Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:50 am

<We can stay. A rock would be nice, it is very dark here.>

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 am

((Anything else? There are two stairways down, one at the south and one at the north.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am

"Ealu says they'd appreciate the rock, thanks Lurn."

((I think we'd decided to check the stairs near where we came down first, but to consult the golem beforehand?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:13 am

((Lurn has the golem but I figure he would be okay if it was summoned if someone has some questions for it now.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 pm

((Yeah, anyone who wants to summon it can just go ahead.))

Lurn casts Light on a rock, putting it somewhere relatively out in the open. "It will go out after an hour, but we'll try to come back by then to replace it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:10 am

Ealu stomps and rubs her head on Lurn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:59 am

Lurn puts his shield aside and gives Ealu's snout a rub, "I'll take that to be thanks and urging us to be back on time."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:54 am

She nods with her big head and then moves so you can scratch her neck instead.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:57 am

Following her movement, the large man starts scratching at her neck, hand moving in large motions, "You know, my homeland is quite proud of its cavalry, but I don't think I've ever had the fortune to be near such an expressive horse. The gods have truly blessed you by sending her, Kroshav."

((At least, I'm pretty sure from what I vaguely remember Balyon was big into cavalry and elite horses.))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 am

((Yep, horses are a big deal in Balyon. They have the best cavalry and horses in general. Ealu is clearly a step beyond even that!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:32 am

"Yeah, she's pretty great!"

He scratches Charlie in his favorite spot behind the right ear so he doesn't feel too left out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:41 am

Charlie snorts appreciatively.

((So, now the horses are thoroughly taken care of, what are you doing next?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 am

((Check the side rooms, then head downstairs?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:43 am

((One is checked by Jaq and the other has horses in it now, I think?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 am

((Fair enough, just wanted to be sure we'd actually checked them out.))
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 am

'Ok, which stairway do we want to do first, there is the clean one we first found, and a dusty one in back?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 am

"We can probably assume the dusty staircase isn't going to change. Even though things down the cleaner one is probably pretty unlikely to change either, I suggest we go that way."
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:40 am

”Lets go down tha nearest un so we can easily come up fer tha horses. If ye find any book intack please tell meh, Ah’d think they’d most likely beh magic in tha case.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 am

"Yeah, one near our exit. If there's trouble down there, I don't want it keeping us from the exit."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 am

((The horses are in the very middle, west side of the archives so they are technically equidistant from both stairways down. The difference being that it is easier to get to the back ones (dusty ones) because the wider path along the outside edges of the shelves hasn't caved in, if that helps you decide.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am

((I'd rather we explore the clean ones, they're right next to our exit to the surface, I'd rather secure them than leave that a question.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:26 pm

"Ok, let's go check those stairs out then." He will move forward to get to the stairs and then state, "Give me a minute to sneak down without any light and see what I can see from the bottom of the stairs. I'll be right back."
He will sneak down the stairs and stop right at the bottom to take a quick look and see if anything is moving down there. No exploring any further at this point, just making sure the others light sources aren't going to alert something right away."

Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [14, 18]+11 = 29

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Jaq sneaks down the stairs and turns the corner and continues down to the floor below. He notes the floor is still clean here and that like the floor above there halls going right and left but unlike the floor above there is also a hallway straight ahead. He can just make out several darker patches on the walls both ahead and to the sides he would take to be doorways. To his left he can also see another stairway down.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Jaq moves quietly back upstairs.
"I see nothing moving down there either. Just three hallways, forward, left and right and some doorways in the halls. And more stairs leading down even further. Looks safe enough at the moment."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm

((Should we have someone carry a second torch before we head down? If only Kroshav has one, we're going to be trying to crowd into that 20'))
My game:

My characters: