Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 am

Jaq watches Joe clean up Korshav and quietly says to Lurn, "I'm very glad I was able to jump out of the way of that...crap. That is rather unsettling."

Walking over to where Jolly isn't feeling well, "Well, another thing my father taught me, in his years of going out exploring, 'It's always a good idea to not get into a fight unless you have to. And some fights you can't win or can be very costly and for no gain.' So,I think backtracking out of there was a good idea."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am

((You forward tracked :D))

Jolly looks at Jaq,

"Gods. Wasn't looking for any fight. Wasn't looking to get sprayed with shit either."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 pm

Joe cleans them off very well with presigigitation then gives both of them a nice pine scent.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

"It's probably a defence mechanism. Predators coming after them lose their appetite, things that aren't predators just want to be away from that. They made pretty obvious noises, so since that's stopped we're probably far enough away to stop for a few minutes."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:10 am

"Or they want us to relax before they eat us."

Jolly seems willing to move on. In fact he seems down right eager.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Jaq is on board with Jolly. “I don’t need a rest just yet either.” He states with a grin.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Ves nods.

"All right, let's keep going then."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:05 am

Ves leads the party on for the rest of the, uneventful, day. The rain lessens but doesn't stop as the party starts looking for a place to make camp.

((Survival from Ves to find a spot and perception rolls for the watches. You don't need to go to direct to bed though!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:07 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = [12] = 14
Nature: 1d20+5 = [1] = 6

Jaq will wander in the woods just outside of the campsite, but not lose sight of the camp, and take a look at the types of trees and bushes. He is trying to see if he finds any new or unusual or useful plants in the area. If he finds something he hasn't seen before, he will find Ves and point it out and ask if she knows what it is called and if it has any properties worth knowing about.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:19 am

Survival: 1d20+5 = [19] = 24

Ves sets up a cosy little camp for the night and helps Jaq as needed with IDing whatever it is he finds while she cooks.

Perception: 1d20+3 = [1] = 4

Keeping watch, she struggles to maintain her focus on the surroundings as she finds her mind constantly wandering back to the temple of Pelor, the fact that she apparently flew, and the stunned look on Kroshav's face when he said she was an angel... she finds herself wishing she could have a word with her dream-guide, but instead starts leafing through Pelor's holy book.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Ves finds a nearly dry spot under an out cropping of stone and trees. As a bonus the spot would be hard to spot from every direction but the south, and even then someone would have to be looking and get lucky.

Before heading to bed Jaq wanders out into the woods and gathers every single plant he sees as he doesn't recognize any of them. Ves very patiently identifies the plants Jaq brings, sometimes identifying the same plants multiple times. Nothing Jaq finds is particularly useful or unusual but he now is familiar with several common plants and how they look in their various life-stages.

Lurn keeps a diligent watch but other than a few distant lightning bolts in all directions he doesn't have entertainment. Ves spends her watch beginning to read the Book of Pelor instead of watching. The book presents ideas intermingled with stories demonstrating the intent of the ideas. She gleans that Pelor is big on doing as much good as possible, whenever and wherever possible. He also directs his followers to fight evil in all its forms, but not to the determent of doing good. He seeks to spread hope to all regardless of station. Her watch ends before she can dig more into his dogma.

Jaq's watch is quiet and still. The lightning from earlier has stopped but the rain continues. He notes that it has been an unusually rainy summer as he watches the clouds brighten with the coming of the dawn.

((New day! Survival roll from Ves, and morning stuff you want to do. Two d20s from whom ever as well please.

Ves expects, barring any unforeseen problems, they will reach their destination today.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Kroshav does his nightly latrine digging and morning filling, and presses both Jolly and Lurn into a morning training session, taking advantage of the terrain to show them tips and tricks about fighting among rocks and trees, and how best to use them to their advantage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 pm

My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Ves sets up the morning meal.

"Don't go too hard on them Kroshav, we should reach those ruins today and we might want to be ready in case anyone else has moved in in the meantime. On the plus side, this should be our last day of walking for a while!"

Survival: 1d20+5 = [8] = 13

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Joe looks excited at the thought of exploring some more ruins. She tries to follow Ves as quickly as she can. "So Jolly ye been near these ruins befer? Ye said ye lost somethin n hope ta get it back, aye? What ye be lookin' fer maybeh Ah can help ye."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Upon hearing Ves' pronouncement Jolly is distracted and doesn't make a very good showing during Kroshav's training session, that said he still does better than he did his first day. As he sits to eat and Joe questions him Jolly's face twists in a half grin that doesn't reach his eyes.

"Nah. Never been there. Ain't somethin' I can describe but I will know it when I see it. Maybe." He shrugs and looks towards the north quietly.

Once things are packed up the group follow's Ves north. Now that they are so close Ves spots a number of landmarks from the map and makes good time. Around noon, as the group settles in for a quick lunch, the rain finally lets up. The sky remains cloudy but occasionally a beam of sunlight breaks though and does its best to dry the party but also makes things slightly muggy.

An hour before dusk the party come upon an uneven, clearly ancient, stone pathway leading to where they are heading, seemingly. Ves would say that they have at most another couple miles before they arrive where they are heading. The closer you've gotten to the destination the more excited, and maybe worried, Jolly has become.

((Who has the map to the place you're heading it is Ves? Has Kroshav ever seen it? Just asking because of the languages that weren't translated before.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Also notes from the first reading of the map:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:57 am

"Despite never seeing the place, you will simply know it? And you have so strong a drive to go there? It it perhaps a sort of holy force pulling you to this quest?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:18 am

"Guy I got the map off of said the monks there had all sorts of stuff there before. Some of it may be what I need." He gives the barest hint of a shrug, "Probably not."

((Insight check from Lurn.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:24 am

((How did Lurn's sparring go? :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 am

((Yeah I don't trust that jolly isn't going to get us killed for something, but I'm guessing it's a family matter. I can't remember if I know that from a chat or just invented it though, but it would make sense if he lost someone to these ruins and then became an alcoholic to forget about it. Also, I think he knows a bunch more than he's saying, but Ves hasn't been pushing it so far))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 am

Insight: 1d20+7 = [1] = 8
The dice have decreed that whatever nefarious secrets are being hidden, this is the one time for Lurn to not be the most perceptive person in existence, regardless of his unstoppable stats. :p

Oh, and I forgot about the sparring... On his own he handles himself reasonably enough, managing his footing carefully, but has more difficulty with fighting alongside Jolly, slowed by being conscious of staying out of the way.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 am

Joe takes a closer look at the map. Seeing that there are various languages to the sides she ritually casts comprehend languages.