((So, what's the plan?))

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Heading down, this time with lights.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:35 pm

((Yep. Kroshav will tell Sword that he has to hold a torch right now, and they don't know if there's anything dangerous down here, but to be ready.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Joe has her lantren lit abd ready to see what lies below.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:24 am

((Can i get a perception check from everyone, please.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:14 am

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Per: 1D20 = [4] = 4

Yep that is a bookshelf

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Perception: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

So is this where we plead the ruling of "active perception can't miss something passive perception would find?" XD
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 pm

((Here we were counting on Mr. Perceptive... :) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:21 am

((Passive is the floor so Lurn always does a good job, just checking if anything else is noticed.))

Sword sends a feeling of understanding to Kroshav.

As the party reached the bottom of the stairs they all spot the doorways. They can see two to doorways to the left and right spaced 30' feet apart and ahead on either side of the hallway there are also doors spaced 30' across from each other.

Lurn spots sconses on the walls which don't look like normal torch sconses but either way are dark. Lurn also faintly hears something from down the other set of stairs.

((So two doors to the left, two to the right and four straight ahead that you can see.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:24 am

((What's the dimensions of the room? Struggling to wrap my head around it. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:54 am

((Big, it is like the room above. From where you are you don't see the far walls in any direction. I have only described the areas visible. Jaq and Joe see additional doors beyond the light in all three directions but don't see the far walls either.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:56 am

((Ah, ok... starting to wonder if I misunderstood the room above as well! So hallways and doorways, but we can't see any of the walls? Are these passages through shelves?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:01 pm

"Not down these steps yet, lets go....this way." and Jaq starts heading towards the door that is to the left and closest to him. He has his bow in hand, and his hood of his cloak still up.

As he walks he is also watching to see if any area of the floor stops being cleaned up, and gets really dusty again, like it was upstairs.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:14 pm

((No shelves at all on this floor. I think Lost wrote something about shelves? You can't see the far wall of the overall big room but there are inner walls and doors. I'll make up a Roll20 map tomorrow, probably should have before. It's pretty simple once you see it.))

The floor is immediately dusty once he moves away from the stairs but on this floor there are far more tracks in the dust than above. Some coming out of his targeted door.

((Give me a survival roll please NSF))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Lurn gives a soft "Shhh," tilting his head for a moment before speaking quietly, "I can hear something further below, but I'm not sure what."
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Joe nods her head and readies a firebolt, aiming down the stairs down.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Kroshav props Torch against a wall, and draws free Sword.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:48 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:17 am

The tracks in the dust are a muddled mess but they are certainly not hundreds of years old. Just guessing by the size there have been a few people down here, and he can say people because it looks like they were wearing shoes or boots.

The rest of the party turn their attention to the stairs down, which like the two, descend a distance before turning sharply and presumably continuing further down. As Lurn listens to the sound the more he gets the sense that it is too regular to be a person or creature. More like water dripping or the ticking of a clock.

(Map a bit later)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 am

((And the map of what you currently see. It shows what everyone sees.
► Show Spoiler
The set of stairs to the left go up and the ones to the right go down. You can't actually see around the stairs turn as shown but it gives you the idea of how the stairs turn.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 am

Lurn eases slightly, "It's a regular sound, consistent. Not like a creature, but I can't rule out a golem of some sort."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 am

(Nice map, thanks!)
Jaq will move 10 feet west and then poke his head into the open door and take a look.