Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:25 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Lurn
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Kroshav
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:31 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:03 am

Kroshav and Lurn
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:04 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:52 am

Lurn and Kroshav
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:29 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:31 pm

Lurn and Kroshav
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 am

Lurn and Kroshav
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:54 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:34 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:13 am

((Welcome back to a single thread, only Jaq in spoilers for now!))

Kroshav rushes down the steps and scoops Joe. At a glance he can see that her hands are mangled and oozing blood, her face is a swollen mess of bruising. On hitting the mud Kroshav immediately notices that the floor beneath the lower calf deep, sucking mud is uneven and, in some places, almost rounded. His tracks quickly fill in behind him.

Joe you awaken to a world of pain and can feel yourself being carried. Opening your eyes as wide as you can you can just make out the shadowy form of Kroshav carrying you. There is a squelching sound and yelling coming from somewhere.

Lurn gets to the base of the stairs. Looking behind him he sees a pair of drow following, but still no drider. The pair take notice of their fallen companions and, after a word to each other, take a step out of view. Lurn can them talking to someone else a few moments later.

At the bottom of the stairs both Lurn and Kroshav see an open space (20' by 20') with three narrow corridors leading off it.

(One action a piece before the pursuit takes it's.)

Jaq
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:35 am

"Hey Cap'n! Good to have you back! You know this area at all?"

"Hey Lurn, look! Joe's back. Oh... should I have let you bring her up? I can knock her out again if you want..."

He shifts his grip on her so she can look around at a more natural position. He'll keep moving forward, and take a look at the entrances to the three corridors, looking for tracks that might indicate travel either more frequently or more recently down one more than the others.

Survival: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

((If you want it to be Perception instead, drop that to 16, if you want it to be Investigation, to 13.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:50 am

Joe initially only opens her eyes a bit to see what is going on, thinking the drow may torture her if they think she is alive. She fully opens her eyes when she feels Kroshav carrying her. She tests out her hands to see if they are any better after the healing and see if she can cast any better.

"Kroshav, Lurn it so good ta see ye two lugs. Ah...donnae know tha area...it were dark n Ah couldna see what be goin' on. Jaq was fightin' tha drow n Ah got free ta help but...he were gone. Did ye see him on yer way 'ere?

...Why would tha matt'r if Lurn be tha one ta get me up? Please donnae knock me out."

"Ah'm afraid Ah cannae be much use ta ye....me hands be messed up from wha thay did ta meh.

"Ah....Ahm sorry. It be me fault we be in this mess. Ah...Ah shoulda told ye guys tha Ah have a fear of those spid'rs. N Ah tend ta shoot first at somethin' tha' spook meh."

(If able she'll conjure a staff so that she can cast big boy spells)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:58 pm

"Lets just have her awake. I can only cast one more significant spell." To start with, Lurn will be wading as far into the mud as he can, but after that depends; judging by the consistency of the mud, his he uses Mold Earth to pull it together into a wall, would it stay up for anything more than a moment? Like, at least for one round?
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:38 pm

Once Lurn gets started into the main room Kroshav is able to make out a little more of the three paths. All three look to be well used but only the one in the middle has still kinda wet tracks. It is hard to tell what made the tracks though, the look more like evenly spaced smears on the stone floor. He is also able to make out a slight rise in the middle passage, maybe more than the other paths.

Mikram tells Lurn,

"Aye don't see anything up any of the tunnels. We are now on the snake's level an' we just barged in without asking-"

He is cut off by shouts from up the stairs to the drow level.

((@Lost, Until Joe gets back up to full health she still needs that DC12 sleight of hand for each time she cast somatic components. She can conjure a staff but, as with the bearing, she will need to make a sleight of hand to hold it.
@Dlover, the mud is too wet to make any kind of barrier for more than a heart beat. You could make the bottom five feet of the steps difficult terrain as well?
@Spider, Kroshav could make it to any of the three tunnels and step out of the mud if he would like.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:04 am

No point making an extra five feet into difficult terrain, might as well just use the action to Sprint along with Kroshav. "Let's hope the drow won't come any further, and that this snake lady will grant us some clemency."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:03 am

((Which reminds me, can I get a dex save from Lurn please!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:48 am

"Middle one looks used, and it's a bit higher. We taking that one?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly