Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5400

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 am

Cary shakes her head..."Apologies...see I can't think strait...Yes rounding up the civilians again is...going to be problematic at best..."

She sighs..."Actually, I'm not sure that I will be any good at that...my last attempt was barely successful." She turns and looks around. "I think I should stay here...I can still detect the damn things if they return...which has some value I suppose..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:23 am

((Can you roll me a d100 Lost. Also, where are you destroying the mirror?))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:31 am

Joe isn’t directly touching it and destroying magic items don’t do anything (except bag of holding) so right there.

[1d100] = 94

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:40 am

((And touching magic items doesn't summon demons in the rule books but here we are. >:?

Is this Joe Guess like with the sword's origins? If so give me an arcana roll.))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:22 am

(Your right they don’t. I figured it was some sort of homebrew item. I have noisea what the mirror does/can do.

Arcana [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16

Edit: it’s actually 17, not that it matters)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Joe knows that, on occasion, magic items do blow up. Depends on the item and how powerful it is. This particular item, Joe is pretty sure won't blow up. There might be some feedback on the other end of the connection, but they've already proved they aren't friendly. And live in the Abyss and are probably a demon.

((Still destroying it?))

Kroshav and Jolly head out and recollect everyone, again. People come back, more slowly. Everyone is tired and people are more irritated, shooting glares at the party.

((So it is now a little bit into the second watch. You keeping the same watches that were rolled way back in October?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm

(Which watches did we set?? And Jaq will be watching Joe just a bit more carefully when she is putzing around with magic and keeping a bit more physical distance from her. Same idea as his other thoughts, not getting caught in the same traps a second time, learned his lesson.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:21 pm

((Sure. I think Kroshav was taking the dawn shift?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:39 pm

( Yes, but away from the camp without Ruby and shooting it with firebolt from max distance (240’ is her range but not sure due to night time, but she can conjure items that dimly glow) Joe will use mage hand to carry it since it can’t activate magic items.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:24 am

((Lurn, Jaq then Kroshav, I believe. So Jaq would be up.))

Jaq watches warily as Joe successfully destroys the mirror. It momentarily seems to distort, twisting black but then just melts into a slagged piece of shiny metal with black streaks in it.

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:06 am

Joe will make sure it is actually destroyed by ritually casting detect magic.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:11 am

Joe finds most of the magic has faded and the rest is quickly disappearing.

((If no one else is wanting to join in the watches I will just continue. I will have Dama take second watch so it's even?))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:32 pm

The night's remaining watches pass uneventfully, and by morning the corpse fire has largely burnt out and everyone feels much better.

Celus still looks a bit hagard and doesn't have his normal jovial attitude, but he is definitely healthier.

Most of the group's road travel companions leave early and hastily, not bothering to even give more than a wave goodbye.
NotStickFigures wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 am
Jaq brings in the blackberries with a bit of a swagger, glad to find something more recognizable that everyone will eat without a second thought, and then he states, "Had a weird feeling in the forest when i was looking for berries this morning. Almost like I was being watched from something in the forest, but no matter how much I watched or hid and waited, nothing seemed to be there." He shrugs, "Maybe I was just being jittery, but maybe we should watch the forest a bit more closely today and tomorrow."
The feeling Jaq had of being watched in the forest, by the forest, seems to have eased from the previous night. There is still a lingering sensation but not like it had been.

((Anyone doing anything in the morning? You are a day's travel from Kant's village. Kant being dead makes finding his place a touch harder though.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:30 pm

"What is the plan for today, everyone? We now have enemies nearby possibly waiting for us."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:57 am

"The shadows shouldn't be able to do much in the day, the sunlight would make them easy targets and they didn't seem too strong without their stealth. Gethren is still a problem, though. I say we let the other travelers gain some distance, so we won't make them targets, then keep traveling. We've lost our reason to travel now, though; without Kant it will be hard to learn anything about that hag, and even if we do it wouldn't be wise to hunt for it with others hunting us."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20580

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 pm

"Where'd anyone see Grethen last? Might be able to track him, get an idea where he's headed..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Dama offers,

"Last I saw him he was moving to the east."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:20 pm

"Probably better than nothing, though we should be prepared for traps."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:10 am

Celus's already tired look gets more tired at the mention of traps.

"Did ya tell him where we were going? Anyone? I'm getting really tired of fighting shadow monsters."

The NPCs all shake their heads at the question but Indra notes,

"We haven't exactly been sneaky about our plans. Anyone of those we were traveling with might have mentioned it to him."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:34 am

"Well, with Kant dead, are we still heading that way? I think this might be a really good day to figure out a new path and an new direction of travel. Joe, I know you have a bone to pick with this hag, but the lead we were following was very weak no matter how you look at it. Maybe we just activate the weird magic golum that leads us to this old library. That will take us in a random direction that Gethren in no way will be able to figure out.
And it will take us on adventure! And lead us to an either old abandoned library; which will undoubtedly hold vast knowledge and magic and the need to be explored, OR (he adds with a big flourish of his arms) it will lead to some hidden and still functioning library that no one is aware of...and we all know that can't be done without some amazing power and magic. It is a win either way! "

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:03 pm

"Of course, if anyone wants to just go home, that's good too. It would be understandable if those who joined our merry band through conscription have had enough adventure."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7152

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 am

Celus looks to Indra who nods to her cousin and says,

"If you are heading into the woods, we are going to have to say our farewells. We'd still like to see the Duchess before the snow falls, if we can."

Celus adds,

"It's been a fun go with ya though and I hope we'll see ya again!"

Jolly shifts uncomfortably and Dama elbows him. He glares at her and says, somewhat quietly,

"Now's as good as ever. Can't tag along with them forever."

Jolly's expression darkens but he doesn't say anything.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13895
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:22 pm

"That's not wrong, Jolly. We've adventurous spirits, but danger comes with it. We've all come close to death. You're finding a safer place for yourself and your life is moving forward, now's a good chance to settle down, if that's what you choose to do."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 512

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:27 am

Joe frowns in deep thought, barely paying attebtion to what is around her. “...Lurn can ye do some o tha cl’iral div’nat’n? Maybeh try ta find someun?

...Shoulda tried gettin’ those mirror pieces before we left. Woulda make trak’in ‘er down eas’r.”

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3076
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:10 pm

"Jolly, what are you thoughts? Where will you head, back home where we met? Or someplace else do you think?"

Post Reply