lurn back to camp, walking not running.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Kroshav will message Ealu, letting her know they found some of the travelers, but no bad guy, and are on their way back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5382

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Rodgeir wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:41 pm

"The hobs comin'? How far back are they? Please I got a wife and kids..."

No one sees any sign of Gethren on the road in either direction.
Cary will stop Ealu and note

"They appear to be all destroyed at the moment...last I saw, they were all down...Did someone pass you after you escaped the Hobs?"

If not...or the crowd didn't hear anything, Cary will inform them that they should start going back soon...

Cary will look down at Ealu and ask..."Did Kroshav find the bad person? Hit the ground twice with your front left hoof for yes or Two hits with your front right hoof for no..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 414

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:56 pm

”Oh? Wha’ school would tha be?”


“We are going to completly destroy the bodies when we get back. Aft’r searchin’ em o course.”

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13827
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 pm

"Zombies are a minor concern, while we're around. Even in great numbers they'll prove no threat. The ones controlling them are the problems. By the way, one of the people with the group, Gethren, has anyone seen him?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:47 am

"Gotta be honest with you Lurn," the carpenter says, "I didn't stick around once I saw they was hobs. They didn't look like zombies in the dark."

The carpenter shrugs at Lurn's question and looks around at the rest of the travelers who shake their heads.

"Nice guy, maybe he ran the other way? You don't think the zombies got him do you?"

As you get back to camp Jolly is standing at the road in the dark. He turns to the group as they approach and walks to Lurn. He extends the shiny piece of metal to Lurn and says with a disinterested tone,

"Found this on Gapa. Know what it is?"

-

In the other direction the people stop running on hearing the hob zombies are defeated. Most just stand there looking blankly at Cary then back to where they ran from. One asks,

"Are ya sure? The hobs are dead? Can we go back? No one passed us that I saw, but it was dark."

People shrug.

Cary then starts talking to a horse and everyone quiets and look at each other uncomfortably. Ealu stands there, shifting a little, while Kroshav get a message,

<Which of my hoofs is the right and which is the left again?>

((Most of the zombies got turned to powder by Lurn, not much left to burn.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20454

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:32 am

<Umm... you know the side that I usually swing the Sword on? That's your right, and the I carry the shield on the left.>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 am

Ealu gives two very hesitant stomps with her right hoof.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5382

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 am

Cary sort of avoids the question from Joe..."Do you see any sign of him?"

******
Cary nods at Ealu..."Great..." she says with no enthusiasm..."But well done on you Ealu...remind me to buy you some carrots in the next village..."

She looks up at the crowd now sort of looking bewildered..."You don't think the Fist of Five sends their warrior brothers out with mere simple minded mounts do you? This is a very, very smart horse that the Fist of Five warrior lent me..."

She then turns Ealu slightly, "At the moment the safest place for you all is back at the camp...I can't guarantee there are not other Hob bands around...but your likely to run into them out here on the road alone, and in the dark...back there we can offer you some protection...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 414

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:01 am

”Nay, Ruby hasnae seen ‘im eith’r. No off’nse ta Lurn but tha next group o ‘friends’ he found, we interrigate em before stayin’ anywhere near us. N next time we come across a wiz’rd Ah need ta inscribe Alarm.”

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5382

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:27 pm

”Nay, Ruby hasnae seen ‘im eith’r. No off’nse ta Lurn but tha next group o ‘friends’ he found, we interrigate em before stayin’ anywhere near us. N next time we come across a wiz’rd Ah need ta inscribe Alarm.”
"I don't think Alarm works that well against someone throwing fireballs into tents or magical huts...I think we're going to have to separate out a bit better in the future so not all of us are burned and frozen to death in one attack like poor Kant..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Ealu stamps twice with her left foot about Cary's promise for carrots.

After a pause and some whispering, and no comment on Cary talking to the horse, the crowd starts walking back towards the camp. The stay close to Ealu and the light.

((Cary and Joe will be a few minutes behind Lurn and Kroshav getting back. Is Jaq doing anything during this?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3030
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Nope, he's not certain where everyone went off to or why, so he is just watching the area carefully while staying hidden behind a tree, until the rest come back.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7025

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:52 am

As Jaq watches the area he sees Celus and Indra doing a walk around camp. They stop and stoke fires to brighten the campsites. They only pause once they get back to where the hut had been to work with something on the ground. They pull what remains of Kroshav's tent to cover it before splitting up and doing a slow patrol. Dama fiddles with Gapa's bones a while more before scooping (most of) them up in the fabric of the dead woman's clothes and packing them to clearing and dumping them on back on the ground.

He sees Jolly is standing at the road looking left and the right until Lurn arrives.

Post Reply