Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:24 am

((The room is a wide open space now that the shelves have been removed. It is in the shape of a + sign with walls to rooms in all the corners. The rooms in the corners don't appear to ever had had access to the larger room. The corner room in the SE you've been in, the trash room.

Which way are going? The central corridor has doors to the east as well and then the south corridor continues past where you can see (to the east and west)))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 am

Central corridor first, looking inside each door for anything

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 am

((Everyone on board with that? If so please everyone give me perception checks as you move up the corridor. Just going until you reach the end, given that nothing stops you?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:28 am

Perception: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11

Lurn's got no reason to decide otherwise.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:49 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Kroshav is on high alert.

Perception: : 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Per: 1D20 = [7] = 7

Joe is still annoyed at the deliberate destruction of parts of the libary to really look around.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:41 am

The party moves north along the central corridor. They find that the room across from garbage room is filled with slabs and chunks of stone, most likely from shelves. Coming to the second doorway to the east, across from the one blocked in the room they checked, they spot another large room. From what they can see it looks to be the mirror of the room the checked except rows of shelves are still in place and there are many, many webs. The doorway to the room is webbed but passable though further into the room the webbing increases so Jaq and Joe can only see a wall of white around the portions of the shelves. As they pause to look in all but Joe hear an intermittent rustling and Jaq is certain he sees some webbing shift near the shelves.

Heading up they come to a third door on the east and west. These 30'x30' rooms have three long stone tables built into the floor but nothing else to distinguish it from the trash room beyond a small amount of webbing around the tables in the east room. Just beyond that door they come to an intersection heading north, east and west. To the east Joe and Jaq can see that the webs from the east room have spilled out and they can see something lying on the ground partially covered in webs just beyond the illumination of the torch and light spell. Jaq can discern it is humanoid in shape and after moment realizes it is a golem similar to the one they've been interacting with. To the west beyond the light Joe and Jaq can see another large door across from the blocked door and to the east the webs block the view but they presume there is a matching door.
► Show Spoiler
((The webs don't really show up on the grey but trust me they are there! The stairs are just off map to the south.

Continuing north?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:14 am

”Nope nope nope.”Joe looks at the webbing with fear in her eyes. She goes back to the door, holding a firebolt for the feckin’ spiders, shaking a bit.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:37 am

"That golem might be really handy! Not sure if it will be able to remember what happened to it, but it may be worth trying to get it going?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:02 am

Joe freezes at the sight of the wrapped up golem. “Ah ainnae goin’ anywh’r’ close ta tha halflin’ eattin’ monstr’s’ty!”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:04 pm

"Golem's eat halflings?"

"Webs burn, right? I could light up another and lob this torch on the golem, see if we free it?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 pm

"I don't like leaving that many rooms behind us unchecked and with obvious problems like spiders behind us. I think the Golem would be great to free from the webs, but I think we should take care of the very webby spider room first. Joe could lob in some fire to the room then we back away and wait for it to come out and attack it from range for as long as we can. If it, or they don't come out, we keep lobbing in sorcerer fire until all the webs are gone. And hopefully we cook a bit of spiders." He looks at the others for input.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm

"Maybe they are friendly?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 pm

”Tha forkin’ eight legg’d ab’mnat’n o nature, nah tha gol’m Kroshav!”

“Feck no. Thay have a feckin’ golem in thar web, thay most cert’ily nah fr’endly. Ah’m goin’ ta a safe dist’nce n burn tha feckin’ web down.”
Joe moves far away from the web to where it’s as far away from her as possible but still able to get a shot at it.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:27 pm

Once she is ready to do that, Jaq will get bow ready and stand outside and south of the door by about 30 feet, ready to fire at the first sign of spider emergence. He suggests the others back away and ready themselves, too.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:49 pm

"Are you sure that's wise? Webs burn, yes, but fire in an enclosed space tends to be bad for everyone nearby. Especially one like this, where most of the air is stale."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:32 am

((Not sure if it is going to matter but the golem doesn't appear to have been stopped by the webs as much as having just been partially covered by the webbing.

Anyhow, Joe is firebolting the web by the golem or just what she can see in the hallway?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:35 am

What she can see in the hallway.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Joe, letting phobia lead her, moves back a few feet and let's a firebolt loose into the web filled darkness to the east at the very edge of the spell's range.

Joe tracks the bolt up to the webs she can only barely see. Kroshav and Lurn see a ball of light disappear with a flash. Several long moments pass with no visible impact then a faint red glow lights the darkness. The glow slowly spreads over the next minute and Lurn can smell smoke before he can clearly see it. The glow shows the faint outline of the golem to Kroshav and Lurn but Joe can now see it clearly. The web doesn't look to have burst into flame so much as begun to slowly smolder away. The golem is now clear of webs.

Another short while passes when all but Joe hear a hissing sound to the east. Then a louder hissing sound followed by an odd scraping noise. A tick passes and the noises are repeated, more quietly, from south of the group almost instantly answered by the same north of the group about as far away.

Jaq, Lurn and Kroshav all hear many clicking noises from the north and south moving towards them. Joe is just enjoying watching the slow burn of the web too much to notice.

((Using the same perception rolls as before.

I'm not exactly sure where Jaq is standing? Which door do you mean NSF? Presumably Lurn and Kroshav are near Joe?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:00 pm

"Ah, damnation, now you've gone and done it. Something's angry, whether it's the spiders reacting to their webs burning or golems to fire which could threaten books - even with those books gone - I don't know. If it's the spiders, there's no way I can calm them in this state, despite how I could have negotiated with them before."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:59 am

((You all have time for two actions before whatever is coming arrives. Currently no one sees anything, given that Jaq isn't too far to the north or south.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:26 am

Joe looks at Lurn ”N ye didnae say it earli’r because? Anyways feck tha spid’rs. Golem deactivate!” She holds another firebolt to fire at whatever is coming to show itself.

(So is she 120’ away or 240’ away?)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:45 am

Jaq was meaning he was south of the door that had the Whole bunch of webbing.
When Jaq hears things coming from all directions, he looks quickly, "Lots of them, Is there a room we can use to make a stand in? A Door as a choke point would be good!" (not the room that had most of the webs)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:50 am

"I have demonstrated many times that I am able to negotiate with animals. I also cautioned against starting a fire. You evidently didn't want to heed any warnings." Lurn conjures a Spiritual Weapon with the first round we've got, then readies himself to cast Spirit Guardians if something that seems hostile comes into view.
My game:

My characters: