Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:36 am

"I like that you're careful. There were three guys lurking about that I didn't like the look of."

Having been locked in with her, he'll help with Charlie if she permits, but if she seems to want to do everything herself, he'll content himself with just scratching Charlie's head for a bit before wandering to have a look at the rest of the stables.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:46 am

Lurn sets to his standard pre-meal prayer (Purify Food and Drink ritual), then sets to eating, "I'm guessing you paid ahead of time too? How much is our share?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 am

(Yes, it's that or one of the scrolls)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am

Cary turns to look over the sounding area as the final bargining happens. So far she is 0/100 for all the possible leads that have been offered. "What in the hell did this woman get herself into" she states to the gods and no one else in particular.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 am

"Well, I mainly window shopped, buying nothing, but it was a good and relaxing day of, for once, doing nothing! And I enjoyed it. What did the priest at the temple say about the timetable on getting the items ID'd?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:42 am

Yimi nods and reaches under her loose shirt and pulls a nasty looking hooked, jagged foot long dagger out. It looks very sharp and very improvised, cloth wrapped around what was probably metal waste. Without looking at Kroshav she says,

"They don't come round here no more."

She seems like she wants to take care of Charlie herself and puts the blade away, returning to her cooing and brushing.

Kroshav notes the stables are clean and one of the stalls has a makeshift pile of blankets that would be the right size for a little girl's bed.

Inside, Indra answers Lurn,

"Yes, Jaq paid for most of it. You can square up with him."
---
((I gotta check how many gems you have.))

Ghram shakes his head and says,

"We still have the dwarf and the girl to speak to?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am

"I see..."

After wandering around a bit and letting her finish up.

"Did you make that yourself? Did they try to hurt you or the donkey?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:42 pm

"They tried to take Train. Horse like Charlie. Not a forever horse. Now they know not to try and take stuff that ain't theirs. No one tries to take Bites. "

She doesn't look up from her meticulous care of Charlie.
---
((@Burns, your 5 gems are worth 250 gold. You're still 150 short.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Joe frowns and thinks a bit before pulling out a daylight scroll. "Ah'm pretty sure just this by itself would cov'r it, if nay more so, since this be a higher level spell. It be daylight scroll ah got at some ruins tha were over run with undead, ir'nic'y."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Kroshav carefully withdraws a hand that had been extended to pet the donkey.

"Forever horse?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Lurn relays the information on the appraisals (I think it'll be ready tomorrow?)
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:52 pm

Bites looks as innocent as a donkey can look.

"Mmhmm. Like Bites is a forever donkey. Gets to stay with me forever."

Inside Celus says around a mouthful of bread,

"Ya, tomorrow. Something 'bout a box too?"
---
The gnome puts aside his tray of items and comes down the steps to take the scroll and look at it.

"Well, here is the problem, I can't read this. I am sure it is what you say it is, because you've never tried to deceive me, but... Sure. The scroll and gems for the pearl and the scroll."

He extends a hand to Joe.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 am

"Ah, I see. Would you mind if I looked at your knife?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:02 am

She stops brushing Charlie and looks at Kroshav with intense suspicion, and tenses, hand sliding under her shirt to wherever said blade is kept.

"Why ya wanna see it?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:15 am

"Like I said, I used to be a blacksmith. If you're using it to protect Charlie and Bites, I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to break or cut you by accident."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:29 am

She gives Kroshav the 'eye' for a long moment before hoping down, pulling her knife and handing it warily to Kroshav, blade side first.

Once the exchange happens she quickly backs up to her spot by Charlie to keep up her brushing and singing, but unlike before, she doesn't take her eyes off Kroshav.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:34 am

”N tha ink too. Ta be honest Ah cannot eith’r, but Ah trust tha person tha told meh it be daylight.”

Joe shakes on it. (How long does it take to put it in her book? And I realize that Joe is over paying by a lot but she really needs that stuff)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am

((I rolled Int/investigate with smith tool's proficiency... ))

Int plus blacksmith: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

"Huh... ow, that's sharp!"

He'll set it back down so she doesn't have to approach him while he's holding it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:19 am

((You wouldn't have needed to roll, but you won't get much more information than what you initially got!))

Kroshav returns the jagged piece of metal and the girl quickly retrieves it.

"I keep it sharp. You can leave."

She will open the door if he wants to go.
---
After an uncomfortably long hand shake the deal is done. Items are exchanged and the investigation can continue!

((2 hours to get the spell into your book.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:43 am

Kroshav nods and slips out the door, leaving the strangely possessive girl to mind Charlie.

He'll return to the inside and looks for his friends.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Joe looks at Cary ”Can ye give meh a few hours ta put it in me spellbook? Then Ah can identify what goin’ on fer ye, unless ye wish ta have ‘is services while Ah be scribin’”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Kroshav walks back up the alley unmolested and finds a seat near the others and is quickly served, onion soup and fresh bread. After a few minutes some plates of meat covered in garlic cloves and onion are laid out for everyone.

Dama reaches for a pitcher of ale on the table but stops and instead takes some steaming sweet cider, pouring a mug for herself and Jolly. Indra signals she'd like some as well and Dama overfills her mug to the absolute limit with a wide grin before asking asks,

"So what we doing tomorrow? Headin' or what? Sounds like we are done here."
---
The gnome chuckles as he goes back into his wagon,

"Well, I am sorry to say that is not how the spell works. If you need me, for anything," Joe gets a smile, " you know where to find me."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:58 pm

"Welll... the farm that was boarding my horse had a boy that got conscripted... He didn't make it. No body to take his father, but thought he should at least hear it from a friendly face. Anyone know if ours that didn't make it have family?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:06 pm

"We'll want to hold off on leaving until the appraisals at the temple are complete. I'd also like to give my thanks and farewells to those who helped Jaq recover."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 am

Celus nods to Kroshav's response and explains,

"Ya... ya they did have families. Jesp was going to take care of telling them. He'd known them the longest, all their lives I think. I was just living with my sister's family for a bit trying to decide what to do next. Indra was just visiting too on her way back from a job. I know she don't got my looks but she is my cousin or something. My mom's cousin's daughter." He gives Indra a grin and she just keeps eating so he shifts his gaze to Dama.

The tiefling tilts her head and scrunches up her face before sighing and saying, "I...ah... had a pressing need to go an' enjoy nature's bounties where no one knew me a few years ago..." She quickly changes the topic, "So sounds like we are going to be here another day and then headin' west? Works for me."

((So Lurn wants to swing by Lathander's tomorrow to say thanks? Going to Kelemvor's seems like a given as that is where all Jaq's loot is stashed...))