Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm

((The boarding house is the only place offering that in town, would Kroshav have negotiated? Everyone sleeping outside? No one interested in the boarding house tonight?))

Joe leaves the boarding house as abruptly as she entered. She goes to the midwife's home and knocks. After a moment the door opens, sending out a strong smell of smoke, and the women looks around before noticing Joe. Her mild expression souring,

"You." She lets that hang in the air for a moment before continuing stiffly, "Glad to see you have recovered. What do you want?"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 pm

“Ya Ah’d like ta know where be tha ‘usb’nd o Bell’ny.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm

((Would have paid the asking if it seemed reasonable. If we're spending the night, he'd inquire about a room at least.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:10 pm

As Joe leaves the boarding house Kroshav, Jolly and Celus hot on his heels, enter. The old man smiles warmly at Kroshav,

"Good to see you back, dragonsir! Your horses are taken well care of they are of the feeling that it is good to be out of the rain. Perhaps you are seeking of that as well? Or of the food? Tonight is a rabbit stew and spiced breads?"

Jolly inquires about rooms and the man shakes his head,

"There are only four of those and they have already been filled. The dormitory hall is having of many beds. 2 silver a bed."

((The stabling price, since it would have potentially been long term, was 3.5 silver a day per horse. Kroshav could have dismissed Ealu and saved that cost? The price seemed reasonable enough, more than Tom charged but he wasn't in the business either.))

The midwife's face softens,

"That poor man." She looks past Joe into the darkness and rain. "Haven't seen him today. He was mostly over by the soldiers before they pulled up yesterday and hurried back to the city. Man spent the better part of every day sitting by the edge of the woods calling for his wife. Don't know if he's given that up or not. Maybe decided to finally go home, Uppner from what I understood."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:40 am

”Ah will do meh best ta find em.

Joe will look for the husband on the edge of the woods.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:38 am

The midwife doesn't respond and watches Joe walk into the darkness before closing the door.

Joe does a loop around edge of the forest and finds no one, though the ground has clear signs of use. It is too churned to say whether it was the patrols or the husband.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am

Joe will try to fond Grism I guess to see if they know where the husband is

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 am

((He is gone, the soldiers were getting ready to leave before you headed out the first day.

Let me assure you that this place is small enough that you will be able to determine if he is still around by tomorrow. The time of day makes everything harder.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 am

(Okay Joe will check in the morning I guess. She’ll conjure a hut, which looks to be an old small temple for her to use.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm

((Where? Over in the refugee field?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:18 pm

( I assume some have left and there is open area fer her ta do so. Refugee camp sounds good.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm

Kroshav paid to stable both, since he doesn't want Charlie to get lonely, and Ealu can look out for him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 pm

Joe sets up in the mostly empty refugee field, she would probably have gotten looks had anyone been around but as it stands no one looks to have noticed.

Inside the boarding house Celus, Jolly and Indra all opt for some food and look be considering lodgings. Dama arrives a few minutes later and, shaking herself dry, looking around and then waving for the owner to bring her some food. She sits next to Jolly and gives him a wet, cold hug that the big man accepts with feigned dislike. She then looks around for Joe,

"Where's our little bearded she wizard?"

Everyone shrugs.

((Where is everyone else staying? Joe is kind of out on her own, but maybe she will let you stay with her. Otherwise there is the boarding house or camping.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:54 am

"I'll go look for her. Wouldn't want to leave her on her own for too long considering she apparently tried to fight something extremely dangerous last time."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:04 am

Lurn goes and looks for Joe. He quickly, even in the dark, notices an odd hut sized temple that he is sure wasn't there when they got here in the middle of the muddy refugee field.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 am

After ducking back to let the others know, the large man heads for the structure, "Joe, I figured you could do with some company."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 am

Jaq will stay in the boarding house, in the bunk type room. He will lay down as if sleeping for the entire night, but will stay awake in the beginning and only trance for his four hours near the hours before down. Since being robbed, he is being a bit paranoid around strangers.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:00 am

Kroshav would bed down near Jaq.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:08 am

Lurn probably found her while she was trying to shave the beard. She turns beet red when she sees him and tries to finish quickly.

”Ah wasnae expectin’ nonebut ye be welcome ‘ere.”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 am

Everyone else decides to stay in the more spacious boarding house with Jaq and Kroshav, where it is dry and only smells a little like sweat and there are beds. The beds are not much more comfortable than the floor of the hut, but still.

A pair of woman are the only other occupants of dorm and both keep a respectful distance from your group.

In the hut things are nice enough. Definitely better when there is room to stretch out. Just beard hair everywhere...

Morning rolls around and everyone wakes refreshed and to an overcast, but thankfully not raining sky.

Stretching Dama yawns and says,

"Was gonna tell Joe found her guy last night but I figured it was time to call it. He wasn't going anywhere. Think she'll come in for breakfast? Fella's sitting in this place's jail. Looks shit. The jail and the guy."

Scratching under her armpit she says,

"Jolly, I'm gonna let you buy me breakfast."

He chuckles and the two of them go to the common area together shoulder to shoulder.

((1 silver for the dorm bed and another 2 for breakfast and dinner.
1d2 for a beard Burns, 2 is another beard!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:28 am

"I've been meaning to ask for a while now, but what's with that beard? Some sort of curse? I can fix those now, so long as it's nothing like Jaq's hand."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:33 am

((Was the 3.5 per horse per day? I'll mark off another days worth as well for them.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 am

“It be a min’r hind’rance thacomes from this belt. Tha belt provides too many benf’ts ta nay use it. Ah can just cut it off when it app’rs, no need ta remove tha curse.”

1d2 = [1] = 1

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:21 pm

"Strange, but probably not really a curse, I suppose. So, do we have any plans for today Joe? Any ideas on tracking this hag?"
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:35 pm

”Ah think we should talk ta tha husband forst ta see what direct’n tha house be at. If all else fails we may need ta borrow a dog ta try ta track her but...Ah donnae have high hopes.”