UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:55 am

Yes, it would be best to head to town.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 am

((Just noticed that Indra had already taken care of red hob last turn, which I had missed in my notes. There should have only been two attacks against Celus, though since they all missed it doesn't change anything.

Indra is up beside Celus so Dama doesn't have eyes on anything beside her. I am guessing you are looking at the last map I put up? That bugbear ran away! Right now there is only a bugbear right in front of her left that she can see.))

Kroshav switches his sword for his warpick and, not quite prepared for the weighting difference, misses the bugbear beside him completely.

On the otherside of the tent Celus spins and puts the burning green hob out of his misery before turning and nearly removing purple hob's arm. Jolly sees his chance and rushes in to end the staggering purple hobgoblin.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad (A single bugbear remaining)
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (KO)
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav <-----

((Other than the remaining bugbear in front of Dama there are no other enemies actively targeting the group. Is Dama going to do something else?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:14 am

((Yeah, I was guessing somewhat based on the last map I could find.))

Dama pulls a dagger or the like and swipes at the foe on front of her (I'm assuming she doesn't have anything to make trying a point blank shot a better option).

(( Jolly will stick with Celus, moving north around the tent to meet up with Arbelm?.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:54 pm

((Ya, need to get you a new map but been busy this weekend...))

Dama pulls a dagger and effectively tries to cut the bugbear in front of her, for its part the bugbear seems most interested in finding a clear path out of here as he disengages and runs to the south and then to the west away from the tent.
Arbelm stands waits looking for signs of a new attack as Jaq arrives to her position along with Amar carrying Ern. She gives Ern a look to ensure he is still alive before nodding to Amar. Beyond the pair of archers she sees Celus come around the tent. Her eyes are then drawn beyond Celus to the fighting to the east and the trio of large winged creatures swooping down to what must be the front lines of combat before rising into the air again. They are chased by an unfocused volley of arrows.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad (A single bugbear remaining)
Team Lurn<-----
Team Jesp
Jaq
Team Kroshav

((You are out of combat, more or less, but still in turn order as reinforcements can arrive every round. Would anyone not follow Arbelm's order to group up on her? Otherwise we can say everyone moved in her direction, if not reached her outright this turn.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 pm

((Yes, moving towards her. What is the state of the command tent?))

"Jolly, Celus! Are you both alright? Anyone seen Hep?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Yeah, let's head to town so Ves can speak to Tom.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Everyone in Lurn's squad would group up on her now that they're safe to do so. Lurn will move to Ern and casts Cure Wounds on him for 13 healing.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 am

Everyone moves to the northwest corner of the tent, or as close as they can get. Amar looks relieved when Ern walks up and he can set the man down on his own feet. Ern mostly looks confused at the burning tent, the last place he remembers being. When everyone is close enough that she doesn't need to shout Arbelm takes a head count and then looks at the faces. Jolly finds Kroshav's eyes as the dragonborn asks about Hep and gives a slow shake of his head.

"I saw two down after the fireball." She looks at Lurn to confirm they are staying down before continuing, "Group leaders, Jaq, give me an assessment of your group strength. Are we able to stay in this fight or should we withdraw?"

Beside them the front of the command tent collapses in on itself and sends a shower of sparks into the air.

((Okay you know your own stats but your teams -
Kroshav -
► Show Spoiler
Lurn -
► Show Spoiler
Jaq -
► Show Spoiler
Jesp's crew look rough but Jesp himself only looks moderately wounded.))
---
Joe and Tess eat cold leftovers from the prior night and head west to town at a normal pace. The weather is nice, but it is clearly approaching fall as the air doesn't warm quite as quick as a few weeks earlier.

((Can I get a perception and intelligence rolls from both of you please.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:45 am

Lurn shakes his head slightly, "Fand is capable in a backline, but in the place there is no backline, so it's always dangerous, and with Indra injured as she is I worry for how much longer my group can continue. On top of this, I've spent most of my healing dealing the the chaos outside the tent. Twice more I can get someone back on their feet, but that's it."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 am

Jesp pulls at his slightly singed beard while considering Ern and Amar while listening to Lurn before interjecting,

"Ern just got put back on his feet and Amar's just barely on his. Aye can keep going for a bit but aye've got wounds to tend as well."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:22 am

“Too many of us, me included, could be taken down by one good strike. Or another fire spell. Retreat is prudent in my mind.”

Jaq will search nearby bodies while waiting. He will also refill arrows from any archers he sees down.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 am

"Jaq brought me back with a tasty potion, and I could patch Celus up a bit and do some spot healing. Did we do what we needed to? Taking on a bunch of squads at once might be a bit much, but if we move together we should be able to out match or drive off any stragglers or small squads."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 am

The leftovers are not cold, because Joe can use presigigtation to warm them up.

Per [1d20] = 14 int [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:32 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:43 am

Arbelm looks to the east and says,

"We are here to do a much damage as we can. I was considering attacking them from the rear to press them from both sides." Her gaze returns to the squad around her, taking in the damage and weariness. "But based on your assessments we would likely need to retreat well before we could have any noticeable impact."

Her voice hardens,

"We are done here. Move for the trees, stay together. If you get separated from the group cut south, cross the road and head west until you find Duchy troops."

As if to punctuate the corporal's point a pair of large, winged dragon-like creatures land on the southeastern side of the burning tent. They look to have lost interest in whatever was happening in the raging battle to the east and have been drawn to the fire and open space around the large tent, squawking and chittering with each other. The brown one is watching the fire with interest, as well as Indra and Jolly.

Arbelm wastes no time hefting the general and moving to the west, saying quietly,

"Move! Slow and steady away."

Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn<-----
Team Jesp
Purple wyvern
Brown wyvern
Jaq
Team Kroshav

Map:
► Show Spoiler
---
On second thought, the breakfast was warm.

Walking with bleary eyes Ves doesn't see much as she goes but Joe is more aware of their surroundings and, as they only perhaps an hour from town, something catches her attention about the road ahead. She can't quite put her finger on it though...like it is familiar somehow? That old stump there? Maybe just a sense of deja vu but there is something about this stretch.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 am

((Kroshav was unconscious at the time, did anyone happen to grab his sword for him from where he fell, or is it still in the tent?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:45 am

((It came out with you out, just like the general's hammer.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 am

”....Are we goin’ aroun in circles?” Joe conjures a large ball of yarn and ties it to the stump, releasing some as they go.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:00 am

Ves frowns.

"Nah, we've been following the road..."

She looks up to the sky just to double check how isn't right. Shes tired today, but this is her job...

((Not sure if you need a roll for this, given Ves's background but:

Survival: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [5, 9]+5 = 10
))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:18 am

((Kroshav grabs his gear then, along with the general's hammer if no one else grabbed it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 pm

((Jesp snagged the hammer.))
---
As she is made aware of the oddness of having seen this spot before Ves slowly begins to recognize it. The mirror...it was the second stretch from the mirror. As she turns she thinks...yes looking this way to town but from a higher vantage.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

She frowns, and turns to Joe.

"This is the spot from the mirror... From... up. Like someone was looking down from a higher point. Does the mirror show us what someone else is seeing?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 pm

((The wyverns are aware of our presence, right? It's a little unclear whether the last bit is saying that they're focused on the fire, Indra, and Jolly, or if they, Indra, and Jolly are focused on the fire. Also, don't suppose wyverns speak draconic? Lurn will be asking Kroshav if he can talk to them, if they're aware of us, but knowing his answer in advance would help move along actions.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:46 pm

((Good chance Kroshav and his 7 INT doesn't actually know one way or the other, but he's willing to give it a try if Lurn asks him to.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:02 pm

((Well, all comes down to whether they're aware of us, then. If they are and they don't want to let us walk away, the first question would be whether Kroshav can talk to them. If he can, then diplomacy would be on him. If he can't, then Lurn's Speech of Beast and Leaf may let him talk *at* them, at least.))
My game:

My characters: