Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 am

Kroshav will trim a sparring stick for Lurn if he doesn't have something of his own.

"Good! That was much better Jolly!"

"Of course, sparring one on one is less hectic than it gets in a real fight, there you're usually fighting with and against more than just one other person. Let's have you practice moving with Lurn and not getting into each other's way as you try to tag me with your sticks."

Kroshav will take a defensive stance, and circle around the other two to give Jolly a bit more of a feel for moving in and around other combatants without blundering into his allies or leaving himself open to attack.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 am

"Ah found a couple o scrolls. One be daylight and one tagged as HW. Ah think it maybeh healin' word but Ah cannae say fer certian. Ah also found a journal from a preist o Pelor n a bible o Pelor.
Maybeh on our way back we can stop here n see what else it has."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 am

((HW could also be MH... possibilities include: mage hand, healing word, holy weapon, or mass heal.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 am

"We're here now. I'd like to see what the others make of this stuff before we take it. Doesnt feel right looting a place like this."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:06 am

"If the one item is an old journal of a priest, I think if we take it to another temple of Pelor they would be very happy for its return. And we won't take anything else of any religious value. Certainly not that metal marking, but we can tell the priests where they can find their old forgotten temple."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:58 am

"Mmmhmm. No sense leaving everything to rot."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:05 am

((A quick glance in the room shows that Joe left a few books to rot.))

Jaq looks the rest of the way down the hallway and sees a wall of dirt similar to that they crawled over. Seems this is all there is, or maybe all that was protected?
---
Has a good amount of difficulty in splitting his attention and mostly gets frustrated at stumbling and blocking Lurn and makes reckless attacks that leave him open thinking Lurn could cover him.

"Ya tryna teach me that if I'm more trouble than I'm worth in a real fight?"

Eventually he picks up keeping track of Lurn but he is clearly more if an obstacle than an ally.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:13 am

Ves takes a quick look at the books Joe left behind. If one of them is a holy text, she'll pick it up for herself to read through a bit. Any others, she'll leave on the altar under the symbol of Pelor (unless I made up that there was one, in which case she won't :D )

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:22 pm

((No altar, just a pile of dust.))

Ves picks up another holy book of Pelor and moves the history book, commendation scroll and last holy book of Pelor to underneath the symbol of Pelor.

((Anything else or heading up?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:26 pm

If there is no other ways to search, then Joe will head up.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm

"Not trying to make you feel bad, we both know you're not trained to it, but I'd rather you see it for the first time here, rather than when we're staring down a pack of enemies out for more than bruises and splinters.", Kroshav says with an easy smile, seeking to mollify the human's feelings.

"I think that's good enough for now though, we've either got a full day of walking or a full day of digging ahead of us, depending on if we need to make that hole big enough to go rescue the others!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 pm

((screw it, she'll take the history book and scroll too if they're legible. Might help us in the ruins))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:22 pm

((They are, so Ves does.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Lurn shrugs, "Worry not, I have little ability in group combat either. I merely remain in the back of the field to use my gifts."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:39 pm

If we're all done down here, Ves will help Jaq and Joe out of the temple (advantage to each) before attempting to scramble up the rope and debris herself.

Athletics:
1d20+3 = [5] = 8

Stupid books getting in the way of climbing...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 pm

"Oh! Then I'll make sure that you're part of every training session too, Lurn!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 pm "Oh! Then I'll make sure that you're part of every training session too, Lurn!"
:lol: Kroshav is great :D

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Jolly gives Lurn a desperate look as he drops his shield and leans against the statue breathing hard. He slides to the ground without comment beyond,

"Oh, ya. Great."

As he sits resting he watches the spot Ves and the others went down with a bit of concern after Kroshav's chipper doomsaying.
---
Down under the temple the group decide it's time to go and head back the way they came. Ves gives Joe a boost up to the top of ledge of the dirt and debris and Jaq is able to pull himself up. Both Joe and Jaq notice it has gotten wetter, even down here, which is a mixed blessing - it is easier to slide across the muddy debris but they are getting soaked and covered in muck. Ves follows behind them and discovers the same.

Joe has the least trouble getting out, reversing her descent, first crawling, then moving on her elbows before finally belly crawling out into the rainy morning. Jaq and Ves follow with more difficulty but both manage to drag themselves out without getting stuck.

Lurn, Jolly and Kroshav watch as first a mudslick of a halfling clambers up the stairs to them and a few minutes go by before the other two stomp up the stairs, looking more like mud golems than an elf and a human.

Jolly says with a very small grin,

"Have fun?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:22 am

Joe cleans herself and the others off with presigigitation and grins at Jolly. "Yep! Ah found a couple o scrolls Ah thought might be helpful. Dunnae know if ye can read em o nay."

Joe pulls out the daylight and hw scrolls and gives them to Kroshav and Lurn to look over. She also pulls out the pelor's bible and the priest's journal. "Also found some readin' material. Might have some good material in thar." She tries to lift her bag and sees it's a bit too heavy for her.

"Er do he mind if ye carry some stuff fer me bigun?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:21 am

Kroshav will dutifully look to see if the scrolls are anything he understands.

"Sure, I can carry stuff if you're needing me to."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 am

Kroshav understands the daylight spell scroll without any issue. The other scroll is just blurry jibberish.

((The books are 5lbs apiece))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:12 am

"Oh, cool! This one lets you make light as bright as daytime! No idea on the other."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:17 am

Ves puts the scrolls and books over in the dry space and then stands out in the rain to not get everything muddy.

"Hey Joe, can you do that cleaning spell of yours again?"

Once she's cleaned up, she'll pack up breakfast and get pack and then check on the others.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 am

((Got your rolls for the day just let me know when you are ready to roll out.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:27 am

((She'll show the other scroll and books to the others. She's going to want to hang onto the holy book for a bit, but probably would give the history book to Jaq and Joe to look at since smarts is their thing.))