Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:47 am

(sounds like a plan)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm

((Aye, I'd say turn it off if there are no other questions.))

Once the golem is finished its exploring, Lurn return to Jaq, "I can certainly see what guidance My Lord will offer us. Who will it be that I support?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm

((Let's see... It will be investigation for both Jaq and Joe. Joe can add her proficiency to the roll or double her proficiency if she is already proficient, this is straight up archeology.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm

Kroshav stands by for lifting and digging, as needed.

<Ealu, it looks like we'll be going underground soon. Not sure you and Charlie will fit, but maybe we can find a nice place for the two of you to hang out while we go below?>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Lurn will apply Guidance to Joe for an extra 1d4.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Joe seems initally saddened at the appearent lack of libary, but seems to eye the boulder a bit, taking a mental note of it.

Joe frowns at the depression of the ‘libary’ trying to look for anything...anything out of place or of significance.

Investigation (archelogy) [1d20+8] = 15+8 = 23guidance [1d4] = 1

(Also a question would the shatter spell help in shattering mundane objects? I’ll need to get it next day but it would be good to know just in case and Joe has investigation and history, so she’s pretty decent at her job as archelogist)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 am

Kroshav gets back,

<Somewhere warm. It's cold. I'm cold and Charlie is cold too. Can you make a fire?>

Joe gets to the business of archeologying with a fury. She examines the depression and after a couple minutes of light excavation she uncovers the outline of the stairway, dirty and cracked stone. A bit more digging shows the stone floor around that and the top of the first stair, or at least what remains of it. The entire structure she can see appears relatively intact but has been heavily weathered. A few more minutes of digging in the frozen, rocky soil shows reveals another stair in not great condition. Joe isn't able to estimate how deep this goes but would guess that the entire stairway has been filled with soil and rocks over the years and it might take days to clear it. What that means for the overall condition of the archives she can't say but wouldn't guess it is a positive thing unless there is or was a doorway that would have stopped things from getting further in.

Looking out over what she is sure was the library floor, Joe can say that the archive's roof has not collapsed though it is entirely possible something else has happened to it.

((Shatter would work on the boulder...and the stone library floor. You could potentially cast it in the air above the boulder so it misses the floor and hits only it. The boulder does qualify as a huge object so it will take some doing to out and out destroy it.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:49 am

"Hm, well, maybe the boulder blocked the passage so that one didn't get filled in? If we can get it moved, that is."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:55 am

"Either way, it looks like we might be out here for a cold night, so I'm going to start a fire to keep everyone warm, any objections?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:12 am

Ealu stomps and nuzzles Jaq.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 am

“P-please hurry with tha. I-it’s frezzin’ meh up.”
Joe points out the rubble and stairs. “Thar be a good c-c-chance of s-shelt’r ‘ere.” Joe digs through her bag and brings out a shovel, pick and the immovile stick.

She tries to find a place to wedge the shovel between the boulder and the wall.
“Anyun got r-rope? Lurn can ye find pieces o wood o somethin’ ta help wedge t-this bould’r?”

(Joe is from a much more topical enviroment, living to the south and near the coast so she is very much hating this cold weather)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am

With some digging around the boulder Joe uncovers the floor, and in one spot an area it looks to enter the stairway. The rock gets wider as it goes up, in a vaguely squat egg shape, making getting under it a bit tricky. How much of the egg is down plugging the stairs is unclear.

Using her pick she is able to chip away pieces of the boulder and of the floor enough to get a shovel in.

((This spot is pretty well scoured of trees/bits of wood. You'd have to walk a good ways to get any from either side of the Cut.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:31 am

"I can help work on the rock, but if someone wants to take the horses to drag back some firewood, Ealu can let me know if you need me to come running."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 am

”Can ye be careful? If this done wrong we may haps harder time gettin it out.”

Rodgeir wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 amHow much of the egg is down plugging the stairs is unclear

Eggg? Arcana [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 history [1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24
Joe carefully tries to chip away from the...egg boulder.

(Hmmm what lays med/large eggs? Dragon? )

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am

Jaq will go with the horses to get firewood brought back. "Can I get a ride, Ealu?" he asks.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 pm

(("vaguely squat egg shape". It's a big rock.))

Ealu looks to Kroshav on Jaq's request but does seat closer.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:15 pm

<If you're comfortable with him riding you, Jaq's going to go get some wood for a fire so we can stay nice and warm.>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

<YES! It is so cold.>

She moves closer to Jaq.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:38 pm

"She would very much like to get warm by a fire, Jaq. You can mount up and she and Charlie will help drag back whatever you can find."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Jaq has some rope and will do just that, go looking for a good fire log or two with the horses.
"OK, let's go look for some fire wood, horses, I'm going to hop on, as you two can move faster than me."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Jaq easily gathers wood with the horses.

What is everyone else doing in the meantime?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Kroshav is putting his war pick and shovel to use in shifting dirt on one side, to see if we can topple the 'egg' and roll it out of the way.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Joe puts the immobile stick between the wall and gap and uses it to help prop up the boulder and leaves it hanging. She tries to get her pickaxe and picks at the space near the immobile stick so that she can try to put the shovel in and uses her shovel as a lever to aid Kroshav in getting the egg rock out. Any additional movement of the boulder and the stick will be put behind it so they don't loose their place as they work on it.

(Uh huh suuuure. I'm onto you :P)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:16 pm

"I've got rope, but how does it help?"
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:21 pm

"I'if thare be enough space fer ruby ta squeeze through, we maybeh able ta get the top around tha rock n use tha stick o tha disk spell as a ru-rudament'ry pully o pull s-sys-st'm"