Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:10 am

Concerned for Lurn, Kroshav will spend another 5 to cleanse the firbolg of toxins.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:40 am

Kroshav channels even more healing magic into Lurn and the sick feeling and paralysis disappear! Unfortunately as Kroshav's attention is turned the sole remaining south spider attacks the dragonborn again, this time successfully finding scales. Kroshav stiffens and drops in a heap beside Lurn.
Initiative:
South ???
Jaq<-----
North ???
East ???
Joe (-16 HP)(Restrained)
Lurn (+5 HP)
Kroshav (K.O.)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:25 am

Jaq will pop out of the north door and look over towards where Joe is and send an arrow flying at the Larger dark spider.

Longbow attack: 1D20+9+1D4 = [4]+9+[2] = 15

arrow with sneak: 1D8+6+3D6 = [7]+6+[1, 3, 5] = 22

He then moves back in the room, per usual, head towards the south door and hides while still in the room.
Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [12, 15]+11 = 26

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:00 am

Jaq leans out and casually kills the black spider near Joe before scampering away, he has got a smooth process now.

The remaining north spider by Joe tries to stop her noise and movement with a firm bite but an invisible barrier blocks it, unfortunately the bright little one joins and manages to get through before again disappearing.
((Two One con saves please Lost))

The two brightly colored smaller spiders walk around on Kroshav before noticing that Lurn is twitching. Both walk over and bite at him. One gets only armor but the other sinks its fangs deep into the firbolg's neck sending him back into painful darkness. Both spiders then disappear.
Initiative:
South ???
Jaq
North ???
East ???
Joe (-24 HP)(Restrained)<-----
Lurn (K.O.)
Kroshav (K.O.)

((No change in positions beyond Jaq's move.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:24 am

((These spiders have crit me twice now. >.> Not that it would have needed it, with only 5hp.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:24 am

Joe casts shield! So the first one misses!

Con: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [3, 17]+3 = 20

Joe then casts magic missile on the large one.
Magic missile: 3D4+3 = [4, 3, 2]+3 = 12

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:12 am

((@Lost, So noted and edited above!))

Joe looses a series of bolts of energy that punch through the last remaining north spider, dropping it nearly on top of her.

The remaining south spider, seeing no targets nearby, dash moves towards Joe. Kroshav and Lurn are left unmoving in a pile of dead spiders.

((Jaq doesn't know the status of either of them at this point but could move closer and do a medicine check if he chooses.))

Initiative:
South ???
Jaq<-----
North ???
East ???
Joe (-24 HP)(Restrained)
Lurn (K.O.)
Kroshav (K.O.)

((The only remaining visible spider is 30' east of Joe. There are three smaller spiders somewhere, but neither Joe nor Jaq can see them.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:40 am

Did you take in account she has resist to posion damage as well?

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 am

Jaq pops out of the door again (South of K and L) and is ready to shoot at a spider again, but when he sees none, he begins moving north towards his two downed friends, while moving there he reaches into his backpack and grabs one of the dirty looking old healing potions and will get ready to force feed it to Lurn. (How far can he get? he will use cunning action for more movement if needed and will save action for the potion use) He is concerned about more spiders so he is scanning for others. "Wake up Lurn, we need your healing." he whispers in what almost sounds like a prayer.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 pm

((@Lost -yes, it's in the spoiler 21->10->5.

Jaq would need to use his cunning action to reach Lurn this turn.))

As Jaq moves around the corner of the intersection he can see a single spider moving towards Joe, opening a potion he gets a whiff of dirt.

((Roll me a d10 please NSF.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:25 pm

( it still shows her hp as -26 when previous turn it was -16?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:52 pm

((Okay let's see, -16 plus -4 piercing plus...wait it's actually -4 (17->8->4). Took the to hit rather than poison, sorry. So -24 rather than -26.

Updated!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:29 pm

((Let's hope one of the outcomes of these potions going off is antivenom.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 pm

Jaq poors the old potion into Lurn's mouth. The firbolg regains awareness again as the surprisingly tasty fluid pours down his throat. Too much in fact as he is still unable to properly swallow. For a few terrifying moments he thinks he is going to drown in the very potion that brought him back to awareness but it somehow absorbs into his mouth and throat. He would probably cough if he could.

Old potion healing: 3D4+2 = [1, 3, 4]+2 = 10

The two brightly colored smaller spiders reappear around Jaq as he is hunkered over Lurn. They leap towards the elf, sinking their fangs deep.
((Two con saves please NSF!))

A single spider reappears behind Joe and bites at her. ((Con save please Lost!))

Initiative:
South ???
Jaq (-19 HP+Poison damage)
North ???
East ???
Joe (-29 HP+Poison damage)(Restrained)<-----
Lurn (10 HP, paralyzed)
Kroshav (K.O.)

((There are currently two spiders on Jaq and one on Joe. Another spider is heading to Joe and will reach her next turn.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:33 pm

(I pretty much assumed this would happen...but then we all die at once!)

Con saves: 1D20 = [6] = 6
1D20 = [18] = 18

When the spiders appear and end up next to him he uses his rogue scout skirmisher ability to move out of their melee range (Able to move half his movement range with no aoo) south, hopefully before any poison effect keeps him from moving.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:29 pm

_: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [3, 11]+3 = 14

Joe will then hurl a mm at the nasty small spider

_: 3D4+3 = [4, 3, 1]+3 = 11

Aprox how much damage did it take?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:02 am

Jaq moves to escape and takes a step before dropping on his face.

((I thought Jaq had more hp, he was out even with the saves. Sorry!))

Joe darts the bright smaller spider and it dies, sliding away. The next two bolts...?

((Are asking how many bolts it took to drop it? One bolt would have killed it (saying it did 5 damage). You want to redirect the others to the big spider approaching Joe? The other smaller spiders are also in range.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:15 am

Next two bolts into the other phase spiders please, most damaged one first and hope it drops with one as well, if not it’ll take two.

(I didn’t know how much damage it took so far so that’s a relief)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:02 am

(Oh and poison from the last attack 17->8->4. So Joe is at -33.))

The remaining two bolts fly down the hall and each strike a bright spider, which effectively gets their attention. Both disappear.

The last remaining large spider skitters forward and bites Joe in her webby nest. Joe manages to twist just in time so it gets only air.

Spider fangs into Joe: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [8, 4]+5 = 13
1D10+3 = [7]+3 = miss
4D8 = [6, 7, 4, 8] = miss

((Joe is up! One rough looking big spider next to her and two smaller spiders... somewhere.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:18 am

”Feck!!!”

Joe will try to eldrich blast the big boy. _: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [3, 13]+6 = 9
1D10 = [3] = 3
2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [2, 20]+6 = 8
1D10 = [4] = 4

(I meant for both bolts to attack one if it didn’t drop
The Lost wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:15 am Next two bolts into the other phase spiders please, most damaged one first and hope it drops with one as well, if not it’ll take two.
...sorry my instructions were unclear, but I meant target most damaged first to attmpt to kill it and remaining bolts to the other phase spider.

...and I should have epected to miss terribly with ev and mm instead....

Edit: what action is it to use a scroll? She has a hw scroll...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:58 am

((You must have changed your post after I first looked, I specifically thought about the targeting. Either that or I am going crazy... The spider survives and disappears.

It takes an action to read a spell scroll but Joe couldn't make heads nor tells of the scroll labelled HW. If Lurn had given it a look recently he would have identified it as Mass Heal (not Healing Word). Either way Joe couldn't cast it, unfortunately!))

The big spider dodges the bolts and manages to sink her fangs in this time.

Spider fangs into Joe again: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [13, 15]+5 = 20
1D10+3 = [4]+3 = 7
4D8 = [3, 2, 8, 4] = 17

The other two spiders don't reappear...

((Even with a successful save Joe is down, 33+7+4= K.O. Joe!))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 am

((Well... Going to need some time for the next post.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Lurn awakens in time to see Jaq fall down with a grunt, a spider on his shoulder. A few moments later he hears blasts and cursing that can only be Joe's. He then hears her scream and the cursing stops.

Lurn lays on the cold floor looking at a dead spider and the wall beyond it unable to move. Out of his field of vision he hears scraping, scratching and dragging sounds and marks when Kroshav's torch gutters out leaving only his shield to provide light.

A spider passes in front of him then returns and sprays him with webbing, partially covering his view. He feels as the spider, one of the bright ones, climbs around on him before suddenly disappearing.

Then, for a very long time, Lurn hears nothing. It is as quiet as a grave. Straining he is nearly able to blink his watery eyes. Something passes in front of him, not a spider? There is a crunch and the sound of metal being shifted. Then Lurn hears a muffled impact followed by a quiet, nasty laugh a few feet away.

Lurn watches helpless as a dark leather gloved hand grab wretches his glowing shield away and tosses it far down the hall. Everything is cast into shadow and darkness as a hand rolls him into his back.

Lurn hears in Elven,

"Whatever this one is, it's awake."

He hears a quiet thwack and feels a sharp pain in his chest before darkness overwhelms everything.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:45 am

Joe
► Show Spoiler
Jaq
► Show Spoiler
Kroshav
► Show Spoiler
Lurn
► Show Spoiler
For now everyone can respond in spoilers too. Please respect the sacred boundaries of the Spoiler, holy be its name.