Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 pm

((Yep, sounds good. Drop one, move on to the next!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:42 pm

((Lurn should know the general direction Gethren left toward and the fireball came from, yeah? He can shout that in response to Joe.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Seeing his enemy has moved and not knowing where, Jaq will move in the direction Jolly is going, not letting him go alone. He will head towards the tree line staying 20 feet south of Jolly. If he sees an enemy in that direction he will stop and fire at it. Then continue with the rest of his movement. If he doesn't see an enemy, he will using his cunning action to dash and move further towards the forest. He will use his action to attack if he sees something, or he will use his action to hide otherwise. If attacking, he will try to use his movement to end up behind some cover from whatever he attacked.
(sorry for delay, day/evening got crazy.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:36 am

Joe scampers into the forest after hearing from Lurn that the last bolts of magical energy that came at him had come from somewhere to the southeast, but he isn't sure how far away they were.

Jaq decides to cover Jolly and moves west, Jolly is startled to see the elf come charging out of the darkness yelling,

"Gods damn it Jaq."

He quickly recovers and turns his gaze back to the trees. Jaq follows his gaze into the forest and, with his darkvision letting him see further, doesn't see anything. A glance to the north does show something moving between the trees a bit further in, he has a shot but it would be tricky.

((There is something in the trees about 90 ft northwest of Jaq, it is in far enough in the trees that it has 3/4 cover. Still want to take the shot?))

Ealu burst out of forest with vigor, nearly stomping Joe as she scrambles in. She asks

<Why are you talking so fast? I'm here! Oh. They are too far to squish with my hooves. Next time!>

((She doesn't have enough to get there without a dash, parked her a bit north of Cary. Okay? If you kill all the zombies this round she won't be close enough.))

Kroshav moves forward to start his zombie eradication but once he moves to stand next to Celus and attack purple/green he sees Celus and Indra both stiffen.

Kroshav
► Show Spoiler
((Give me a wisdom save with advantage Kroshav.))

Indra turns and stabs at her cousin as blood trickles from her ears, Celus is on the move and the jab fortunately misses but unfortunately it is because he is swinging at Kroshav. The half-elf manages to catch the dragonborn despite his faster than normal reactions. Blood trickles from Celus's ears as he stops and looks at his sword. He blinks at Kroshav and mumbles,

"Wha...? What happened? My head... Indra?" Indra only shakes her head confusedly. They both are looking very unwell now.
((Continuing on your attack run Spider? All of this happened when you entered range before your attack.))

Order:
Indra -33hp
Gethren -14hp
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -28hp <------
Celus -31hp
Dead hobs
Lurn -17hp
Gapa
Jolly -2hp
Cary -19 hp
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:33 am

Wisdom save: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [9, 13]+4 = 17

((They look unwell HP wise, or residual effect from the thing that made them attack?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:27 am

((Health wise. Kroshav wouldn't be able to determine if there are any lingering effects from a glance. Also forgot to update the damage from Celus attack on Kroshav, added above.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 am

(Damn, what sort of spell is that? Kroshav wasn’t originally in that area, but once entered he had to make a will save. And it seems to be non concentration as the black stuff is there. )

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:37 am

((There are two non-zombie enemies, maybe two casters.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:52 am

(That still does not explain how Kroshav was affected)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:56 am

(Yes, Jaq will take the not easy shot into the forest. What negatives on the roll?)

He will also say, "Jolly, one enemy, (and then point in the direction of the enemy once Jolly is looking at him.) "About 90 feet in."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:20 am

((None, the target just gets higher AC.))

Jolly looks in the direction indicated and gives a nod.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:39 am

Longbow attack: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

Damage if needed, arrow: 1D8+6 = [4]+6 = 10

Any movement he has left, he will get closer to the enemy, moving into the trees if possible for cover himself. If he hasn't used cunning action, he will use that for more movement.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:42 am

Jaq sees the arrow enter the trees but isn't sure if the arrow connects or not from where he is standing and there is no cry of surprise or pain to let him know.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:45 am

I did a little update above on movement.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:27 am

((Jaq used his cunning action to get to where he is while also staying 20' south from Jolly. Hm. I will say that the target was visible to Jaq before he used it so he can instead move north and keep Jolly about 20' to his west? Sound okay?

Either way there is no chance of making it to the woods, they are around 50-60' away no matter what Jaq does. His new adjusted position puts the person he shot at 65' away.

I will get new maps up after the zombies take their turn.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 am

(that is perfect.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:04 am

((@LostBurns - caster could easily have seen Kroshav coming and held action to cast as soon as they could catch him in the area with the other two.))

"C'monguyswe'vefacedworse,letsfocusupanddothis!"

<IthinktheCap'ndidsomethingthatmademerealfast,it'sprettygreat,Icanmovesuperfast,andswingmyswordreallyfast.IfeellikeIcouldraceyouandCharlie!>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Kroshav rapidly gives a pep talk to Celus and Indra before slicing through the first zombie, moving to the second and repeating the process and finally slicing down the last zombie by the trio.
Celus wipes the blood from his ear, feeling better from both time and seeing Kroshav's quick work. He says,

"Yep, we got this. Going round this tent."

He moves out of sight and quickly the sounds of metal on metal ring out followed by a wet thump.

"Got one!"
((Zombies tomorrow!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:00 pm

((Kroshav shoudl have plenty of movement left, he'll run around beyond them, but not approach any zombies closer than the edge of his dim radius, just looking to find targets for next turn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 am

Kroshav moves forward and lights a couple new zombies but, more interestingly, lights up a shadow that doesn't disappear and seems to be moving and wrapping around itself. It floats slightly above the ground and is definitely watching Kroshav as he moves.

As Kroshav is watching the shadow a pair of zombies shamble forward to join the other zombie behind Lurn before attacking. Fortunately, the hobzombies are not well coordinated and only one lands a glancing blow. Nearer to Kroshav a pair of zombies engage the weakened Celus, still happy over his success. The first zombie rams a sword into Celus chest and falls with a gurgle to ground, pulling the zombie's sword free. The other zombie lets the fallen half elf lay and moves to engage Kroshav but is unable to attack.
The shadow in the forest glides to a point directly north of Kroshav (35' away) and Indra slaps her hands over her ears and cries,

"No, no."
Kroshav and Cary both hear,
► Show Spoiler
((Give me a flat wisdom save for Cary and a wisdom save with advantage for Kroshav.))

Order:
Indra -33hp
Gethren -14hp
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -28hp
Celus -45hp (Down)
Dead hobs
Shadow
Lurn -20hp<------
Gapa
Jolly -2hp
Cary -19 hp

((Map:
► Show Spoiler
))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:53 am

Wisdom save: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

((Edit also she has resistance to charm effect spells like Crown of Madness...))
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:04 am

Lurn starts by activating Hidden Step, turning invisible, then circles around purple (15' movement) and moves another 15' east from there. From there, he activates Turn Undead. That should catch all of the zombies, DC16 wisdom save, CR 1/2 or lower enemies that fail the save will be destroyed outright.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:57 am

((Yep, it's not a charm. Indra and Celus are half elves as well.))

Cary shakes off whatever that was, but it was confusing and distressing.

Lurn disappears, to the complete disinterest of the zombies, and moves to stand southwest of the zombie that downed Celus. He lifts his shield and calls on his god and a cleansing light seeming appears to grow out of empty air to engulf all the zombies. The zombies in light pause, stiffen and burn away into ash leaving only armor, weapons and a single bow-tie behind.
The figure in the trees that Jaq shot at points its hand towards Jaq and Jolly and a line of fire burns out to a point between the pair. Jolly has time to spin and raise his shield towards the spreading fire and say,

"Gods da-"

Before the fireball engulfs him and Jaq.

((Dex save from Jaq please!))
The figure in the woods moves quickly away to the north and Jolly charges after it calling back to Jaq,

"Come on."

He puts on an extra burst of speed (action surge) and catches the figure before yelling helpfully,

"Its that one lady."

Order:
Indra -33hp
Gethren -14hp
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -28hp
Celus -45hp (Down)
Dead hobs
Shadowthing
Lurn -20hp
Gapa
Jolly -15hp
Cary -19 hp<------

Map:
No zombies visible. The shadow thing is 35' north of Kroshav, 55' east of Joe. It is in the trees and has half cover. Jolly is in Gapa's business, Gapa has 3/4 cover from where Jaq is currently standing (blocked by Jolly and trees) and Gethren is ???.
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:46 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:58 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in: