► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm

► Show Spoiler

The goblin turns the wine bottle in his hands, seemingly far more interested in the container than the contents.
► Show Spoiler
He points at Lurn with the hand not holding the wine bottle and points to a spot closer to Ves and not too close to him. Presumably, should he need to bolt.

In common he shouts,

"What need?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Lurn activates Detect Magic (From Firbolg Magic) to check the figurine as he approaches to the indicated spot. When asked what he wants for the wine - or at least that's what it seems like to a firbolg with half the information - the large man shrugs, "I don't mind letting our guide decide on how to trade." He glaces at Ves, "Though maybe information would be useful... Ah, there's one other thing." Slowly reaching into his pack, Lurn pulls out the cloth cuts (Which he had offered to Ves before, but only leather has been mentioned). "Softer than leather, but too small to make clothing. Maybe good for bandages?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:34 pm

((The cuts are colorful and about a meter by a meter. Let's say Lurn has 10 of them.))

The figurine is definitely magical, conjuration. Medium weak strength aura.

The goblin tenses as Lurn reaches into his backpack but relaxes as the cloth is pulled out. He moves cautiously over and feels the cloth, nodding.

"What want for it? Map? Way? Have more-" he clinks the wine bottle with a thumb nail, "-holder of drink?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm

"Hm, a map of the areas around here could be useful. I don't have any more wine, though." To Ves, Lurn will say, "It's certainly magical. Conjuration magic of some sort, and not especially powerful. I'd wager it's a utility of some sort."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:20 pm

"Uh... Right. Lurn then, do you mind?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:32 pm

"Examining the figurine? Working out more might take a while, and I've never been too good at all that stuff. Best I can tell you is that it's got a bit of conjuration magic in it."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 am

The goblin nods and gives a snarl/grin,

"Said was maybe magic. Is much cost. It for not skins, container, small spear and dagger. More haves?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 am

"For something with weak magic that we don't know how to use? I won't be contributing any more of my equipment for it."

((Well, not that Lurn has anything more that he'd trade regardless. But y'know, bargaining.))
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am

Jaq asks, "Do you need more to trade with? I can spare a dagger if needed."

(Sorry for delay, my weekend got annoyingly busy.)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 am

"Oh, Ves, he wants holder of drink? I have some glass bottles, with stoppers." He pulls one out of his pack and holds it up. With a bit of a smile he adds, "If they want, I can tell you what the elixir inside helps with, you'll just have to translate."
Jaq all of sudden, seems to have gotten less tense about this goblin situation. He seems to have no longer think of them as enemies they'll have to fight, to...something else. Something he is more familiar with.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:24 am

The goblin looks past the fire and says,

"What say? Glass? Blue one go. Glass one come."

He waves Lurn away and Jaq over to see what he has.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 am

Jaq will wait for Lurn to start returning and then he will head over to join the goblin and Ves. He will have the glass bottle holding red liquid in his hand.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:34 am

The goblin, seeing Jaq is an elf, glares as he approaches but his gaze quickly shifts to the bottle.

"Is why-none like this?" He lifts the bottle of wine. "Metal dagger?"

"What trades for? More maybe magics?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:37 am

"Yes, it is a metal dagger. And my bottles are not filled with wine, but instead with something much more useful, an herbal infusion that will benefit...male goblins. Female should not drink this. Ves, you might need to translate some of that please."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 am

((Give me a deception please.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 am

As the...exaggerations... leave Jaq's lips he feels his new ring cool slightly.

The goblin's eyes widen before returning to a shrewder expression.

"Is magic in glass for goblin? Have maybe thing trade for."

Turning he calls up the wall,
► Show Spoiler
The rope extra rope is pulled up and after a moment an arm wooden length stick about the width of a finger and a small, palm sized wooden box are lowered wrapped in a leather band. The goblin takes them both and, setting the wine bottle carefully down, presents both the stick and the box.

"Two is magic. Stick fly, box no open. Trade for all."

((The ring gives +1 to deception...and other stuff.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 am

"How does the stick fly? How is that helpful?" asks Jaq. He looks over to Ves and says, "What do you think, good deal?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 am

The goblin holds out the stick and lets go of it.

The stick doesn't fall. He tosses the end of the rope over it and the rope hangs over it. He tugs on both ends of the rope and the stick doesn't move. He grabs the stick and pushes it down.

"Magic."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:18 am

So, what is all out for trade from our group at this point?

And is anyone against trading for what was offered so far at this point?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 am

((They are offering the idol, the box and the stick. And a map.

The group has offered two daggers, a javelin, a gem, wine, cloth swatches x 10 and at least one bottle of 'elixir'.

It is unclear what the goblin means by 'all' and the map doesn't seem to be part of the offer currently.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:29 pm

((Ooc: We want that stick.
Ooc2: sorry for the delayed replies, I've been super busy, but thanks for assuming Ves translates, cos she does, and that helps!))

Common: "Ok, so two daggers, a javelin, a wine bottle, some cloth, a gemstone, and some vials of a male enhancement potion, which... I don't actually want to know why you brought those with you. They won't kill the goblins, will they? If we make a bad deal for them, they'll make our lives out here REALLY difficult. Lurn can you take a look at the box?"

Goblin: "That's strange. What good is a box that doesn't open? The stick... Yeah we can use that. Where is your map for? We have some maps already."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:52 pm

The goblin responds in Goblin,

"Map of our territory and some distance more. A day east, half day south, day north and some to the east. The box is magic. Maybe has something more magic in it. Maybe not."

He seems to try and follow the conversation between Jaq and Ves.

((Going to guess some was whispered? He speaks some common though most of what said would be an excellent negotiation tactic talk?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm

((I did not realise he spoke a bit of common :lol: honestly, Ves is pretty straightforward, so nah, she wouldn't be too worried about being overheard while she talks to Jaq. She's not hiding anything and believes honest dealings are a better way to deal with folk than dishonesty.))