Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:45 am

((It is still before lunch so Kroshav would know from what the priest said that it will still be a long while before she is expected back. So back to the Goat's stables first? Though you could probably summon the horse just out front in the street I guess?))

Ygar walks into doorway on hearing his name of the small room and says,

"Welcome back! What have ye been up to? Aye understand from Gvin that ye had some things identified and been making donations?" He gives Lurn a look and nod, eyes moving unashamedly to the stump. "Ye changed yer mind lad? Aye can get that fixed up for ye now." Then to Jaq, "How's yer baby arm? Ain't fallen off?"
---
Ghram leads Cary and Joe back to the camp and a tent with a guard. The guard salutes and and Ghram ducks inside and waves the other two after him. He pulls a large pack and a smaller bag over and opens them to let Cary examine their contents.

The large bag is filled with metalwork, mostly a few more intricate metal objects that Cary can't determine the purpose of but they are likely things that a typical town's blacksmith wouldn't be able to make. There are a dwarven runes for O and B on each but no full names. In the small bag there are instruments must be specialty metalworking tools along with cloths, books and other personal effects. On the bottom of the bag there is a small metal disk with the clan runes of Blandblok one side and Opal on the other. Cary vaguely knows that the Blandbloks are a client clan to clan Adelsten, who dominate the gemstone market from Thalmiir.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:24 am

"Well, we are officially no longer part of the army conscription, so we will begin wandering about again. And yes, the new arm is working great and slowly getting stronger." He shows this by trying to give the man a semi-strongish handshake. "My thanks for everything again. If the church ever needs my help for something make sure to let me know." He explains how to reach him through his father and the store.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 am

((Give me a strength check with disadvantage!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:40 am

Jaq manages a decent shake with his, pale thin fingers. Ygar nods approvingly and replies,

"Thank ye, aye'll keep it in mind but don't panic ye don't hear from us!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:19 am

"I'm managing well enough with my one arm, though thank you for your concern. At the very least, it means I'm half as likely to go grabbing unholy objects no wise man should touch. And Jaq's right, you've done a great deal for us. You're deserving of far more than we can offer."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:05 am

Kroshav guffaws at Lurn's quip.

"Don't worry, if Lurn keeps getting grabby with demon's playthings, I can always take the other one off!", he says with a grin, clapping a hand to his companion's shoulder.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 am

Ygar just shakes his head,

"Well if ye change yer mind you can come back and aye'll grow ye a new one."

The group gives their farewells to Ygar and Gvin and head back to the Goat, arriving around lunch time. The inn doesn't look busy and the streets aren't especially active.

((Let me know if you weren't done at Kelemvor's and we can take care of that!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:37 am

Kroshav sticks his head in the door and calls Yimi's name as instructed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:35 am

Yimi's aunt looks up from a conversation she is having with a patron, a perplexed look on her face. Before she can say anything Yimi bursts from the door at the back of the main room with a bang as the door slams open. Yimi's aunt quickly turns her attention in the direction of the noise as the young girl dodges and ducks her way to the door and slides past Kroshav to stand, panting, next to Charlie. She pets Charlie and says,

"Remember a girl and not Charlie!"

Yimi ignores everyone else. Inside Kroshav notices the aunt (who is the proprietor) is moving towards the entrance along with a half a dozen others. She is clearly annoyed but the rest look amused by whatever it is going on.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:29 am

"Sorry! We'll just be out back!"

Kroshav ducks his head back out.

"A girl, and not Charlie. Hopefully the gods have one handy."

((Seeing if Aunt objects before anything further.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 am

The aunt asks Kroshav, but has her eyes on Yimi who in turn is only looking at Charlie,

"Ya mean the stalls? In the stalls doing what? Ya aren't staying here any longer, or have ya changed ya minds?"

A couple people from the street are now curiously watching.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:18 am

"Not in them, Charlie and Bites don't get along, so near the stalls... unless there is a park or something like that around. Yimi has been a great help, I'd like to borrow her for a bit longer... I can pay for her time, if you wish."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:36 am

"Pay for her time?" Her eyes narrow, "What are ya about? What exactly do ya need a park for? And who is Charlie that he'd have a problem with my donkey?"
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 am

"Charlie's my horse, she's helping me make sure he's all good before we hit the road again. Alright, thanks, bye!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 am

The woman says with a tone familiar to children everywhere when they are near the end of the line,

"Yimi. Since these men aren't explaining why four adults need a you - what is going on?"

Yimi, still not looking at her aunt says quietly and quickly,

"Thedragonmanisgonnatomagicallybringahorsehere." Then adds just as quickly, "it'sgonnabeagirlandnotnamedCharlie. AndnoonelikesBites, he'sajerk."

There is a long pause as the aunt processes this,

"Yimi, sweetie. What did I tell ya bout strangers offering to let ya ride their horses? This is like that."

Yimi yells,

"But Charlie isn't a stranger! And the dragonman gave me this!" She produces her new dagger and waves it proudly and dangerously. The aunt's expression darkens.

"Yimi please come here." She gives Kroshav and the rest an angry look, "and you four can leave before I call the guards."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:19 am

"But I am going to magically bring a horse here... or at least, I'm going to ask my gods to send one, and Yimi was very kind to make sure that Charlie would be alright with that. I wouldn't want to call down a horse that Charlie wouldn't like, and Yimi let me know that it needed to be a girl horse, and not named Charlie... which is good, because that would get confusing for me, since there's already a Charlie. Maybe I should make sure she doesn't share a name with any of you guys either, that would be confusing, if I called for Jaq and you both turned around. Though I suppose Jaq is more of a boys name. I can do it right out front, so you and Yimi can both watch, if you'd rather?"

Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Jaq tries to intervene. "Yes, I know you want to pay the girl back for how well she treated your horse, but let us do this right here, in front of her parent, so that no one wonders what we are doing."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:48 pm

"Oh, alright, if you think that's best."

Kroshav begins casting find steed in the street, thanking his gods and asking that they send him a girl horse to help him in his efforts on their behalf, and that she be a horse that's good at fighting, and can carry a dragonborn of his size, and that her name not be Charlie, or Jaq, or Lurn, or Jolly, or Celus, or Dama, or Yimi, or Ves, or Joe... oh, or Kroshav or Tarneth... if they happen to have a celestial spirit horse, and that it can understand Common, since most other people speak Common, and in case someone needs to tell the girl horse with not those names a message for him, it would be good if she could understand it. If it could understand horse, that would be good too, since he already has a horse (named Charlie, which is why he doesn't want a second horse named Charlie), and then they could be good friends. If the girl horse could be nice and get along well with Charlie, that would be very much appreciated.

It's not an elegant prayer, but it is heartfelt... and also ten minutes long. There's some Fist of the Five saluting in there somewhere too.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:48 pm

Yimi's aunt's expression of angry turns to a look of confusion as Kroshav makes a rambling, confused offer before launching into an equally rambling prayer. Her questioning gaze flicks to Jaq and she takes a step forward and says quietly,

"Is he...um... is he touched?"

A small crowd gathers to see what is going on but most wander off before the ten minute prayer has finished, leaving only a couple of increasingly bored looking patrons, Yimi's aunt and Yimi. Only Yimi looks to have the same level of enthusiasm as when the prayer started, and has long since been pulled away from Charlie to stand next to her aunt.

Finally, as Kroshav starts to get a bit hoarse, something happens. There is a flash, a pop and Kroshav finds exactly the horse he was thinking about before him. The aunt's jaw drops and one of the patrons curses loudly. Yimi is beside the horse before it has a chance to fully materialize, brushing and whispering.

((The horse's name and appearance are up to you Spider!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:17 pm

She's a bit bigger than Charlie, and has dark legs that transition to a silvery grey dapple across the back, mane and tail are both dark at the top of the head and base of the tail before lightening towards the back.

((Her name is Ealucam.))

"Hello there! I'm Kroshav Xjindraakvar, and my young friend here is Yimi, she's really good with horses, though I'm not sure how horsey you are, what with being a celestial spirit and all."

He looks relieved it worked.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Cary ponders all of the O and B on various things..."So she appears to be a member of the Blandbloks clan based on this she points at the small disk." She takes a quick look through the books mostly looking for what the subjects are...
"Any word on precious stones in all of this?..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:42 pm

"Whoa, Krohav, that was really neat. She just appeared out of nowhere! That was quite the LONG prayer, though. But I guess it was worth it. She is a beautiful horse."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 pm

"The prayers involved in divine arts can get rather long on more powerful spells, yes. It's a struggle to remember the proper wording sometimes. Thankfully the gods tend to be agreeable to using shorter chants for more urgent arts."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm

"Thanks! Oh, these are my friends."

Kroshav makes the introductions.

((His casting is more about the emotional intent and force of personality than proscribed wording, which is probably a very good thing.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler