Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:22 am

► Show Spoiler
With that dealt with, and some prompting, Lurn will find some cloth to fold the metal object in, and when prompted go to examine the bones.
Can't remember what check the bones involved. Religion? I'll start with just a flat d20;
?: 1D20 = [2] = 2
((Welp, unless it's Perception, medicine, or insight, that's a guaranteed no, probably still no, apart from passive perception.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:12 am

Lurn
► Show Spoiler
Lurn moves back to the camp and examines the bones of Gapa when they are presented to him. The skull definitely doesn't have a mouth, so it probably isn't natural? They don't seem special in any other way he can tell.

Jolly is still confused but follows Lurn back to camp and goes to speak with Dama. After a while he moves around speaking with Celus and Indra before finding Kroshav and says,

"Found some coin and gems on the lady without a mouth. Already gave Celus and Indra an equal cut, took the same for Dama and me. Ya can pass the rest on to the others. She had the same amount of everything, for some reason."

He hands Kroshav a pouch with:
► Show Spoiler
((@Dlover, you could have rolled nature, history, religion, arcana or medicine and would have gotten different answers depending on what you focused in on. With a 2 he don't know nothing.
@Everyone, anyone else want to do anything? Otherwise you're having the same watches as before or are you mixing it up? It is currently about the end of first watch so there are three watches left until dawn. Only Jaq can get his full rest in within that time frame unless you want to hang out a couple hours later the next morning? It would put you into Kant's village after dark (where you can ask someone there where he lived).

Also, are you taking the hob's gear? There are longswords, longbows, chain mail and shields to be had.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:54 am

With the immediate matters addressed, Lurn goes to clap Jolly on the shoulder, "Seems what you picked up was something of a magical communication tool to some demon that was commanding Gethren. Doesn't seem harmful, though it likely got some information from it. Might be able to track us if we keep it, too, so it's good that you brought it to my attention."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:17 am

”Ye want meh ta cast id’ntify on it? Ah can see wha’ it does.”

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 am

Cary will burn the bodies, though really she needs to bury Kant...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:10 am

Jaq will take his rest/meditation as soon as it calms down around the camp. He has nothing further he wishes to do. After he awakens fully, he will do his watch from the woodline.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 am

Kroshav would like a full rest, but if everyone wants to get moving, he'd be fine to do so, also making sure to contribute to the watch.

((What is the state of the tents/gear that was in the AoE? In the morning, he'll distribute the coins and gems among X people.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Jolly blinks at Lurn.

"Wha? What are ya talking about? Was over in the woods and then I was standing here with ya. What did I find?"

Cary burns the bodies, it is a slow, unpleasant task but eventually, and with wood added a few times, they burn down. While she does that she considers Kant and how best to move and bury him. Probably try to get a blanket or something to scrape him onto first then carry him out into the woods (rather than in the middle of the camp ground?) for burial.

((Half of Kroshav's tent is destroyed as is half of Lurn's, burned then frozen and crushed. I will say the gear was in the other half of the tent.
If I counted right it would give each PC 3 of everything.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 pm

"Can you cast Identify without touching things, Joe? Looks like maybe it wasn't so harmless, if Jolly doesn't remember picking the thing up."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:46 pm

((You each get 3 platinum, 3 gold, 3 silver and 3 small gems worth 10 gold a piece from Kroshav in the morning.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:09 pm

”Ah think Ah can cast through Ruby if need be. If Ah act strange o anythin’ get it outta meh hands n tie meh up if need be.

...Next time ye come across somethin’ like tha donnae int’ract with it n tell meh so tha’ ye donna get curs’d. Yer tga only un tha can potit’ly cure ‘em.

Kroshav, I am goin’ ta ident’fy yer sword aft’r, Ah donna care how much she doesnae like it n no mayt’r what ye say, Ah cannae risk anyun gettin’ curs’d o mind controll’d o forgettin’ wha thay were doin’”
(Joe would also split loot but I don’t know how many ways to split it)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:26 pm

"Oh yes, let me just call you before I touch an innocuous piece of metal with no outward appearances which has been passed to me by a trusted companion. Really now, Joe, do be rational." Carefully unwrapping the object (At this point I'll say he's using a scrap from his ex-tent), Lurn lays the object on the ground, "Remember, no touching it directly."
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:04 pm

“Ya said it was a contact point with someun, ye shoulda put it down as soon as ye found tha out at least.”

Joe will attempt to ritual cast through Ruby, if possible.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:46 am

As Kroshav is close enough to hear Joe's comment about identifying the sword the sword will say to him:
► Show Spoiler
Joe makes a few pronouncements that elicit eye rolls from those nearby before setting to work identifying the metal piece. Extending her will through Ruby she has her familiar touch the bit of metal on the ground.

((Wisdom save please Lost!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:56 am

"She says that she'd prefer not to be touched.", Kroshav says with a smile.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:56 am

Since Lurn is already 'recycling' his former tent...Cary will request of Lurn...
"Er...can I cut a bit of your tent for a burial shroud for Kant the husband...the attack wasn't really kind to his remains..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:24 am

”Ah know, but Ah have ta make sure it be safe. Ah cannae let it happ’n again....”

[1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14

Edit: sorry I did int modifier, not wis. It’s actually 13, not 14

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:49 am

((Can you roll me a d100 and a d4 please Lost.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:02 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:03 am

((So where is everyone at while Joe is doing her identify? I have a fire going where Cary is burning bodies and that is where I picture the identify taking place since that is where Joe said she was going to toss Gapa's bones. Lurn is nearby watching and Kroshav is pretty close? Dama and Jolly are now closer to the other tents to get away from the fire's smoke and Celus and Indra would be closer to the rest of the party, likely setting up their own tents. I don't know where Jaq is at in relation to the corpse burning fire?

Can I got a con sav from Joe as well.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:11 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:11 am

((I'd said that Kroshav was going to go find Charlie and soothe him, so do want to do that if it hasn't been done. How close he was to Joe would depend on the timing of their convo, he wasn't needing stick around after telling her that Sword doesn't want to be touched, but if that was right before she starts casting identify, he'd be nearby. I think he'd likely intend stay up on watch for a bit, a bit too wakeful after the attack and being hasted to be getting ready to settle down again.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:23 am

((Lurn should be close, aye, since he's meant to be standing ready to separate Ruby from the thing if Joe reacts weirdly.))
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 am

Jaq is still being skittish about all being caught in a fireball, so until he begins to trance he will be keeping distance from the others a bit and keeping watch. He is going to be kind of off on his own, watching the tree line from about 60 feet away from most everyone. Part of his background is he thinks he is the best at what he does, cons, or whatever, and doesn't feel he can be beaten at them, cause of that, he also doesn't want to fall for the same fireball trap and tries to learn from that...and is gonna be skittish of big grouping up problems for a bit.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:44 am

Dlover wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:23 am ((Lurn should be close, aye, since he's meant to be standing ready to separate Ruby from the thing if Joe reacts weirdly.))
((Did Lurn give Cary permission to use part of his former tent as a shroud?))

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr