Ves' search finds:

17 gold coins
29 silver coins
22 copper coins

1 long sword
1 iron shield
1 light crossbow (10 bolts)
2 sabres

The gang leader additionally has a crumpled paper in his pocket with the numbers 57 - 92 - 6 - 41 on it. The dragonborn has a book in a language Ves doesn't understand but it has pictures with dragons?

The woman has decided to just lay on the ground and be sullen.

Everyone but Jaq (since Lurn has atleast an 8 ) also notices that the folks lying on the ground are certainly become more restless if not more awake.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:39 pm

"Hey, does anyone speak... Um... Draconic, I guess. Cos he's a dragonborn. Also, there's this paper with numbers on it. If it's treasure, I'm betting it isn't theirs. Might be worth a look when we're doing being vigilantes and beating up thugs."

She tosses the bag of coins to Joe. "You seem smart
Maybe you can work out everyone's share?"

She sniffs again and gingerly prods at the injury in her side.

"Well, shall we wake this one up and see what's she's got to say for herself?"

She rubs her hands together and moves to wake up the tiefling ((that's who the girl said might know stuff, right?)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:43 pm

((Dragonborn, and she is a she. The tiefling is male. Honestly I am not sure if it matters but I have a picture of them in my mind so... What you doing to wake her?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Joe looks at the coinage and starts seperating it out for them. "There is some extra, where did ye want ta put 'em?" Joe looks at the code. "Probably a passcode o somethin" She then looks at Ves. "Ye may want ta get tha crossbow since ye dinnae 'ave a ranged weapon, just incase."

Lets see....
4 GP (1 remains)
7 sp (1 remains)
5 cp (2 remains)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Ves shrugs.

"Never used one. I mean, I can, but I'm probably as good a shot as this one."

She nods at the conscious bandit and moves to wake the dragonborn, shaking her awake. If that doesn't work, she'll go to dump some water on her face, curse that she left all her stuff on a roof, and then just slap her a bit.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:34 am

Lurn Perception: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15

"Somebody who was knocked unconscious with such force may require some time to recover before waking. You may wish to recover your baggage while waiting, Ves."

"As for your complaints, girl... You chose to abandon a stable life for crime. Kidnapping, even. The results are inevitable, and at fault of nobody but yourself."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:20 am

The dragonborn doesn't respond to be shaken or doused with water. Seems likely she will need more than five minutes to come back to her senses. The tiefling is borderline awake.

"Ain't making complaints, just explaining, ya? You asked, I answered. I tried to make a deal but you're all just wanting something for nothing."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:24 am

((Anyone doing anything?))

The mist is now level with most of the lower rooftops. The only lights coming from two dropped torches, Lurn's light and a faint glimmer from the alley to the warehouse.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm

"Shall we begin by taking the girl and those we captured back to that house?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Joe goes to the elven woman. "She seems ta be almost awake now." Joe gently shakes the poor elf girl to wake her up. "As fer tha oth'r un, gag 'er n tie her up, we dinnae want her ta get away."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 am

((You've captured three bandits.

By the house you mean the shop that the girl was taken from?))

The elf girl doesn't respond to the shaking but does mutter in slurred elvish from time to time.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 am

Ves shrugs.

"This kid isn't safe back there, but she's hardly the only one needing help right now. This lot might be able to shed some light on who she is and why she was targeted, but I'm not sure it's worth waiting for them to wake up."

Ves prods at the dragonborn with her foot again.

"Anyone got any healing to wake this one up?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 am

"Let's take a bit of time here. First let the girl wake up so we can explain what is going on.
Then the bandits....Not sure if there are any guards awake except at the Prefect's palace, (How long would it take to drag them there?) but maybe more guards are awake and around by now."

He thinks a second and continues, "If we just start carrying her away now, she is going to think we kidnapped her, and so will anyone who sees us. We need to let her wake up first and see the real kidnappers that we stopped."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:08 am

"Well, she doesn't need to see a bunch of dead thugs when she wakes up, that's for sure. She's just a kid."

"I'm going to head back and grab my pack if it's still there and check the shop she was taken from. If I find any guards I'll bring them back. I still think it's a bad idea to stay here any longer than we absolutely need to."

Ves will head back the way she came to retrieve her backpack, taking someone with her (or maybe Joe's parrot) if they want to come.

((If Ves takes the parrot, she can send him back if she gets into trouble. If the others get in trouble, Joe can recall him and Ves will head back to find them)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 am

((About 20 minutes to the Prefect's and 15 minutes back. Lurn can carry two of them without much issue.

Jaq knows he is about a 5 minute walk from home as well. 25 minutes to the Rusty Dagger.

Ruby is lost in the night, the lack of darkvision is a problem.))

Ves grabs her things and pokes her head into the shop. Just a quick look shows two armored and armed elf soldiers (not guards) on the floor along with three finely dress elven women and an elven man. The soldiers have a crest on their shoulders ((History/int roll)).

The shop is filled with some very expensive looking dresses and jewelry.

((Investigation or perception if Ves is looking at exploring more))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:51 am

History; Perception: 1D20 = [9] = 9
1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

She only takes a cursory look around (no rummaging), but would like to check the health of the elves ((were they beaten up by the thugs or does it look like they succumbed to the poison?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:59 am

Ves doesn't recognize the crest on the guards, but it seems pretty fancy.

The elves are all alive and, aside from a nasty bump on the head of one of the women, seem unharmed. They are beginning to become restless like the girl.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 am

Ves hesitates for a moment, then moves towards the elf guards and tries to rouse one to consciousness (sit them up, give them a shake; nothing sophisticated).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 am

Ves lifts a guard a give him a shake. It seems like he wants to wake up but just can't quite get there. His head lolls to the side as he is sat up.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 am

Joe lets Ves have her parrot for a bit. "So biggun, ye know medicine, can ye 'elp wake this girl up?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am

Ves sighs and rummages though the room for paper and a pen.

Assuming she finds something she can write on, she'll leave a note reading:

"The girl is safe. She was kidnapped while you were out cold, but we caught who did it. If shes not here when you wake up, she's safe at this warehouse ((give address or directions))."

((If there's no paper, she'll carve "girl safe" and the address into the door or something))

Shell leave and head back to the warehouse with her stuff.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am

Ves finds paper and ink at the shops counter and leaves directions and a crude map to the warehouse.

The state of those at the warehouse remain largely unchanged. The tiefling is now fully awake but clearly still in pain and laying on his side. When he sees you it looks like he wants to say something but decides against it and just whimpers quietly. The formerly chatty prisoner is just staring at the cobblestones.The dragonborn is still out.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 am

"Hey, you woke up!

How about you start talking, hmmm? Who are you lot and what's your interest in the girl? I've just been back to her home and MAN I would not want to be in your shoes when her family wake up and come down here to pick her up! So talk and maybe we can make it a little easier for you to remain alive and whole."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

((Intimidation/persuasion roll please))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm