Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 19, 2019 10:02 am

((I don't think Kroshav can get to the Guard 1, even with a dash, can he? Has Joe and her friend moved into view for him yet?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 am

((No to both, he can't quite make it to guard 1 and Joe and her ride are still outside. I will get a map up in about 15 minutes.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 19, 2019 10:23 am

And Map!

Exactly 15 minutes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 19, 2019 10:31 am

Kroshav will run around the skeletons, and stop 15 ft south of guard 1.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 20, 2019 7:07 am

((So it doesn't get lost on the last page:

So Ves is SE of the Dark Figure and NE of Guard 1 at her end point?

Thinks, give me a wisdom save for her, with advantage please.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 20, 2019 7:46 am

I'd like to be further from the guard if possible, but if that's as far as she can get, that's as far as she can get.

2d20 = [14, 4] = +3 = 17

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 am

((That was as far as I could get her, mostly because one north would result in a horrible, horrible bath.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 am

((Then there she shall stay!))

What does the bathwater look like, now she's seeing it closer? She's not testing it, just first impressions

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 am

Ves jukes around Guard 2 and springs up to the Dark Figure using her forward momentum to land a bone breaking swing into the figure's rib region. She is somewhat surprised when she doesn't feel anything break. The swing instead felt like she was swinging her staff underwater. Pulling the staff back shows the figure's side has compressed inwards at the impact site. The Figure turns it's gaze from the pool to Ves and where it's eyes should be there is only swirling darkness. It does seem the blow stopped the whispering but as Ves goes in with her knee something in the pool catches her eye and she stumbles...

The surface of the pool is dark, dark blue and unbelievablely smooth. She can't see the bottom of the pool but suddenly she sees a flash of her grandmother crying and reaching from it's depths and she feels an intense, brief need to reach into the pool. Her grandmother is in pain, she needs... Ves snaps back into focus and the pool is smooth again.

Kroshav moves up to support Ves, not quite being able to keep up with her.

The Figure's voice echos around inside the ruins,

"And now you will be brought."

It steps over the lip of the pool into the water. As Ves and Kroshav watch the water turns to dozens of skeletal hands that grab the figure and drag it down, almost instantly, in complete silence. The pool returns to it's dark, smooth state as if nothing happened.

All of the remaining skeletons collapse in piles where they stand, Joe rolling to a stop beside the one that was carrying her.

Everything is quiet.

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp) <------
Lurn (21 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (0 hp)
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon May 20, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 am

"What in the hells..."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

Jaq looks in wonder for a moment as the skeleton just collapses.
“What happened?” He asks out loud to no one in particular.
He will dash towards where Jolly and Lurn exited the building. If he doesn’t see any enemy at that point he will cunning action dash further to find the others. He will stay back from enemies and stay in ranged weapon range though. Stop near where he might be able to hide behind something.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 am

Jolly, who totally wasn't forgotten, dashed over to just get a glimpse of Joe and her bearer. When the skeleton carrying Joe crumbles Jolly yells,

"Hey, one that had Joe just...well just fell apart. Wadya do in there? Joe still looks bad, can't tell if she's even breathing still!"

Jaq turns around, leaving Joe to Lurn (in a couple of turns), and enters the ruins, passing Lurn on the way. Looking around for more skeletons he finds only a large number of bones, old weapons and armor bits scattered and piled on the floor. runs to the prone Joe and turns her over and sees that she is breathing and that the blood from her chest wound has slowed. He carefully pours one of his older health potions into her mouth, hopeful it is still effective. As he watches he sees the gash on Joe's chest quickly nit together and her eyes flutter open. Glancing north Jaq can see a small portion of the large main area north of the stairs, but not a (standing) skeleton anywhere.

Upon waking Joe feels an intense pain pretty much everywhere that quickly fades to spots she was hurt. The ringing in her ears is gone but has been replaced with a horrible taste. Almost like she vomited beet soup into her mouth and it doesn't seem to be going away.

Health potion effectiveness: 1d10 = [9] = 9
Health potion healing: 2d4+2 = [4, 1] = 7

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)<------
Joe (7 hp)
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue May 21, 2019 3:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 20, 2019 12:26 pm

(Joe’s better of with Lurn than the maybe ok ancient health potion)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm

((But how are we going to know if it works if we don't test it on someone? :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm

(I am okay with being a test subject :p)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 pm

((If NSF wants to do it I will allow the action to be changed. Nothing really happened from his moving backwards.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Hmmm....Ok...
I was on my phone earlier, I also didn't notice Lurn was still SO far away. Yeah, He'd do the potion.

Jaq sprints over to the fallen Joe, and while running over there he begins getting a healing potion out. Once there, he will carefully pour it into her mouth.

"C'mon Joe, wake up."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 21, 2019 12:27 am

((Edited above. In the future roll me a d10 when you take any of the older potions to determine effectiveness. I will roll the healing.

Also this direction is quicker for Jaq to get into the main ruins than backtracking if that was his alternate goal.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 am

With Joe healed, Lurn heads for the main hall, keeping his mace and shield at the ready. "Did you kill the thing?"

((And now I start contemplating whether the 'being taken' will take long enough to get a long rest, Prepare Ceremony, and cast a Ceremony to purify an altar of undeath.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 21, 2019 3:52 am

((Lurn moving as far as he can and readying an attack or dashing inside the ruins with weapons out? Assuming dash for map below.))

Map!

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp) <------

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

((Dash, yeah))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 am

Joe holds a firebolt to any skellys that come nearby.
[1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19[1d10] = 3

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 21, 2019 6:12 am

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)<------
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm

((sorry, been travelling the last couple of days.))

Ves peers over the edge of the pool cautiously (Dodge action if she can) and looks for wherever the talkative thing went:

Per: 1d20+3 = [6] = 9

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Ves cautiously looks into the pool and sees... nothing. It's surface is as smooth as any glass she's ever seen and if she hadn't just seen the figure step into it she would say it is glass...except it doesn't seem to reflect anything. The sky, the walls of the ruins, the edge of the pool, not even Ves are reflected. She also gets a sense of incredible depth even though the rim of the pool only reaches her knees.

((Kroshav is up.))