Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:11 am

Kroshav stoically casts bless on himself, Jaq and Joe, then sets the torch aside and lights up Sword.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 am

((The door with lots of spiders would put Jaq 70ft south of where the party was last pictured and where Joe could see the webs. He would also hear the sounds from the entrance of that room much, much clearer than the others. If that is the case Kroshav wouldn't have been able to bless Jaq, unless Jaq dashes up to the rest of the party?

Joe using the light from the others, and assuming they didn't back all the way up with her so she couldn't see, would be 120ft away from where she shot the webs. That'd put her just past the first door you see to the west of where you were last pictured.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:09 am

((If Jaq's not there to bless, Kroshav would have held off, as a frequent attacker, Jaq's his main target to bless, Lurn and/or Joe are a bonus.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 am

(I was a bit confused as to where party was, sorry) Jaq would have been to the south of party, but not that far south, About 30 feet south of them.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:56 am

”Ah cannae stand spid’rs.”Joe will be juuust far enough to barely see with darkvision, ready to firebolt anything coming in the way.

(Phobia>reasoning)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:15 pm

((Okay, just so I am clear on placement now:

Joe is about 30 west of last pictured, Lurn and Kroshav have not moved and Jaq is 30 south of Lurn and Kroshav?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:01 pm

That's good for Jaq. "They are coming from all directions, I'll be heading toward you two shortly. "

He then casts minor illusion, makes it into a thin rock wall at his max size, 5 cubic feet, and then he moves behind it and hunkers down a bit so he is 'hidden' behind it. He makes it so that he is hidden from enemies approaching from the south.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:36 pm

((Yeah, Lurn should absolutely be lowest priority for Bless, considering the majority of his stuff comes through basically DoTs and heals.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 am

((So bless to Jaq and Joe. Yeah, third bless was usually Ves, then Celus or Jolly. With them gone it goes to Joe. Lurn would mostly benefit from save bump.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:44 pm

((Okay, I will start things off tomorrow. You might as well all give me initiative rolls now too based on Joe shooting anything appearing.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

(I guess I should clarify, anything that is a spider/spider like)

Init: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Halfling reroll

Init: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Oh yea sooooo much better dice

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:18 pm

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

You know, I have to wonder how we can know for two rounds that they're coming and still roll so badly, but I guess they were preparing before that. XD
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:36 pm

((Thanks for jinxing me... ))

Initiative: 1D20 = [2] = 2
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:06 am

((Rolled a one and three twos for initiative? Wow. Okay NSF, break the mold there.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:45 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:55 am

As Joe flees west and Jaq hides to the south both Lurn and Kroshav stay steadfast in the middle of the intersection.

The first to see what is coming from the south is Jaq. Seven large spiders skitter out of the doorway to the larger room and up towards the intersection. Some are on the floor, some are on the ceiling and some are on the wall but they all look to be in a hurry. A few reach the edge of the light being cast by Kroshav's torch, light reflecting off their black eyes. One on the floor moves quite close to Jaq and stops its dash north to turn and inspect the spot the elf is hidden.

((It is 10 feet from Jaq. Give me an animal handling please.))

From the north Lurn and Kroshav (and Jaq if he looks) spot a similar number of large spiders as they enter the light. Everyone but Jaq can see that something is happening around the webbing that is smoldering away, it is difficult to tell what exactly is being done but there is a lot of movement and occasionally parts of the smoldering web darken only to flare up again.

From her position Joe doesn't see anything yet.

((Please give me a nature roll on the spiders if you think it is appropriate to you characters Dlover and Spider.))

Initiative:
South ???
Jaq (Bless)
North ???
East ???
Joe (Bless)<----
Lurn
Kroshav (Bless)
((Apologies for the delays, I have been absolutely slammed this week.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:12 am

Joe holds a firebolt for any spider she sees.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 am

((Lurn is up))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:09 am

animal handling: 1D20 = [8] = 8

(Jaq was actually gonna snipe at the first spider or two when he sees them, but when he sees that many coming, he would have changed his mind to see what is actually going on)

(How far away is Jaq from Lurn and Kroshav?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:45 am

((He did travel solo for a while, so may have had some experience with spiders before.))

((Or... maybe not.... Spider knowledge?: 1D20-2 = [1]-2 = -1
))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:33 am

Nature: 1D20-1 = [7]-1 = 6
Since back when we encountered the giant centipede we'd thought it was a spider and Lurn had gotten very excited saying that someone he'd trained with had a pet spider.

So since it is spiders and Joe evidently has no intention of considering not upsetting the spiders, I'm gonna call it a yes on activating the held Spirit Guardians, naming our group for unaffected targets.

For Lurn's action... Have the Spiritual Weapon attack any spider near the intersection, and Toll the Dead that one afterward.

Spiritual Weapon Attack: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
1D8+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Toll The Dead damaged; undamaged: 2D12 = [9, 10] = 19
2D8 = [2, 3] = 5

Two rolls for TTD, first if Spiritual Weapon hits, the second if it doesn't.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 am

((Can you roll the damage for the spirit guardians now please Dlover))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:20 pm

I can pre-roll a few of them, sure? But since Spirit Guardians isn't just a bang done AoE like Fireball, we have it so each enemy rolls their own damage don't we? So, uh, how many are we going to need? For now, here's a half dozen;

Spirit Guardians damages: 3D8 = [2, 4, 3] = 9
3D8 = [3, 1, 3] = 7
3D8 = [4, 4, 6] = 14
3D8 = [1, 3, 7] = 11
3D8 = [4, 4, 1] = 9
3D8 = [2, 7, 4] = 13
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:46 am

((Would have been happy with one for all of them! Several spiders are around 20ft north and south of the intersection. Lurn is closer to the southern spiders so I'll drop the spirit hammer there. Real update later tonight!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:36 am

((There? Spirit Guardians centres on the caster and sticks around there for anything that comes into range, so it'll be around the intersection area where we are, though?))
My game:

My characters: