Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 am

Joe hands shake and she drops the dagger and moves north to fire another magic missile at it. “Jaq be near tha cast’r, get ‘im, Ah’ll get this feck’r!”

Concentration
1d20+3 = [12] = 15

Magic missile at the shadow.
3d4+3 = [3, 2, 2] = 10

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

_: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12


Cary swears at the amount of damage she took from that scream...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20460

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 am

"OnitCap'n!Whichwayisthat?"

<Ealu,ifCap'northeLiuetentantneedhelpgettingsomewherefast,canyougivethemarideforme?>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:29 pm

((What are you concentrating on Lost?

Update tomorrow, sorry.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20460

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:48 pm

((JoeisconcentratingonthatspellthatmakesKroshavreallyreallyfastsohecanrunaroundandhittingsalot!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:24 pm

“Ah nev’rmibd, keep yer light on it so Ah can see it!”

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:12 am

((Oh, yep! Also Joe wouldn't be able to see/know what Jaq is doing but would have seen Jolly in Gapa's business.))

Lurn stumbles forward in the dark to where Celus is laying in the edge of Kroshav's light and brings him back to consciousness with a groan,

"Owww..."

Finding his glowing, floating sword in the darkness, Lurn moves it south. He isn't really sure how he will know if the sword finds anything though.

Gapa makes to jump forward and Jolly lifts his torch defensively as the woman instead turns and runs away. He swings after her with the torch but is too late to connect with anything but air. He yells and chases after her.
Order:
Indra -33hp
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp
Dama
Jaq -23hp
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Shadowthing -25hp
Lurn -20hp
Gapa -18hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)<--------

((Map:
Gapa is deep in the forest to the northwest. The light from Jolly's torch is visible but no one has line of sight on her now (except Jolly who is in melee with her).

The shadowthing is right on the very northern edge of Kroshav's light, 45' north of Kroshav. Kroshav can just see it, no one else can.

Gethren?

Big
► Show Spoiler
Little
► Show Spoiler
))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20460

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:42 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:15 pm
Kroshav will drop 20 HP into himself from Lay on Hands as he runs north ...
((Currently only -8 HP.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:01 am

((Fixed!))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:19 am

((Yeah, I'm not expecting the spiritual weapon to find anything right now, Lurn's just getting ready to go after Gethren, and since the sword is *slightly* slower than him, good to move it in advance.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:14 am

Miasma will firstly move away, but then run towards her to get enough momentum to charge at the little/big girl.


1d20+5 = [18] = 23 2d6+3 = [3, 2] = 8 2d6 = [4, 1] = 5

Dc 13 or prone

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:15 am

((Wrong thread Lost.))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:56 am

Cary runs up next to Kroshav as he passes and asks "Need any assistance?"
Before she shoots two bolts of agonizing blast at the target she now can see... And snarl as the second one misses...
If Kroshav doesn't need help She will use what remains of her movement to track southeast again...if so she will try to keep pace behind the paladin.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:18 am

Cary moves up to Kroshav and hits the shadowthing and a tree several feet away from it with a blast of energy. Indra stays beside Celus looking around and asking,

"Thank you Lurn. What is left? How do you feel Celus?"

Joe moves into the woods until she can just make out the shadowthing and looses some different types of bolts of force, these all hit despite needing to dodge around trees and bushes. The shadowthing is almost indistinguishable from the darkness now its form clearly coming apart.

Dama dashes after Jolly's light but doesn't have time for a shot, though she doesn't really have much of one at Gapa.

Order:
Indra -33hp (dodging)
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp
Dama
Jaq -23hp<--------
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Shadowthing -43hp
Lurn -20hp
Gapa -18hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)

((Did Kroshav ask for Cary's help? She doesn't have much move left but it would put her a little closer to the shadowthing.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:30 am

"Not much, but there may be other zombies about that escaped my god's magic."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3033
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:03 am

Jaq will move ahead 30 feet to try to get a good shot on Gapa. If he gets a clear shot within 30' he takes it. If he has to move further in to get a better shot he does it, using cunning action to dash, but he would rather have the cunning action left to use stealth if possible.
He will move NE, basically more north, but about 10 feet east-ish.

Longbow attack: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24

Arrow and sneak damage: 1D8+6+3D6 = [5]+6+[1, 4, 3] = 19

Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [17, 18]+11 = 29
If he didn't use the cunning action up on extra movement.
If he did use the cunning action, he will use an extra few feet of movement if he has it, to get behind cover.
(he is pretty injured and is being cautious as he is pretty far from any healers.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20460

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:32 am

"IthinkIgotthis,thathelped!"

Kroshav will run up to the shadow and swing at it.

Longsword: 1D20+8+4 = [10]+8+4 = 22
1D8+7 = [7]+7 = 14


If it's still holding together, and seems like it needs a bit more power behind it, he'll swing again with a divine smite (if it looks like it's on the very edge, he'll save it).

Longsword: 1D20+8+4 = [16]+8+4 = 28
1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9


((If that drops it, he'll use the rest of his movement and dash to move towards where he sees Jolly's torch.))

((He'd asked Ealu if she'd be willing to help transport Cary or Joe, if she's willing, Kroshav would say that to Cary, since she's next to him.))

"Ealucanhelpyougettherefaster!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:18 am

((Jaq would need the cunning dash to get that shot.))

Jaq sinks another arrow into Gapa, he hears an odd clink but there is no sound from the woman otherwise.

Kroshav moves up to the almost not there shadowthing and ends it. He hears a faint scream in his mind as the shadows disperse. He then begins heading towards Jolly's torch.

Ealu trots up to Cary.

Celus sits up and looks around.

"Uh... what? What we doing now? We win?"

Order:
Indra -33hp (dodging)
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp
Dama
Jaq -23hp
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Shadowthing -43hp
Lurn -20hp<--------
Gapa -18hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13830
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:50 pm

"Not yet. There are still the two that approached us earlier today. I'm going after them." With that, Lurn casts Light on his shield and sets off southward.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 am

Lurn heads south on the lookout for Gethren but doesn't see any sign of him, or of the others that had been traveling along the same path with the party since beginning on the hag hunt.

Gapa moves away from Jolly allowing him to swing at her with his torch. He catches her in the back of head before stopping and raising her gloved hand towards him and firing off a few bolts of energy that he is prepared for and blocks with his shield. She moves back as far as she can but Jolly catches up. He drops the torch and draws his short sword, swinging it in the same movement. The sword surprisingly bounces off her just as it seems it is going to hit.

"No more runnin' then? Fine by me."

Gapa remains silent.
The slurping darkness over their camp disappears like it was never there but everything that had been under it has been smashed to the ground and is covered in ice. There is a still, crushed form

((This should have happened on Gethren's turn but I forgot!))

Order:
Indra -33hp (dodging)
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp
Dama
Jaq -23hp
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Shadowthing -43hp
Lurn -20hp
Gapa -23hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)<-----

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5385

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:27 am

Cary will look at Elau..."Well nothing like having a smart mount..."
And will jump on (-15 movement)

((I'm not sure when Elau can move now...))

Cary will notice the figure amongst the ice and ride over to it...dismounting to see what she can do for it...
Investigation: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14


(I don't know where the body is in relation to the fighting...)
(And is that Drama down there to the far south east?)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:39 am

((Ealu has been moving on Kroshav's turn and moved to get you this turn but I'm okay with her using the rest of her movement to get you to the body. Going forward she can move on your turn.

Drama in the southeast? There are some camp fires and tents that Cary can see. Gethren was down that direction but I am not sure Cary would have noticed that.))

Cary hops up on Ealu who gladly turns and takes her to their destroyed campsite. Dismounting Cary immediately recognizes the frozen, throughly crushed remains of Kant, mostly by his clothes. He looks very, very dead.

Indra runs after Kroshav,

"You get it? What's over there?"

Order:
Indra -33hp (dodging)
Gethren -14hp
Joe -27hp<-----
Dama
Jaq -23hp
Kroshav -8hp (Hasted)
Celus -31hp
Lurn -20hp
Gapa -23hp
Jolly -15hp
Cary -29 hp (Prot. G&E)

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:20 am

Where is Joe in relation to the horse?

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7034

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:24 am

((Since Cary rode her back over, Joe 25' to the northeast of her.))

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:59 am

Alright, would riding the horse do anything for concentration?)

Post Reply