Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 am

(The small tent Jaq is near, where is the entrance flap or door to the tent? )

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:31 am

((It has a flap on Jaq's side.))

Kroshav manages slash the back of Fadris's leg and she stumbles to a halt. She call to Ginrak who quickly moves up behind Kroshav and takes an solid blow from Jesp as he moves. Reaching Kroshav he proceeds to slash the dragonborn's back with cold fury.
Initiative:
Arbelm (Blessed)
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq (Blessed)
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (-109 HP)
Ginrak (-39 HP)
Team Kroshav (Blessed) <-----

Inside map:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:41 am

((Ok, thanks! Kroshav is my first character with the Sentinel feat, so I only remember part of the time!))

Longsword: 1D20+7+1D4 = [6]+7+[4] = 17
1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 am

((It hits, going to just add the damage here rather than retcon it back. She could have parried it but she already parried Celus.

Also it is your turn!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:10 am

"You weren't excused.", Kroshav growls. He swipes at her again.

Longsword: 1D20+7+1D4 = [6]+7+[1] = 14
1D8+7 = [3]+7 = 10

Celus likewise attacks the General.

Jolly, if he's aware of the squad to the east, will move to Lurn's other side and take the Dodge action.

Dama moves south and fires on them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

The hobgoblin general leans out of the way of Kroshav's sword swipe which sends her into Celus's attacks from behind her. Arbelm watches the attacks and, timing her strike, inflicts yet more damage on the very unwell looking hobgoblin woman. Fadris is bleeding from many deep cuts now and doesn't look to have much keeping her standing.
Outside the tent (presuming Jaq mentioned something as he ran by?) Jolly moves to Lurn's side and readies his shield watching the new arrivals while Dama moves to get a shot and sinks an arrow right under Green hob's shield eliciting a loud grunt.
South of the tent (80 ft south of Lurn) a longbow wielding hobgoblin archer in leather armor comes into view and opens fire on Dama catching her unaware.
Several flashes and explosions happen in rapid succession to the east and the screams of humanoids and horses follow. Slightly nearer the tent several clouds appear and send down showers of what glimmers like glass into the smoke to the east and several cracks of thunder rumble on the clear, ever brightening morning.

Initiative:
Arbelm (Blessed)
Hob archer
Team Lurn <-----
Team Jesp
Jaq (Blessed)
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (-125 HP)
Ginrak (-39 HP)
Team Kroshav (Blessed)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 pm

((Neglected a roll after Ginrak hit Kroshav. Bless is still good.))

Concentration: 1D20+2+1D4 = [18]+2+[1] = 21
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Lurn quickly kneels and casts Cure Wounds on Fand. "Gods damn these hobgoblins. They have nothing but numbers and the idiocy to keep throwing them at us."

Fand: Get up.
Indra: Attack Ginrak

Edit: I was distracted and forgot healing numbers; flat 13 for Fand being at 0hp.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:41 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 pm ((Neglected a roll after Ginrak hit Kroshav. Bless is still good.))
((Good thing you remember that, cus I have spaced it every time. He actually got you twice, so can you get me another roll please.

Bigger update later...))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:00 am

((I've struggled to roll above a 10 on my attack d20s, but at least my Conc checks to keep bless up have been decent!))

Concentration: 1D20+2+1D4 = [13]+2+[1] = 16
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Indra slides her blade tip between the heavy armor plates Ginrak is wearing but, despite expertly placing the strike, only leaves a relatively small mark. Jesp moves up, and away from the growing fire, to strike Ginrak but stumbles and misses in the smoky tent.
The two archers, hearing the hobs outside and not having good shots at either of the hobs inside, move to the northeast corner and ready attacks.

Outside, Fand rises unsteadily to his feet. His eyes skip over the many dead bodies around him and the smoking remains of his comrades.

Initiative:
Arbelm (Blessed)
Hob archer
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq (Blessed) <-----
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (-125 HP)
Ginrak (-39 HP)
Team Kroshav (Blessed)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Jaq will take a shot at the Hob archer to the south.
He will then move south to hide behind/get cover by the tent there (Unless there is an emeny near there that he cannot see off the edge of the map)
He will then use cunning action to hide.
blessed longbow attack: 1D20+8+1D4 = [15]+8+[3] = 26

arrow damage: 1D8+6 = [6]+6 = 12

Stealth: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 am

Jaq easily drops the lone archer before moving and hiding behind the nearest tent. He catches the eye of some of those rushing by briefly but not enough for them to stop whatever task they have been assigned. ((There are enemies all around so getting cover from all of them would be difficult, most don't care about a lone individual.))

The hobsquad to the east of the burning tent seems to be conflicted but ultimately three of them step inside. The first to enter is a warrior who gets double blasted by Ern and Amar. Ern's arrow bounces harmless of the hob's shield but Amar catches him in the side of the neck. The hob immediately turns to attack the archers as the green hob rushes and attempts to strike Celus, however both begin coughing from the increasingly thick smoke and miss. The red armored hob slips past the fighting and places his hands on his beset leader causing her to glow softly and some of her wounds to heal. The hobs that remained outside stand warily watching Lurn's group, ready to dodge.
Emboldened by the reinforcements Fadris turns on Kroshav and strikes the side of his head and drops the dragonborn before spinning to attack Arbelm and missing twice. Ginrak turns around and stabs at Jesp and then Indra, leaving the pair even more bloodied.
The smoke is beginning to make it hard to breath inside the tent...

Initiative:
Arbelm
Hob archer
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (-114 HP)
Ginrak (-39 HP)
Team Kroshav (PM me a death saving throw for Kroshav please!)<-----

Maps:
Inside
► Show Spoiler
Out
► Show Spoiler
----
((Forest group, do you want to just start heading to town? Or would you like me to do as Ves suggested?))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am

(I am fine with what Ves suggested)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:21 am

((@Spider, you still have Dama and Jolly to control, what are they going to do?))
----
Joe lifts the mirror and after a few tries gets the magic word just right while visualizing Ves' old friend. The crystal in the mirror glows a soft blue-green and... She can see a stretch of road and some trees. Trying again Joe says the word and... Sees another stretch of road. Huh.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 am

Dama move NE 3 squares, loose on Red, Jolly move to attack Red.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Dama fires a shot at red hob but she manages to easily dodge the arrow but it leaves him flat-footed against an well timed attack from Jolly.
Inside the tent Arbelm tries to judge what to do now. Gritting her teeth as her eyes water she ignores Kroshav and continues the attack on Fadris but the smoke is making it near impossible to take a breath.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn<-----
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (-114 HP)
Ginrak (-39 HP)
Team Kroshav

((Everyone inside the tent is going to need to make a con save of DC 10 this turn or they will be attacking with disadvantage.

Indra has a +5 on con saves if you'd like to roll it Dlover!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Indra Con: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18

Indra should attack Ginrak again. Lurn will cast Toll The Dead on the orange hob, and Fand will throw another stone (Lurn will probably have to enchant a few for him).

Toll The Dead: 1D8 = [6] = 6
1D12 = [3] = 3

((Dodge makes no difference if I don't use an attack roll. XD))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:58 pm

"Well? Did you see them? What happened?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 pm

((Does Celus have anything? Attack the first general if he can. Was busy earlier and you only reminded me on Jolly and Dama, but don't see him having gone down.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 pm

"Ah saw roads. Maybe where yer friend was recently? Maybeh if we conc'trate on a place we maybeh get bett'r results."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 am

((It can't be I forgot which group Celus was in...well that changes Arbelm's action to moving to flank and attacking the cleric hob, and still missing!))

On seeing Kroshav go down Celus gives an angry shout swings high. Fadris lifts her warhammer and blocks it but before she has a chance to respond further the half elf steps in, lets the sword slide down the haft of the hammer and rams the tip of his long sword into the general's armpit. Fadris looks like she wants to say something as she crumples to the floor. Ginrak does say something that sounds very much like the general's name before Indra, ignoring the smoke, slips her rapier in between a joint in his armor and his cry turns to a gagging gasp as he slumps forward.

Jesp hops over the prone forms of Ginrak, Kroshav to stand where Arbelm just was to also join in attacking the cleric hob. The cracking of bones is audible over the yells and burning of the tent. Amar and Ern are both overcome with coughing but still try to loose arrows into the hobs in front of them. Neither of the arrows come close to their targets.
Outside the tent the orange marked hob cleric winces in pain as distant bells toll but winces even more as Fand bounces a rock off her head with an unpleasant, wet crunch. The remaining hob outside the tent casts an anxious look towards the tent.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq <-----
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (KO, dying)
Ginrak (KO, dying)
Team Kroshav

((Indra still has her movement if you'd like to shift her somewhere? The fire is hot...))
Maps:
Inside
► Show Spoiler
Out
► Show Spoiler
---
Joe and Ves ponder the magic of the mirror. If Ves moves around behind Joe she can see the same view of the road that Joe can see.

Closing her eyes Joe thinks really, really hard on the person she wants to see in the mirror and says the magic word and...the mirror goes back to being a normal mirror and she sees herself looking back. Saying the word again while concentrating again just shows her a stretch of road, almost definitely the same she saw last time the first time she said the word.

((Can I get an intelligence roll from Joe and Ves, Ves gets advantage.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:57 am

Jaq looks with concern at the very fiery tent and the people in his squad that have been in there a LONG time.
Jaq will sneak north 15 feet and then shoot an arrow at the lone enemy near the north of him.
(Unsure if he has advantage from hiding, I'm thinking he would, but he'll roll both ways)
Longbow attack: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
[/url [url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=233150]Attack roll if he has advantage: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18

_: 1D8+6 = [7]+6 = 13

Sneak damage if he gets it: 2D6 = [5, 3] = 8

If that creature goes down, he will use his cunning action to move to the slit in the fire tent and peek inside. If the creature does not go down, he will use any leftover regular movement to get closer to the tent opening, but instead using cunning action to hide.

(Wow, I messed that syntax up with cut and pasting to the point I'm not even sure how to fix it!!)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:28 am

Jaq sneaks forward and shoots a completely unaware half hobgoblin/bugbear looking person hustling to the west in the side. They stop as the arrow hits them, reach down to look at the blood on their side and arrow protruding before tipping over in a heap where they stand. Before heading up to the tent and looking inside seeing that the fire is, if anything, worse inside. The smoke make some of the details hard but he sees a number of downed hobs laying on the floor and it appears that Kroshav is also down.

((Just took out a bystander!))

Outside the tent the red marked hob calls to those inside the tent. He gets a response, and not seeming to like the answer, disengages and moves 30' to the east. Inside the tent the two warrior hobs begin coughing and swing rather wildly. Ern doesn't manage to get out of the way and drops with a gash across his chest but Amar easily side steps the blow.
The hobgoblin cleric considers the downed general and then her downed body guard briefly before assessing the two half elves and dwarf surrounding them and the fire. The cleric's hand almost reaches for the general before deciding better and instead disengages and runs out of tent past the coughing pair of warriors (the cleric is just beyond where the orange one died).

On the floor Ginrak and Fadris's blood join the rapidly growing puddle around Kroshav.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (KO, dying)
Ginrak (KO, dying)
Team Kroshav (PM another death save. The rest of the team can go here!)<-----

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 pm "Ah saw roads. Maybe where yer friend was recently? Maybeh if we conc'trate on a place we maybeh get bett'r results."
Ves frowns. "All right, let's figure it out later. I'd like to be somewhere safe by nightfall. Let's head back to the road."