Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 am

Jolly gives a shrug,

"Sure. Ya can take the map if ya need something translated. Ya ain't gonna save the city just to screw me."

He rises to walk over and talk to Joe.

"Hey, ya want to explore some ruins with me?"

((Joe is a gal pretty sure and the bird is a guy :)))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:58 pm

((Sorry burns/joe! my bad!))

Ves follows him out.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm

"O' course Ah want ta explore some ru'ns. Wha' kinda archl'gist would Ah be if Ah didn't? O' what 'istroic'l sight we may find!"

(Its compleatly reasonable considering her name!)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm

"O' course Ah want ta explore some ru'ns. Wha' kinda archl'gist would Ah be if Ah didn't? O' what 'istroic'l sight we may find!"

(Its compleatly reasonable considering her name!)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Jolly just stares at Joe processing what she said before slowly shaking his head,

"Great. Ves says we need more money. Guess ya get to be the backer."

At this point the gnome from the Rusty Dagger, and rooftops by the Prefect's place, arrives at the door of the warehouse and smoothly sidesteps in before stepping backwards using the wall of the warehouse to be obscured from the view of people walking by. He gives Jolly a once over before saying,

"Ye been busy ain't ye? After that stunt wit the crowd back there ye two," he points at Lurn and Ves, "got the guards buzzin' like a kick nesta wasps. Mistress been told an' she ain't gonna like it. Ye two get locked up now ye ain't gonna make it out again now, Prefect's boys'd see to that. Why'd ye have to go round tellin' every man, woman an' child wha' ye did?"

Jolly coughs a little at that and looks longingly towards his waterskin.

The gnome rubs his stubbly scalp. "Ye need to get outta town fast or find a place to dig in till we can make it too much trouble at kill ye. Lucky for ye I can help ye with either."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Ves just sighs and shakes her head at Lurn.

"See, this is why you don't tell everything you know to everyone you meet.

[to the gnome:]...I assume the Prefect needs someone to blame for all this?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:50 pm

"Thay be hon'rless hereti'cs blamin em! Ah'm guessin' tha dinnae want people ta know it'd be tha pref'cts fault in all this. But tha ain't tha only ones tha truley know wha 'appened tha night. "

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:36 am

Lurn looks highly offended. Very highly, "You keep saying this, but I quite literally told nobody of our involvement in that bar the lady of the Rusty Dagger, and as I recall you made no attempt to hide the truth from Jolly. Now never mind that, this map, there is one language on it I can't read. Of the others, there are notes about skeletons, a temple, some sort of "older' god, a still pool which showed no reflection, light in a fog. We know where we're going with our time, and it's wherever this map leads. Matters related to the gods cannot be left ignored, and if those skeletons are animate then it is my duty to return them to the grave. We're going. If you have any hesitations then I shall pay you. Despite your rudeness in regularly accusing me of actions I haven't taken."

((The one language on there Lurn can't read is Gnomish. Elven and Dwarven he can read.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 am

The gnome shrugs,

"To blame, ya but it ain't great the two of ye non-elf outsiders saved Stenrek. Far as I know Prefect ain't back but I'd put platinum on his knowing what happened."

The gnome digs in his ear while Lurn talks waiting for him to finish and Jolly looks worried and then mildly pleased that Lurn seems to be onboard. The gnome says,

"Great. Yer leaving then? How long? Least a couple weeks... If ya give me an hour an I can get horses and food for ye outsida town." He looks at Lurn again and makes a face, "Make it two."

He looks between Joe and Jaq and then at Jolly,

"Haven't heard anything 'bout the two of ye and yer gonna keep yer mouth shut right?"

(There are two more languages on the map that no one in the group can read)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 am

(Woops, missed the mention of those. Well, make that three he doesn't know, then.
Don't suppose Joe knows Comprehend Languages, Burns?)

"Take the one. I am a cleric on pilgrimage, and of healthy build. To find a horse which can match my stamina while carrying me would require you find the most sturdy of warhorses the city has to offer."
Lurn looks to Ves, "You will need a way to hide your appearance on the way out of the city. My people have ample ability to disguise ourselves, so you are the only one we need concern ourselves over."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:48 am

"Ah will keep my mouth shut fer now, but tha people need ta know. Tha pref'ct cannae be trust'd. Thar should be a rec'rd o wha tha pref'ct want'd o tha alchm'st. Ah suspect gettin tha informat'n willnae be easy, n possibly be destroy'd o alt'r'd when we get back if it aint now."

(She does not have comprehend languages)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:30 am

(Welp, those two go untranslated, three if nobody knows Gnomish... I guess this is why Lurn is below average intelligence; he spent too much time studying languages. XD)
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:47 am

((Joe speaks Gnomish, and Joe and Jaq did explain everything to the Councilor.

There are smaller towns along the way to get things translated.))

The gnome scoffs

"Yer telling me ye can out run a horse? Ye ain't that big. Find ye a big draft horse, ye ain't goin'to war."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am

After hearing what is all going on, Jaq ponders quietly for a while, then looks up and states, "Yes. Yes, I will come with you. But I must go to my house first and get my pack and supplies. And let my father know I'll be heading out for a few weeks at least. I'm certain he will argue a bit, but he knows that I've been training and wanting to see the world...so.... I can meet you outside the city, or I can meet you back here, what will it be?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 am

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:47 am ((Joe speaks Gnomish, and Joe and Jaq did explain everything to the Councilor.

There are smaller towns along the way to get things translated.))

The gnome scoffs

"Yer telling me ye can out run a horse? Ye ain't that big. Find ye a big draft horse, ye ain't goin'to war."
She does? She speaks halfling and primordial but not gnomish

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 am

((I need to check the Google doc!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 am

(We have a gnome right here that knows nearly all our business already anyhow, let's have him translate!)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 am

"Suit yourself. A horse with the power to carry one of my size is not likely to move quickly, though. Particularly not a draft horse."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 am

Ves looks at Lurn passively while he tells her off, holds eye contact for a few more seconds then shrugs.
"There's no point arguing about it now, what's done is done. But to be clear to all of you, Jolly's the lead client on this venture and I'll get us there, but I don't want any unnecessary surprises. Don't tell folk more than the minimum from now on unless you want to draw the attention of bandits and thieves. Our trip isn't secret, but it's no-one else's business either. It'll already be dangerous enough. Jolly - you ready to go now? I need you to dump the booze."

She pulls out the beer and whiskey gifts the crowd gave her and hands them to the

To the gnome: "If Lurn is safe enough walking out the gates under magic, then I guess it's just me who needs your services today. I'll give you a list of the supplies we need as we walk. "

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 am

((Ya, gnomish was marked incorrectly on the main page for Joe. Also guessing that Ves doesn't want the gnome to look at the map?))

Jolly looks at his booze and then as Ves hands off more to... ?... resignedly.

"Ya, I'm ready. Don't got a lot of food but I guess we can grab that on the road. Do I get a horse?"

The gnome moves to the door and looks up and down the street surreptitiously while Ves is talking to the others and looks back when addressed, back to the wall, and says,

"Ya, ye do but no ye ain't gonna. Ye are gonna stay put here till I get back. Tell me what ye need an I'll get it together or some coin to get it on the road."

He points at Joe and Jaq,

"Ye two don't got any heat on ye so ye can wander. If ye want to go camping with these two," gestures at Lurn and Ves, "we will cover it for a bit but'im," points at Jolly, "don't mean shit to us and we ain't gonna drop coin on 'im."

He looks over the assembled faces to ensure he has been understood, staring longest at Ves.

"Which direction ye headed first?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 am

((oops! Totally dropped that line of thought! Shell give them to Jolly's boss))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 am

((Jolly's boss is still out in the road but setting it on a crate would probably be okay, and if Ves follows the gnome's recommends she can discuss it with good ol' Daren))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

"Yeah yeah, I hear you. We've coin for his stuff and I'm sure Joe and Jaq can chip in a bit more for their stuff if they have any specific needs. I just need some refills on spices, food and water, and some new snares. If you can get me some wire, they're easy enough to make."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 am

"Not gonna be a problem. Which direction ye heading? Easier for me to get things where ye need them if ye tell me that."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:20 am

"North"

((It is north, right? :lol: ))