Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:11 pm

The gnomish driver wakes a sleeping a human who drowsily takes their information and lays out payment benefits while Jolly, Kroshav, Lurn and Jaq walk alongside the wagon.

"Sorry but I ain't got any more uniforms and I'm glad to see you boys got gear of your own 'cus we ain't got much armor or weapons left neither. We're gonna stop at Timmer in a few and you can get assigned to an officer then. In the meanwhile I think I got space up here to sit an' rest."

They pass their camp as they move and Jolly waves to Joe and Ves as they move along.

((Conscripts get 3 silver a day, Lurn and Kroshav get 2 gold.

No need to be sorry, I didn't expect everyone to go to the battle.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:30 pm

"I have armour to spare, at the very least. A chain shirt and some sort of chainmail, which seems to be enchanted with Abjuration magic, but that is from a suspicious background, so you would be advised to have it identified before use, lest it be cursed. I was planning to sell them - after identifying the magic - but it seems this is a better cause."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:39 pm

The quarter master rubs his stubbly chin,

"Well I can offer you a voucher for their assessed values payable by the Duchy. Can't do the assessing of the magical stuff myself but maybe we can get one of the wizards to take a look tomorrow?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:58 pm

"So long as it is examined before anyone wears it, I will agree to this."

((Money aside, it frees up a fair bit of my carry weight. XD))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:04 am

He flicks the magic armor (presuming it is pulled out to show him), "Looks like some sort of adamantite blend if ain't far off my guess but hard to say for sure in the half dark. What's abjuration magic do again? Is it the kind that moves you round?" He shakes his head, "You can hold on to that magic armor for now tills we can get a wizard to take a peek at it but the rest I can take off your hands and get it out to the conscripts what need it."

((He is accepting weapons and armor, anything else you want to try and 'sell'?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:32 am

Arcana: 1D20-1 = [11]-1 = 10
"It's, er... Protection, I think? Stuff like that. Makes sense for armour, but I pulled it off an undead in some nasty corrupted place, full of bad magic, so I don't trust it."

Lurn will hand over the chain shirt he has, stowing the magic chain mail again. As for anything else... If there was anything, I never added it to my inventory, so Lurn never picked it up.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:54 am

The quartermaster lifts the chain shirt up and turns it around inspecting it with a critical eye.

"A bit dinged up but nothing too bad, but its big. Which I guess makes sense if it was yours. Anyhow I can find someone it will fit on. Give you a voucher for 40?"

((Didn't look at you inventory but it is open to everyone else too if they have some armor/weapons they'd like to offload. There is also the general need for clothes and food but I don't think any of you had much of that too spare.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:17 am

"It's fortunate that I'm on the smaller side, it should be possible to find someone who can wear it, or it will only need minimal adjustments. That considered, it sounds like a fair offer."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:46 am

Nodding he sets the armor aside and pulls out a small stake of official looking papers and begins filling it out for Lurn. When he is done writing in the details he signs his name before pressing a ring on his finger beside the signature and whispering a few words. A puff of smoke rises from the paper which he then inspects before handing it over to Lurn. An intricate swirling design having been burned where the quartermaster pressed the ring.

"You can exchange that for value at any barracks of size and most tax offices within the Duchy. Gets destroyed or lost - you're shit out of luck."

He pulls out a medium sized ledger and begins filling in something.

"Climb in and make a spot to sit for yourself."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:42 am

"No different than if I were to lose coin, then. I'll not complain. Will water damage it?" Carefully tucking the note away, the firbolg climbs into the caravan and tries to settle in.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 am

"Yep."

Is the distracted reply.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:14 am

((The only stuff Kroshav has is the dwarven stuff, he's waiting to show it to Enrud.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:47 am

Jaq will find a spot in the wagon that is not too full and move a few things and then take a seat.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:26 am

The wagons move on leaving Joe and Ves standing alone in a quiet forest and with a greatly reduced party.

Jaq realizes his trance was undisturbed as he sits, pressed up against Jolly. He feels almost normal. Within a few minutes the bouncing of the wagon has Jolly's head rest peacefully in Jaq's shoulder, drool running freely.

((Are Kroshav and Lurn going to try and sleep on the wagon? If so can I get a wisdom save, beat a 10 and you're golden, miss it and I will need a con save as well.

What are the ladies going to do? Joe has been asleep for about four hours but if the pair decide to skip sleeping I will need a con save (scaled by amount of sleep you managed to get).

Jaq is fine with two hours of light activity, being a pillow just qualifies as such.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:37 am

Before leaving the women, Jaq will wave and say, "If we don't find you before, we will meet again in Stenrek, If needed, leave a message with my father!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Ves waves the group off, and turns to hurry towards the town where Tom and his daughter are holing up.

((In case it's not clear - Ves isn't against helping in the war per se, she just wants to make sure her friends are safe first, and it's not her first choice option. She's persuadable tho))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Wis save: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

Lurn sleeps soundly indeed.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Ves gathers her gear, puts out the fire as she always does, and heads west with Joe in tow. She figures she can probably make it to Uppner a couple hours before lunch. Then it is just another couple days to Skogsur where she hopes to find Tom and Cassie.

Lurn finds a nice pile of empty bags to rest his head against and is quickly in dreamland.

((Con sav from Ves and Joe please.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:55 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:04 am

Kroshav sleeps a bit fitfully but well enough.

Jaq watches as the buildings of Tall come into view again after a couple hour ride. The wagons and most of the conscripts are held back while a check is done of the village. Once the all clear is given the wagons roll south into a field across the road along with most of the soldiers. Many simply collapse to the ground in loose groups but a few maintain a loose patrol of the edge. After taking a few hours of rest a dozen riders, clearly all Guard members, move on to the east. As the sky begins to brighten some groups of conscripts are roused by Guard members and cook fires are started shortly after that a Guard member comes and wakes the quartermaster who in turn informs her about the new recruits.

The half elven corporal with dark rings under her eyes addresses Jaq, Jolly, Lurn and Kroshav loudly,

"Good morning." She waits until everyone is up before continuing, "My name is Corporal Arbelm. You four are with me. You look to be a cut above the others. Any military training or skills I should know about?" She gestures for you to get down and to follow her as you talk.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:01 am

Jaq gets out of the wagon and follows Corporal Arbelm quickly. "I am Jaq, Ma'am. And I plan on staying alive through this problem with the hobgoblins. My three friends and I have worked together for a bit, and taken a few hobs down ourselves, we know each others tactics and I'm glad we are working together still. I'm pretty good with my bow, move pretty fast, and also can be stealthy when needed." He looks back at the others and motions them to get a move on it and get up here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 am

Con [1d20+2] = 8+2 = 10 Joe complains under her breath about damnrd guards waking them up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:21 am

"Lurn, and I'm a cleric. My specialties involve reviving those on the brink of death, but I am also able to enchant small rocks which can be thrown in place of other weaponry; they are not impressive compared to a true weapon in skilled hands, but even in unskilled hands the power of my Lord will guide and strengthen the cast stones."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:27 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 am

((Don't think you're there Joe?))

"Kroshav Xjindraakvar, sworn to The Fist of the Faithful. They let me wield a bit of their divine power in addition to my own."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler