Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15 am

((I've lost all sense of where we are in relation to anything, so... I'm fine with us being wherever is going to be the most interesting.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Just retreating far enough to whisper without being heard for the moment.

Lurn gives a small noise of affirmation to Kroshav's point, "Mikram, give me a pinch when we're close to the top or you see a drow, and I'll light up my shield so we can fight. Let's all get back up there and give them a beating."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:39 am

((Dlover, Spider or Lost give me a d20 roll please.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:44 am

Since he is not in the room I thought he was in...

Jaq will pause for a bit and listen carefully for where the footsteps are heading and anything else he can hear.
Per: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

After hearing nothing, he will wait another count of 30-Waterdeep (instead of 30-mississippi) before making a peek out the doorway. If he hears and sees nothing, he will make a quiet dash to the north and round the corner.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 am

Kroshav follows after Lurn and Mik, keeping Sword out to provide what advance notice he can.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:57 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:28 am

Joe follows behind Kroshav, ready to give the drows hell.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:05 am

Jaq pauses and listens. He hears the stops move and then he begins to faintly hear whispers in elven that have a distinct angry tone and then the movement of feet back in his direction.

The feet stop moving in his direction as he hears a shout, more of a yelp of surprise from the direction of his comrades.
---
((A few seconds earlier))

Those on the stairs begin moving up again. A short distance from the blind corner in the stairs sword says in Kroshav's head,
► Show Spoiler
A step or turn later, Lurn and Mikram in the lead, are a short distance from the blind turn when Mikram says something, loudly, in dwarven while pinching Lurn,
► Show Spoiler
This is quickly followed by a surprised yelp in the stairs.

((Can I get initiative from everyone please!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:27 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Kroshav is also ready.
Initiative: 1D20 = [20] = 20
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:03 am

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21

((Is... Is CoyoteCode broken right now? Did we really just roll three twenties in a row? Also, I realise now I'm an idiot for not declaring a prepared action to cast Light when a drow showed up.))
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:14 am

((Well this week has gotten away from me with sick kids and forgetting to check here...

Group 1, group 2, group 3: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Okay, well you're all going to be going first! Until you come around a corner you won't need a map but right now Joe, Lurn and Kroshav are looking in the direction of a surprised sounding drow. Jaq doesn't see anyone but hears them back towards the stairs he came up.

I won't be able to get a map up until Sunday anyhow but I will try to update things with a word picture here!))

Initiative:

Jaq<----
Joe
Lurn (and Mikram)
Kroshav
Group 2
Group 1
Group 3

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:15 am

Joe fires an eldrich blast at the drow.

eldrich blast: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D10 = [1] = 1
1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
1D10 = [6] = 6

She'll then go around the corner so the drow won't target her.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:50 am

Hand Crossbow attack: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Jaq leans out of the room door as far as he needs to, so he can target a drow with their own poisoned crossbow dart. He fires and then immediately runs out of the room, and runs north to the corner and turns it and stops. Does he see anyone around the corner? If not, he stays there and stealths. If he sees someone down the hall, he instead turns around and using cunning action, runs as fast as he can back to the room he was in and re-enters it.

(I don't know what damage their hand bolts do. He should get sneak attack damage on the hit, probably.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Come Lurn's turn he's just Lighting his shield up and... I guess just getting close-ish.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:18 am

((@NSF, none of the Drow are in sight. From the door you're 90ft ish from the stairs down. You've heard them and it sounds like they're closer than the 90ft but they are definitely outside the 30ft range of the crossbow and somewhere past your 60ft dark vision. How would that change your action?

@Lost, it is still dark until either Lurn or Kroshav lights things up for Joe. You can hold the attack until then? But that would mean there is no backing around back into the mud room.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:18 am

(Oh, I was way off with my location to the stairs, Sorry!)

Jaq takes a deep breath and he starts moving quietly towards the drow and the stairs. Once they are in sight he continues onward until he is in crossbow range if he can get that far. He will shoot at the drow if he can get that far and then he will move into the room he is next to and he will move into the se corner of the room. Since that was his only bolt he will switch to the borrowed sword. If he cannot get close enough or if they see him, he will move mostly into the nearest room and get a good amount of cover and hold his shot until they get within range.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:50 am

((As Jaq is acting first I'll say he can get into long range without any difficulty, they are distracted by the yelp in the stairs. Getting to within 30 ft, the normal range, at 60ft he'll see the backs of two drow. You can just roll the shot above with disadvantage.
► Show Spoiler
The duo of drow are right at the SW corner of the big square of this block so at 60ft the closest room would be running towards them and jumping in. Jaq could also run back to the room he just came out of as well. Running towards them would put Jaq very close to where they are standing and probably isn't what he wants?

I swear I will update the map... Just been very busy at work and then away from home during the weekends.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:43 am

( I will be in Vegas until late Thursday, so no posting for me for a few days)

Jaq sees they are distracted by the stairwell, so he will slowly move towards them, quietly and hope they don't see him. He iwill move his regular 30 feet and use cunning action to hide in the shadows, or try to. He will hold his action of shooting at them if they or any enemy moves within 30 feet of him.

Next move maybe..If they do not see him this round and he didn't shoot last round, he will move within 30 feet and shoot. Then cunning action to move out of short range by moving north out of 30 feet range.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 am

((Okay!

Enjoy the buffets!))