Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:07 am

((Only if Cary smacks you for taking her ride!))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:36 am

(Okay, Joe will hitch a ride then!)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:38 am

((You'd have to use your dash to mount, it's half your movement to mount or dismount.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:53 am

((Indeed, and I am also going to say that her movement reset at the top of the round since everyone wants a ride.

Where is Joe planning on going?))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:39 am

That's fine, Joe will mount the horsey

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:54 am

((...and go?))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

...on the horsey? If it takes a dash to do so, she will, unless you are talking about commanding the horsey, which I thought Cary has that covered?

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm

((OOC...So as I understand it...Joe wants to ride the war horse so she runs over while Cary is investigating the body and jumps on but is expecting Cary to get back on and guide Ealu into danger...Which we are considering an unarmored half elf and little Joe should be a weight problem...Just that Ealu has to wait for Cary's turn to get back on...
I don't know if the game designers thought of having a Paldin's mount carrying not their paladin and a small humanoid unarmored into battle... :lol: ))
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:27 pm

( i thought Cary was still on the horse?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:05 pm

The Lost wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:27 pm
( i thought Cary was still on the horse?)
Quarg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:27 am
Cary will notice the figure amongst the ice and ride over to it...dismounting to see what she can do for it...
((She hopped on, rode over and hopped off to check on Kant, Joe moves south and hops on. Ealu stands there patiently.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:26 pm

((Yep.

No weight problem, warhorses can manage up to 600lb.))

Dama moves up and tries a difficult shot at Gapa but only manages to hit a tree between them. She then moves further into the forest after Jolly.
Order:
Indra -33hp
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp
Dama
Jaq -23hp<--------
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Shadowthing -25hp
Lurn -20hp
Gapa -18hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)

((Gapa hasn't moved so Jaq is in the same relative position with her.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3033
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:06 am

Jaq will take the shot from where he is if it is unobstructed, and will move up to 30 feet if needed to get an unobstructed shot.
After taking the shot he will move the rest of his 30 feet eastward and then hide (cunning).


Longbow attack: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19

Arrow and sneak damage: 1D8+6+3D6 = [8]+6+[6, 4, 5] = 29

Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [17, 2]+11 = 28

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:31 am

Jaq moves for a clear shot before sinking an arrow into Gapa's eye. The woman's head rocks back but she doesn't fall. Jaq can see the woman blink around the arrow and the eye looks intact, except for the arrow. He can guess that it is probably an illusion, but what's under it he can't tell.

Jolly yelps,

"Ah! What in the Hells?"

((Kroshav is up, he can reach Gapa this turn with his super movement.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 am

Kroshav and his glowing Sword show up next to Jolly.

"HeyJolly,how'sitgoing?Joemademerealfast!"

He slashes down at Gapa in an explosion of radiant energy!
► Show Spoiler
((I'll follow up with second and third swings if needed, but let's see what that does.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:27 pm

((She just so happens to be undead so you'd get the extra 2d8 radiant plus the sword will give another 3d6 necrotic. Don't bother with the radiant, she is super duper dead, but roll that necrotic as you get that in temp hp.

Also we are out of turn order! What are you doing now?))

Kroshav's holy light is joined by a dark green and blue from the sword as he cleaves Gapa with an explosive blow that looks to have blown the skin right off her! A smoking skull tumbles to the ground with her clothes. The skull looks odd though, the jaw bone looks fused to the rest and there are no teeth?

Jolly mumbles something about his should have just stayed in the tent. He pokes at the skull with his boot.

"Hey Kroshav. That was flashy."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:35 pm

"Yep!Yougotthingshere,I'mgonnagocheckontheothers!"

((Temp HP: 3D6 = [1, 6, 3] = 10
))

((Kroshav would use the rest of his move and a dash to head in the direction of Lurn's light. There's still one unaccounted for, yes?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:45 pm

((Yep, Gethren.))

Sword laughs happily and says, in a disturbingly focused and breathy way for the child's voice it has,

<Yes! More Kroshav! Get more! Find more and destroy them!>

The hilt of the blade feels briefly warm and sword itself looks like it momentarily glows darkly and feels heavier, before dimming and becoming lighter again.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:30 pm

((Kroshav has haste and a glowing Sword, and is running high on the excitement of the crit, so he's just chasing around until he either finds more enemies, or the haste ends.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:59 pm

If Cary notices Kroshov heading towards the south...She will jump on the warhorse with the mage and follow...otherwise she will ride towards the light with the mage..(aka Joe)...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Lurn's just going to keep hunting for Gethren.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:32 am

Jolly grumbles,

"Ya, bye Kroshav. Thanks for swinging by."

As the dragonborn tears south in a blur of light. Cary notices and hops on Ealu and joins. Lurn was already on his way south and the four party members all reach the road with spotting Gethren. The road runs east and west in the darkness and no one is in sight in the darkness beyond the light provided by Kroshav's Sword or Lurn's shield. Across the road there is more forest, though thinner than the forest to the north.

((What are you doing now? You can all give a perception roll.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:49 am

Lurn calls upon Guidance from Kelemvor to help him track down Gethren.
Perception + Guidance: 1D20+8+1D4 = [13]+8+[2] = 23
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 am

Pausing at the road to listen Lurn hears distant sounds of running and yelling/screaming coming from the west and equally distant sounds of the same from the east. He would guess there are more runners heading west than east and that everyone is running away from where he is standing.

He doesn't hear anything moving south in the forest.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:44 am

"There are people panicking east and west. I can't tell where that scum went, though."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3033
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 am

Jaq moves up to Jolly. "What was this fire caster, not humanoid? It seemed like my arrows were not really hurting it. Let's search it carefully and see what it was carrying, Jolly." He will take time to try to figure out what it was and search the remains carefully. "We need to figure out why they targeted us, was it because of Lurn's religion for some reason, or our whole group for something we've done?"

Post Reply