Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 pm

((Not exactly Lost.
► Show Spoiler
I have been describing things as you go indicating there was a collaboration of races that built it.

Everyone knows this was library.

That said:))

It strikes Joe as being odd that she hasn't heard about whatever this place was before. Not even a mention. It's not that old, couple thousand years tops, and must have been big.

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:02 pm

Joe tries to scour the shelves as the group walks around, trying to find any book that is still intact.

(That's what I meant, I miscommunicated, sorry. And of course it's a library :P)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:45 am

((Roll me an investigation check Lost.

Describe to me the process of getting Charlie down the hole. I am very interested :D))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 am

Invest: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18



As for Charlie....Spider horse spider horse, can climb down thanks to spider climb

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:04 am

((General idea I think would be to tie a lead to him, get him spidering, then Kroshav coaxing with Ealu translating/encouraging, gradually get him on a wall or ceiling, them slowly bring him down. Having her makes is more likely than otherwise!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm

((Ealu will make it far more likely to work, i really like thinking through this situation.

Let's start with, after the spell is cast, a performance roll (unless you can make an argument for another roll) for Kroshav trying to explain what is happening to Ealu.))

Joe thinks someone was here and took many of the books and scrolls, but not all. That was a long, long time ago though.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:39 pm

"It'll be easy Charlie! Just step up like this..." Kroshav tries to plant both feet on a wall, kicking off to keep from falling, "...except you've got the Cap'n's spell on you, so you'll stick to it."

Performance: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:12 pm

(Okay after the spider horse, Joe is going to try to get any remaining scrolls/books)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:52 pm

((Thought I had replied here? Guess not.))

Ealu watches Kroshav as does Charlie. There is some sniffling and whinnying back and forth followed by a long silence. Then Ealu says,

<Um. I'm not sure explained it good? He says he is going to fall. I think he is going to fall. You fell. Maybe if I try first then he will do it?>

Then,

<You promise I won't fall? If I do the thing you couldn't do?>

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:53 pm

"Joe didn't cast the spell on you... though maybe we should have done that. Then you could have shown Charlie how to do it..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 pm

((I'm guessing that Joe would have waited for the go ahead from Kroshav before casting? Maybe not though?))

There is more whinnying then a stomp from Charlie.

Ealu says,

<In that case he would rather jump down? If you are going to make him. Otherwise he says, no.>

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:03 pm

((Oh, perhaps. I was just going off you saying the performance roll came after the spell, but if Joe would have waited until Kroshav explained things, then Ealu could have gone first. It's a spell slot to get her down either way, just whether it's coming from Joe or Kroshav. If we rest after this, Joe could regain one via Arcane Recovery, yes?))
Rodgeir wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm
Let's start with, after the spell is cast, a performance roll (unless you can make an argument for another roll) for Kroshav trying to explain what is happening to Ealu.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:14 pm

((Ah, yep. I wrote that but then later thought, why would you cast it before you even got confirmation from Charlie that it was a go? It is up to Joe what she would have done!))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13999
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:34 pm

"We could just... Loop a couple of ropes under him, connect them with something to properly support him, and lower him down? A horse is heavy, sure, but between us all we should be able to support his weight."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Joe will wait on Kroshav. ”Ah thought ye can summon ‘er by yer side like a famil’r? Nah offence Kroshav but Ah already used a couple 2nd lev’l spells on tha stubbr’n rock n Ah’d rather nay use more spells thab need’d.”

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:46 pm

"I can't just poof her away and poof her back like you can with Ruby. It takes me a good ten minutes of praying and stuff... but it doesn't sound like Charlie's gonna do it unless she goes first and shows him how. If you don't have the magic for it, that's fine, I'll just keep breaking up this stone until they can walk down safe."

Kroshav gets out his hammer and sets to work on the remnants of the boulder, breaking them up to small enough portions to fill in the gaps, scavenging dirt, shelves, whatever's needed to make a ramp for the horses. He's not leaving them up there in the cold.

((If you want an Athletics roll.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:00 am

Getting a no from Joe Kroshav sets to breaking the already weakened boulder with a vigor. Finding a a big crack he whacks at it. At first there is nothing, but as the acid widens the crack there is stone grinding on stone sound and a pop. Taking a step back and then hitting the spot again causes a quarter of the remaining boulder to immediantly fall away with a crash down the stairs while the rest slowly rolls a few feet down before crumbling into a pile of sharp edged stones. Most of these smaller bits of boulder skid down to the bottom of the stairs.

After a half hour Kroshav is able to clear enough stone to make a path on the stairs and in the entrance wide enough for the horses. Kroshav gets,

<Why didn't you just do that?>

((I don't think I mentioned this but the shelves look to have been carved out of the stone of the room. They also may or may not be the reason the ceiling hasn't collapsed yet.

The stairs, for all intents and purposes, are now cleared. No crit shall go wasted!))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:04 am

While Kroshav does that, Joe gathers any avaliable scrolls/books from the shelves.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:10 am

Kroshav has Ealu come down first, making sure it's well lit by torches, Lurn, etc. and then has her help coax Charlie down.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:23 am

<Joe's magic would have been faster, but she didn't have enough to do both you and Charlie.>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3198
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:37 am

"Ok, well that was interesting, but we are finally all down here. Do you want the horses to wait in one of the smaller side rooms Kroshav? It might be for the best, we made a LOT of noise and now the stairs are very open. How far away can you be from Ealu and sill hear her?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:30 pm

"Haven't tested it, but a good long way as far as I know."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:28 pm

As Kroshav leads the horses down the stairs Ealu says to him,

<She didn't say that, she said she didn't want to! I understand when they talk, most of the time. It's weird they don't understand me like you do.>

The space isn't exactly spacious with the horses there but the fit and it is warmer, but today already seems warmer than yesterday and all the snow has turned to mud.

Joe goes meticulously between the shelves, hopping occasionally to see the top ones, looking for intact scrolls or books. She finds nothing salvageable, but definitely can tell someone has taken large numbers of the books by the areas devoid of the telltale remains of other books. After she completes her circuit of the archives she'd guess more than half of shelves were cleared. Either that or there had never been anything in those spots, but the spacing and placement of the empty spots would be strange.

((Since the big side paths are collapsed or filled with dirt the horses would need to go down between shelves. It'd require them to squeeze but they can manage it.

Kroshav communicated with Ealu while you were fighting trolls and that was over half s mile, so he knows at least that far.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13999
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:18 pm

"If we leave the horses, I could leave a glowing stone or something so they're not in the dark, but it will only last an hour, so we'll need to come back regularly."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:55 pm

<Well, didn't have it to spare. Comes out to the same thing in the end. Would you like Lurn to leave you a glowing rock? I think we're going to go downstairs soon here, but probably best for you and Charlie to stay up here?>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply