Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am

Joe summons Ruby twoards the area where Gretchen was last seen ( nearby Kroshav or Lurn I think) and has him tru to find either him or anything suspicious.

Ruby has darkvision 120’ and can fly either 60 or 120’ round depending on how active per works.


1d20+3 = [15] = 18 1d20+3 = [9] = 12

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Jolly shrugs, "Maybe they just don't like firblogs or whatever?"

He lifts the torch up and goes over to take a look, "Hey Jaq, it ain't got a mouth. What kind of skull don't got a mouth?"

Dama arrives and looks around, and seeing Jaq and Jolly just kicking around a pile of bones and rags, says, "A forking weird one. Which one was this?"

Jolly nudges a bit at the cloth revealing more bones, mostly shattered, "The lady one. Gaba?"

Something catches his eye and he reaches into the tattered robes and pulls out a pouch, which he tosses to Dama, and a flat piece of shiny metal the size of his palm.

"Huh." He looks at it a long time before saying dully, "Lurn should take a look at this."

Turning he starts walking back to camp, apparently done with his search. Dama moves up to take his spot, nudging the bones around.
((Roll me an investigation Jaq plus a history/arcana/medicine/religion or whatever if you want to identify the origin of the skull/creature.))

Joe summons Ruby who pops out near where everyone is gathered at the road. He doesn't see anything from where he is currently circling.

((Which direction would you send Ruby and for how far? And what do you mean "depending on how active per works"?))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:01 pm

(I think Ruby should circle near the south for....maybe for a few hundred feet?

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3033
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Investigation: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6


History check on the creature: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16


After checking out the creature, he will head out of the woods and back to check on the others. "Yep, maybe Lurn will have figured out what is going on at this point, at least a little."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:23 am

Jaq moves the bones and cloth around but doesn't see much more of interest. The skull without a mouth tickles his memory about a group of necromancers, or was it warlocks, that traded their ability to speak (among many other horrible acts) to gain the favor of their dark gods. That was a long time ago though, well before the landing of the elves. If Gapa was one of them she must have been more than eight hundred years old.

Ruby spins around in a growing circle south of the road looking for Gapa. He doesn't see anything that strikes him as interesting south of the road.

Kroshav faintly hears something from the east in the distance. It sounds sorta like yelling?

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 am

Cary will try to perceive what is going on also riding Elau...

Perception: 1D10+2 = [1]+2 = 3


But is apparently distracted by Joe who's hand goes where it shouldn't...

"Do you mind..." Cary will snap...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:07 am

Cary doesn't hear much beyond the flap of wings above of Ruby while Joe tries to hold on perhaps a bit too aggressively.

Ealu is eager to go, she doesn't seem to care where.

<Which way Kroshav? That way? That way? Back?>

((Are people going anywhere?))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:14 am

”Er sorry, Ah didnae wanna fall off.” Joe loosens her grip on Cary.

(Joe isn’t touching inappropriate areas)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:39 am

((I'm guessing it was for comedic effect, Joe has been a perfect lady so far in the story.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:43 am

"There may be zombies threatening the civilians in both directions, or the people could just be running because they showed up here and they want to get as far away as possible. Kroshav's still got haste for now, and I'll try to follow after him, while Joe and Cary have Ealu, so I say we split up just to make sure nobody else gets caught up in this mess."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 am

Kroshav zooms eastward at 90 ft/round.

<I'mgoingthisway,youcanfollow,ortakethemtheotherwayincasethere'ssoemthingthatway!>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:31 am

(I get that, but Joe would rather not piss off Cary)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Kroshav tears of to the east, quickly passing the edge of the clearing that serves as the stop. Ealu clomps in agitation, turning her head after him but stays where Cary has her.

Lurn jogs behind Kroshav but it is clear he won't be able to keep up.

((A perception roll as you both move. If you're dashing/running it will be at disadvantage.))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:24 pm

(Cary is born to an elf family of note...you never know what they consider inappropriate...)

Cary will let Ealu head in the other direction..."Alright lets see what is this way...I just hope we don't get snipped."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:40 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:09 pm

If Joe can without breaking concentration, she will hold an eldrich blast for the arse.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:13 pm

((I'm pretty sure holding spells does use concentration, and only holds for one round.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:00 pm

( I tried to look for the rules of concentration, but I couldn’t find that specific rule) this is what I found on dnd beyond.com
Concentration
Some spells require you to maintain concentration in order to keep their magic active. If you lose concentration, such a spell ends.

If a spell must be maintained with concentration, that fact appears in its Duration entry, and the spell specifies how long you can concentrate on it. You can end concentration at any time (no action required).

Normal activity, such as moving and attacking, doesn't interfere with concentration. The following factors can break concentration:

Casting another spell that requires concentration. You lose concentration on a spell if you cast another spell that requires concentration. You can't concentrate on two spells at once.
Taking damage. Whenever you take damage while you are concentrating on a spell, you must make a Constitution saving throw to maintain your concentration. The DC equals 10 or half the damage you take, whichever number is higher. If you take damage from multiple sources, such as an arrow and a dragon's breath, you make a separate saving throw for each source of damage.
Being incapacitated or killed. You lose concentration on a spell if you are incapacitated or if you die.

If I am missing something, please tell me.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Perceptionwhilesprintingtotheeast: 2D20.LOW(1)+1 = [9, 7]+1 = 8

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 pm

((It falls under Ready Action, not Concentration; "When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but hold its energy, which you release with your reaction when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must have a casting time of 1 action, and holding onto the spell's magic requires concentration." Per usual, a readied action also only lasts one round.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm

(Oh! Okay Why wasn’t it on the concentration rules where it can be easily found?

Joe won’t readying a spell and instead decides to heckle the guy.

“Oi ye with tha face tha worse than meh grandma’s arse! Ah think Ah figur’d out what ye god be, tha god o chick’ns aye? Ye worship a chick’n n tha be why ya try ta get us when we be asleep, o is it tha yer god is so feckin’ weak tha it cannae even hurt a cott’nball with that tiny bit o fire ya made?”

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:34 pm

((Because it's not a problem if someone doesn't know they can ready spells, and they presume anyone who does will have read the readying rules.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:13 am

Kroshav and Lurn run along the road to east, both glowing quite brightly as they do. Neither of them notice much as they go but after 450ft of running Kroshav can now clearly hear no fewer than four people yelling about 150ft or maybe 200ft ahead of him. Based on the increased distress in those yells as he approaches he would guess they have also seen him and are concerned. Before he can approach any further his entire body feels heavy, too the point that he slumps to his knees. Lurn sees Kroshav drop and is able to close some of the distance between them before Kroshav can lift himself to his feet again.

((Continuing on? The people are still running but they aren't moving as fast as either of you because they don't have light so you will eventually catch them. At this point it is unlikely they would be able to hear you yell for them.))

Cary and Joe head the other way and find that Ealu moves far more slowly then before, rather hesitantly in fact. Kroshav gets the message,

<Uh... Kroshav? I can't see anything now. I don't want to fall and toss whatsername and the little whatsername, they don't have the seat you put on me either.>

Cary and Joe go about 300ft from camp, Joe yelling insults into the forest before she feels her spell end.

((Can I get a flat perception from both Cary and Joe. How far are you two going to ride Ealu?))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:20 am

_: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Cary is distracted by wondering what is wrong with Ealu

Horse knowledge check: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

"Hmm...Joe have you got a light cantrip or a torch on you?" She will ask...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Post Reply